The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Religion cannot be proven by worldly sciences

Super19

And you never miss a chance to be an _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

You should facepalm yourself - for again - I did not say that GOD is a FACT because of UCA.

You go on and on and on about how "this is exactly how things happened and there's no doubt - it is a factual as me getting dressed in the morning".

See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Statements like that only demonstrate how poorly educated you are on this issue. It absolutely has been directly observed, in many different ways. Not only the proof that exists within the fossil record, but in our ability to map genetic codes and use microscopes to observe the elements of life at the smallest of levels. It's great that you agree with evolution, that's a start, but your grasp on it seems a bit thin.

Except you twisted my quote into a way you would be able to attack more easily.

I said:

Which is the case. We have no observable knowledge of the first living cell, we have several very plausible theories, but no exact proof of how the first living cell came into existance. Every article I have seen on the topic contains the word "probably" or "likely". Those words do not corespond with an irrefutable proof.

There is absolutely nothing about understanding evolution, or proving it, that is predicated on observing the very first living organism. The inference necessary is miniscule. Again, it's like saying that, despite every rock falling to the ground when dropped, we can't observe the very first rock that ever dropped to the ground, so we can't know for certain that one rock didn't just fall upwards instead. I don't think you realize just how silly a notion you're presenting.

Again, for the last time, if you are going to take such a stance on evolution then you must, necessarily, believe that no truth exists for anything.

Ever wonder why doctors tell you to finish all of your antibiotics prescription, even if you are already feeling better?!?

This is because despite you feeling better, some strains of the illness causing bacteria may remain, and through the selective exposure to a particular antibiotic, a mutation has allowed it to develop a resistance to that antibiotic. This is how we get antiboitic-resistant strains of bacteria.

Also, the reason why we constantly need new flu vaccines and why there isn't a cure for the 'common cold' is because they are caused by bacteria that constantly mutate and form new strains, becoming resistant to past remedies.

Evidence for evolution is not only held to the microscopic world. Do some reading on Darwin's finches for a more relateable model animal.

I am aware about drug resistance and Darwins Finches, as are most people who have taken any sort of high school biology class.

They are both key points in proving that organisms do actually evolve.

I have never questioned the idea that organisms evolve.

It seems highly improbable to me that all these things were created simply as a result of accident or blind physical forces. Our hearts, consciousness, intelligence, the earth, insects, stars and all variety of things all point to a higher being to me. They aren't undeniable proofs, just signs pointing to His existence.

It seems highly improbable to me that all these things were created simply as a result of accident or blind physical forces. Our hearts, consciousness, intelligence, the earth, insects, stars and all variety of things all point to a higher being to me. They aren't undeniable proofs, just signs pointing to His existence.

The legitimate explanations tell me how, not why.

And even for the how, rational arguments can be brought forth that it can be attributed to the higher being Muslims call Allah. He created it, and He sustains. How? That's something science knows a thing or two about ie: facts about sun, and gravity and other physics laws.

Archived