The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Religion cannot be proven by worldly sciences

Super19

FFS, it's about time you got your head around the simplicity of what I was saying. :picard:

Seeing as we're the only highly intelligent, bi-pedal, sentient, carbon based life-forms that we currently know of that can travel to other planetary bodies, yeah we are extraordinary.

And yeah, this extraordinary universe did require an extraordinary explanation for its existence....and that's why scientists went out in search for one and has come up with one. I'd try to explain it to you, but i'm wary of doing so, because you seem to have trouble grasping the simple definition of 'extraordinary', let alone the Theory of Evolution. Attempting to describe virtual particles to you may make my head explode.

What is this evidence of yours you speak of? Let's have it then.

And no, the evidence that something natural exists is not evidence that it was caused into existence by an intelligent designer. It's only evidence that it exists. For example, a rock is not evidence of a god....it's evidence for the assertion that it is an aggregate of minerals formed through natural processes over geological periods of time. A rock does not prove God, nor does it prove that it was the creation of an intelligent designer. In that way, the universe's existence and reality isn't inherently evidence for God or for an intelligent designer. Again, rock =/= intelligent design/designer......which is equal to saying that, universe =/= intelligent design/designer. Much like we studied and discovered the natural process by which a rock is formed, so too have we begun and started answering the questions of how the universe began and was formed and evolved and what's going to happen to it as time goes on.

Dajusta really loves that irreducible complexity arguement.

Bottom line though, what's more irreducibly complex than God? It's a ridiculous arguement, thrown about by people that can't think critically about their own hypocrisy.

Fact is, we can explain many, many of the complex workings of our world, and we understand more as we study and experiment. That will never be true of God.

Basically, Dajusta, your entire arguement is faulty in a massive way and I'm shocked that you haven't been called on it sooner.

Oh okay, thanks. I see.

When I as a Muslim believe in Allah, I am not making any claims on His behalf. If I did, I agree, it'd be worthless and wrong. However, I believe He has made claims about Himself, and that we can find them in the Qur'an and hadith al qudsi. True, the reality of it is incomprehensable, but the meaning is not. IE: Allah is a being with hands... the meaning Okay, we believe He has hands BUT the reality? We don't know, incomprehensable, it's nothing like we know.

Dajusta really loves that irreducible complexity arguement.

Bottom line though, what's more irreducibly complex than God? It's a ridiculous arguement, thrown about by people that can't think critically about their own hypocrisy.

Fact is, we can explain many, many of the complex workings of our world, and we understand more as we study and experiment. That will never be true of God.

Basically, Dajusta, your entire arguement is faulty in a massive way and I'm shocked that you haven't been called on it sooner.

But the Qur'an was written by men, so couldn't they have been making claims on his behalf when they wrote it? Same with the Bible and any other Holy books? There has always been a power struggle, a battle of hearts and minds between political and spiritual leaders, even in ancient tribal times the Chief was almost always in a battle of control with the High Priest.

• 3 weeks later...

*BUMP*

1) No it's really not. What's more flawed is the fact your argument necessitates a set of new set of laws which can't be known or understood by every single living known entity in order to prove (or at least rationalize) the existence of an omnipotent, omnipresent entity, the origin of belief of whom was around the time when human knowledge was relatively very little.

I would like to know why god (if he exists) is such a d**k. Isn't he supposed to love us, because quite obviously he does the exact opposite. Was it god who caused that earthquake in Japan last year? How about that tsunami in Indonesia in 2004? All i'm saying is that god clearly has no regard for human life.

I really hope you're just trolling.There are so many amazingly thorough explanations for everything we see around us that are completely independent of any necessity for god(s) that observing what we know as creation is a much stronger argument against god(s) than it is for. We know how so many things came to be without the need for a god(s).

I don't really like your wording, either. When you say "choose to ignore" you imply that, deep down, we all know god(s) exist and that it's a conscious decision to be ignorant. It's like saying "heads I win, tails you lose" when flipping a coin. It doesn't work that way; I'm not ignoring anything, thanks.

Archived