The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Religion cannot be proven by worldly sciences

Super19

It just seems like an unnecessary add on.

"Oh, we have all these scientific advancements detailing the origin of the universe. We understand how matter, space, time and energy functioned in the early universe. We can explain the physics behind the point of origination, and we have a much broader scope of the grander machinations of the universe. By the way, a god may have helped."

My main point is just that we don't have any evidence to suggest "the laws of physics" can create the the universe from nothing, can create life and consciousness from non living, unconscious matter. Who's to say that a god isn't necessary for those? Maybe it's not the christian god, maybe it's only a deist god, but either way the belief has to be faith based.

And there are scientists working right now to answer those questions. I hate breaking out this argument, but just because we can't say that a god isn't out there, doesn't warrant belief in it. It's the same reason I don't believe the force created the universe.

And faith based belief if just stupid, regardless of what it's faith in.

Okay... true.

You can believe that the only evidence for God one should believe in is through a 'scientific process'. I don't know what that exactly implies. Maybe pointing the Hubble Telescope to a far away spot and seeing some strange radiation/aura that God would emit? Lol. Like I said, the evidence you want cannot exist. God is outside this world.

In your own little world then. But like I said, I never said the evidence you wanted would put you on the right track (because it won't ever) and I never said that the evidence you are searcing for would put you in the right spot (which it can't ever). You want to observe something out of this world? Illogical to me. You want to explain a Being through which something He created? Illogical to me.

You're right, it is illogical, because it is illogical to believe there is a god without evidence.

If god is omnipotent, then he should be able to create evidence. If there were a deity out there that wanted to be worshiped, as most deities apparently do, then why wouldn't he make his presence known without a shadow of a doubt?

Archived