The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Religion cannot be proven by worldly sciences

Super19

your argument makes no sense at all... just because you want something, doesnt mean thats the way it is.. yes, it would be fantastic if we could live forever and remember everything we did. but just because that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside doesnt mean it's the way things are. The ONLY reason to think something like that happens is because some 2000 year old book told you that.

your argument makes no sense at all... just because you want something, doesnt mean thats the way it is.. yes, it would be fantastic if we could live forever and remember everything we did. but just because that gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside doesnt mean it's the way things are. The ONLY reason to think something like that happens is because some 2000 year old book told you that.

This was never really a question I needed answering as the evidence was always evident. Why do animals not just roll over and die without the belief of a creater. I have never heard of any animals finding Jesus except for maybe that one jackass. We are simply animals, living to survive and procreate. We are also entirely subject to natural selection.

When we can find infallible evidence of genetic similarities between man and mammal and observe the way they live it is not difficult to see the connection. In fact it's completely obvious, ask Diane Fossy.

I believe they have every right to do what they do, despicable as they are. You seem to think people don't like Christianity because it's irritating when they try to convert you. Not the case. I posted that showing you that people have deeper problems with religion. But you don't like that and claim I'm trying to change the subject.

Perhaps you should take a page out of your own book.

It's a good hope. Not a blind hope - mind you. There are all sorts of evidences to it. Moralistic, philosophical, archaeological, and scriptural.

Okay let me put it this way.. the person who rejects absolute meaning to life removes the essence of what it means to be human. Why do we behave "good'? Is it due to sociobiological reasons we do so? So if you don't gain anything, it isn't worth doing? Is it ever good to be selfless rather than selfish? How do you know what is morally "wrong" and what is morally "right"? How do you condemn what is happening right now in Lybia? Who is to say it's wrong? For the atheist to embrace cultural societal laws as "moralistic", then wouldn't you say a Muslim who embraces Jihadist morals is then justified in retaliating over the US film? It's moral relativity at this point. You cannot live in a world without objective morals.

What do I gain for your salvation?

It is not a scam, in which you should watch how condescending you are, because if said to a Libyan you might have just caused another American citizen to die.

If its a scam to tell the truth, then I'm sorry for being honest ;)

I never said that what I believe is "the way it is". I don't know what happens after death, and I'm not claiming to know. I don't take everything in the Bible literally. But I do agree with the concept of an afterlife because I think it makes more sense than no afterlife at all.

Yes you can. Morals are completely subjective. The morals from two thousand years ago are different from the morals of today. The only difference is non religious people have their own moral compass, while religious people have a strict set of morals they take from a book. But even then, they're still picking and choosing. Most people in modern society don't believe that someone who divorces their spouse and marries again should be put to death. But that is the punishment prescribed in the bible.

The bible says a woman who isn't a virgin on her wedding day should be put to death. Most Christians today don't agree with that.

Archived