The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Religion cannot be proven by worldly sciences

Super19

Apparently you think you gain something because you've kept to the very command that you acknowledge being commanded to keep. So, i'm sure you gain the deluded obedience slave award for proselytizing when your god descends out of the sky like a superhero, or something like that, no doubt. Either way, i'm pretty sure you're under the impression there will be some form of divine re-numeration.

Oh, it totally is a scam. In fact until relatively recently your religious organization, or at least the one your current one derives from was literally selling salvation to the most corrupt and wicked at the end of their lives, and the profits were lining the pockets of not only the institution selling the salvation, but they're the ones who controlled the means and rules of salvation and are the ones who made the salvation story into reality.

They bamboozled the peasants, the weak-minded, the gullible, the fearful, and all the rest that make up the fleeced flock for centuries and they still do, while living like kings and feudal lords. Look at all your Bishops and Cardinals and Popes and etc. If they aren't the spiritual Bernie Madoff's then they're at least certainly on the supernatural Amway board of directors. I've seen lesser pyramid shaped structures made by slave labour in Egypt, in comparison.

I'd have no problem saying it to a libyan as well as a christian or a jew, or a hindu, or whatever denomination of supernatural fable followers. You're just children who cling to your religious blankie because you don't want to grow up and think for yourselves because it's easier to have others think for you and promise you goodies for being good little children. Get off the biddie and up off your knees ffs and show some self-respect and dignity. Stop being such a sucker. I usually feel bad for people who fall for scams, but the religious victims are so very hard to feel bad for. You're literally willing gluttons of being taken advantage of.

Honest? It's isn't honesty my friend. It's delusion. It's drinking the Kool-Aid in Jonestown and trying to tell everyone else how yummy your particular grape flavoured one is. The only time you'll be honest and I mean truly honest, is when you start being honest with yourself about the garbage you've been sold and that you sell to others, and realize that though you think it's a valuable product because the wrapping is nice, at the core of it, it was nothing but another man-made, patent stealing, copy-cat, knock off, of some other piece of garbage that was long abandoned because that was being bought anymore either, and you were recruited to sell the newly wrapped and designed but ultimately same trash. How's THAT for some honesty padre? :)

You know I never understood why people read the old testament like "well the Israelites did this or that so that's what we need to do too" as if it was written to be some moral compass. What wrong with reading it like it was meant to be read. A story of a group of people and what they did. A history, not a magical all knowing moral guidebook.

You have some good points there. Keep in mind though that I'm not claiming I know the answer, I've either been saying what I believe or that no one has the answer.

And if the meaning of life is to learn, what is the point in learning if you won't remember any of it after death? (According to atheists anyway).

And I really like that last sentence there. This is a good way of thinking. I don't like it when people claim they have irrefutable evidence for either side of the argument. I don't have proof of a creator, just like no one can disprove a creator. It's a petty argument that will only end when people realize this.

Death is a part of life. Dying is no more worthless than living.

Even rotting in the ground can have a usefulness and therefore a positive purpose. And it won't be for eternity, it'll be until the stages of decomposition are complete. The earth, nor our solar system will last for more than a number of billions of years, so why you believe that your rotting body in the ground will remain rotting in the ground for eternity, is bewildering.

The burden of proof lays at the feet of the one who is making the claim....not the ones who don't believe a claim when it's one with no evidence to support such a claim as truth.

The argument ends when you remember to bring evidence before making extraordinary claims. In other words, put up or shut up, and since you can't put up, then please, in the general sense of claiming that there is a god, shut up. Shutting up about truth claims that you have no evidence for, is a highly effective way of not beginning an argument in the first place.

Death is a part of life. But if there is nothing after death, why do things if you won't remember them? What is the positive purpose of dying that you speak of? Doesn't make sense if there is nothing after death.

As for eternity, I was referring to death being eternal.

The burden of proof lays at the feet of the one who is making the claim....not the ones who don't believe a claim when it's one with no evidence to support such a claim as truth.

The argument ends when you remember to bring evidence before making extraordinary claims. In other words, put up or shut up, and since you can't put up, then please, in the general sense of claiming that there is a god, shut up. Shutting up about truth claims that you have no evidence for, is a highly effective way of not beginning an argument in the first place.

So since the general belief has almost always been that God exists(up until recent years), doesn't that mean that it's up to non-believers to disprove God? Granted, there is evidence that shows the possibility of no God, but there is no evidence to actually disprove a creator/God.

And telling someone to shut up is a quite distasteful way to disagree with them.

I don't understand your fixation with 'remembering' things when you die. What did you have for lunch June 17th, 2006? You don't remember? Then why did you do it?

It doesn't make sense because no living thing can comprehend the state of being dead. The closest you can come to is before you were conceived. Which you can't imagine either. Just because you can't imagine it does not make it false.

I think one of the big factors is just how poorly the religious population portrays God and how they carry themselves. As if either you're a Christian, Jew, Muslim etc. or there is no hope for you! As if an all-loving good would be so petty as to condemn people for their doctrinal differences...

Death is a part of life. But if there is nothing after death, why do things if you won't remember them? What is the positive purpose of dying that you speak of? Doesn't make sense if there is nothing after death.

As for eternity, I was referring to death being eternal.

So since the general belief has almost always been that God exists(up until recent years), doesn't that mean that it's up to non-believers to disprove God? Granted, there is evidence that shows the possibility of no God, but there is no evidence to actually disprove a creator/God.

Archived