2034 replies to this topic

#1351 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:10 AM

It was the first one of many that popped up - do I believe everything on that page? Nope.

BTW - the word dickhead doesn't appear in the Bible neither - doesn't mean they don't exist.

It didn't need to appear in word form, because there were already plenty of examples of how to be a complete dickhead in the Bible, like killing a poor fig tree for not having any figs on it when Mr. Perfect Love and Peace came strolling by.

What a dick.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#1352 AbbyNucksFan

AbbyNucksFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:15 AM

It didn't need to appear in word form, because there were already plenty of examples of how to be a complete dickhead in the Bible, like killing a poor fig tree for not having any figs on it when Mr. Perfect Love and Peace came strolling by.

What a dick.

dickhead*
Posted Image

Credit to LostViking for the sig! Thanks!

#1353 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

dickhead*

I stand by my choice of word use, but concede that 'dickhead' would have been an apropos choice as well.

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#1354 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:58 AM

wow - I did not know that.

BTW, here's a link showing how more atrocities have been committed by non religious.

http://www.godandsci...atrocities.html

Pre-20th Century Democide and Totals:
Religious: 2,650,000
Non Religious: 133,147,000

Biblical Basis for Burning:
"Through the wrath of the LORD of hosts is the land darkened, and the people shall be as the fuel of the fire: no man shall spare his brother."

– Isaiah 9.19.

"If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned"

– John 15.6.

Legal basis for murder by the State
"According to the apostolic teaching and the doctrine of the Gospel, let us believe in the one deity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, in equal majesty and in a holy Trinity.
We authorize the followers of this law to assume the title of Catholic Christians; but as for the others, since, in our judgment they are foolish madmen, we decree that they shall be branded with the ignominious name of heretics, and shall not presume to give to their conventicles the name of churches.
They will suffer in the first place the chastisement of the divine condemnation and in the second the punishment of our authority which in accordance with the will of Heaven we shall decide to inflict.
Given in Thessalonica on the third day from the calends of March, during the fifth consulate of Gratian Augustus and the first of Theodosius Augustus."
Codex Theodosianus, xvi.1.2 (380 AD)
Penal religious laws of the 4th century

Guide Book for Torturers

"All sects of heretics are condemned and various punishments are appointed for them and their accomplices."

--Pope Alexander IV (1254-61)
(Directory for the Inquisitors p. 135)

Posted Image

Gutted. Remarkably, the victim's soul was undamaged by this procedure

Loving Your Neighbour? – Killing Your Opponents!
"The list of religious atrocities committed in the sacrosanct name of Christ is long and varied ...
In proof of this, witness the gibbets, the wheels, the massacres, and the horrible burnings at the stake of nearly a hundred thousand human beings in a single province -
the massacres and devastations of nine mad crusades of Christians against unoffending Turks, during nearly two hundred years; in which many millions of human beings perished-
the massacre of the Anabaptists-
the massacres of the Lutherans and Papists, from the Rhine to the extremities of the north-
the massacres in Ireland, England, and Scotland, in the time of Charles the First, who was himself massacred-
the massacres ordered by Henry the Eighth and his daughter Mary-
the massacres of St. Bartholomew in France; and forty years more of other massacres between the time of Francis the First, and the entry of Henry the Fourth into Paris-
the massacres of the Inquisition, which are more execrable still, as being judicially committed-
to say nothing of the innumerable schisms, and twenty wars of popes against popes-bishops against bishops the poisoning assassinations-
the cruel rapines of more than a dozen of popes, who far exceeded a Nero or Caligula in every species of crime and wickedness-
the massacre of twelve millions of the inhabitants of the new world, executed CRUCIFIX IN HAND; and all for the honour and glory of the Jewish deity and his son!"
– Mitchell Logan, Christian Mythology Unveiled, 1842.

Just a few of the tortures that 'heretics' went through:
• Skin flayed from head, face and body
• Noses, nipples and breasts pulled off with red hot pinchers
• Fried or boiled alive or roasted on a spit
• Mouth slit back to ears
• Crucified upside down
• Thrown from windows on to spears
• Arms cut off
• Torturous slow burning, soles of feet, then up to ankles, mid-calf, etc.
• Women stripped, hung from trees by their hair and scourged or left hanging by one leg until dead
• Tourniquet placed on head and twisted until eyes came out

• Ears bored out
• Tongue cut out
• Set down (by pulley) into a fire by degrees
• Thrown to dogs
• Hung up by the heels and choked with smoke
• Disembowelled
• Sharp instruments forced under nails and into other body parts
• Racked until their bowels broke out
• Throats cut with butcher knives
• Knocked on the head with axes

Posted Image

Grilled. Simple but effective

Posted Image

Crushed. Squeezing heresy out of the foolish

Torture Chambers

' For 1500 hundred years, the Christian Church systematically operated torture chambers throughout Europe. Torture was the rule, not the exception. Next to the Bible, the most influential and venerated book in Christian history was the Malleus Maleficarum (Hammer of Witches), which was a step-by-step tutorial in how to torture "witches' and "sorcerers".

David Mills (Science Shams & Bible Bloopers, p361)

Read the best-selling horror for yourself: Malleus Maleficarum

Christians get a lot of mileage out of the aphorism of 'turning the other cheek', a sentiment originating at least as early as Pythagoras in the fifth century BC. Yet both in theory and in practice, Christians have honoured the principle of murdering their opponents. The word, it seems, came from the very top. Apparently Jesus himself said:

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me." – Luke 19.27
(Not the word of the Lord? <a href="http://www.jesusneve....htm#luke19">Oh yes it is!)

The Christian Heaven may have been a vain folly but the Christian Hell was real enough. For more than a thousand years sadists in the uniform of Christ terrorised and brutalised a continent and then exported that terror to the four corners of the globe.
The Church, which, with a satanic twist of humour, claimed to be the instrument of 'Christ's loving kindness' , taught a brutalised and impoverished people new meanings to the words pain and suffering...
For those who dared to be different:

Incarceration – starvation – psychological torment and terror – laceration – mutilation strangulation – suffocationcrushing – choking – burning – garrotting
slow and agonizing death.

Welcome to a Christian Europe!

Posted Image

Breaking on the Wheel

The naked heretic had each limb and joint broken precisely to avoid any fatal blows. He was then 'braided' into the spokes of the wheel and hoisted on to a post. There he was exposed to the elements – or left to be twirled by passers by who wanted to join in the fun.

The Pope's Pears

The vaginal pear was used on woman who had sex with the Devil or his familiars. The rectal pear was used on passive male homosexuals and the oral pear was used on heretical preachers or lay persons found guilty of unorthodox practices. Inserted into the mouth, anus or vagina of the victim, the pear was expanded by use of the screw until the insides are ripped, stretched and mutilated, almost always causing death. The pointed ends of the 'leaves' were good for ripping the throat, intestines or cervix open.
Posted Image Posted Image

The Judas Cradle

The victim is raised up by the rope or chain and then lowered until the vagina, anus or the coccyx rests on the point. The torturer could vary the pressure by hanging weights from the victim or rocking or raising and dropping the victim from various heights.

Iron Spider

The iron would usually be heated to red-hot and then used to slowly rip the breasts from the body. It would be used for such crimes as heresy, adultery, self-induced abortions, blasphemy and other "hideous" crimes.
Posted Image Posted Image

Strapado

Designed to dislocate the shoulders of a victim by hoisting him off the ground, allowing him to fall, and stopping him suddenly before he touched the ground. To add to the torment, weights (varying from 50 to 500 pounds) were tied to the victim's body to dislocate a greater number of bones.

Posted Image

Cat's Paw
A clawed rake, used to rip the person's flesh and tear the flesh from the bones of any part of his or her body.

Posted Image

Slow Burn

This pivoted pole was a 16th century device calculated to lift the victim in and out of the fire, roasting him alive slowly instead of burning him all at once.

Quick Burn in Holland

Posted Image

Posted Image

Extreme Makeover

The rackeverybody's favourite. Well, perhaps only of Inquisitors for whom it was the instrument of choice after the pulley had failed.

For the helpless victim dislocation of every joint in the body and elongations up to 12" were possible. 'Surgeons' might reset joints to allow the torture to be repeated. Severe lacerations and loss of blood would result from racking even without the additional use of red hot pincers to tear off nipples, tongues, ears, noses, and genitals.

A sadist's banquet – and of course it brought the wretched heretics closer to God.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Holy Trinity

When a sinner had 'blasphemed the holy name of god', or when he had perhaps told some truth about the local priest, it was customary to apply the holy trinity.
The Iron mask was heated in an open fire until red hot, then put upon his head. The scourge, also red hot, was then applied to his back. After the mask had cooled, it was removed from the sinner, taking skin (and usually eyeballs) with it. The prisoner's mouth was then opened and red hot pincers were used to remove the prisoner's tongue.
It is interesting to note that the Holy Trinity was designed not to cause death, so that the maimed, blinded and mute prisoner could live out his days as a burden to his family and as a testimony to what happens when one lets his tongue wag too freely.

Posted Image

Sources:
Alan Hall, The History of the Papacy (PRC, 1998)
Alice K. Turner, The History of Hell (Robert Hale, 1995)
Brian P. Levack, The Witch-Hunt in Early Modern Europe ((Longman, 1995)
A.F. Ide, The Popes... (AAP, 1987)
George Scott, A History of Torture (Senate, 1995)
Helen Ellerbe, The Dark Side of Christian History (Morningstar & Lark, 1995)
The Medieval Crime Museum
Rothenburg (Video)

Posted Image Related articles: Home
Posted Image Winter of the WorldThe Terrible Cost of "Christendom"

Posted Image A Good Book?? Try Morose, Misogynistic, Vindictive

Posted Image The Papal Princes – Christian Lords of Hell on Earth

Posted ImageThe Church Fathers – Putting the Dark into the Dark Age…

Posted Image Burning Times – Auto da fe

MAJOR SECTIONS
Posted Image
Do you really think it all began with a sanctimonious Jewish wonder-worker, strolling about 1st century Palestine? Prepare to be enlightened.
Posted Image Jesus – The Imaginary Friend

Posted Image
Still holding to the idea that some sort of holy man lies behind the legend? Better check out...
Posted Image
Posted ImageGodman – Gestation of a Superhero

Posted Image
A closer look at the glib assertion that the Jesus story "got off the ground quickly and spread rapidly."
Posted Image What DID the Early Christians Believe?

Posted Image

Many currents fed the Jesus myth, like streams and tributaries joining to form a major river.
Posted Image Sourcing the legend – The Syncretic Heritage of Christianity

Posted Image

Much of the mythology of Christianity is a rehash of an older and even more transparent fabrication – Judaism.
Posted Image Jew Story – The Way of the Rabbi

Posted Image

Human ingenuity and cunning is matched by mankind's equally monumental credulity and wishful thinking.
Posted Image Christianity's Fabrication Factory

Posted Image

Church organisation, authority and membership preceded rather than followed the justifying doctrine. As the organisation and its needs changed so has the ‘Testament of God’ adapted accordingly.
Posted Image Dogma – The Word in all its Savage Glory

Posted Image
From religious policeman to grandee of the church, from beast fighter in Ephesus to beheading in Rome, Paul's story has more holes than a swiss cheese.
Posted Image St Paul the Apostle – Dead in the water?

Posted Image

Orchestrated by ambitious Christian clerics, a cancer of superstition, fear and brutality was imposed across Europe.
Posted Image Heart of Darkness – The Criminal History of the Christian Church

Posted Image

The Christian Heaven may have been a vain folly but the Christian Hell has been real enough.
Posted Image Hell on Earth – A Brutal Superstition Spreads Across the World

Posted Image

Raised to the status of State religion the Christian Church reigned over the destruction of civilization. As the centuries passed religious barbarism grew ever more vicious.
Posted Image Winter of the World – The Terrible Cost of "Christendom"

Posted Image
For two millennia Christianity's anti-sexual, puritanical doctrines have inflicted untold damage on the mental, emotional and physical lives of countless millions of people.
Posted ImageThose SEXUALLY hung-up Christians – Loved-up for Jesus

Posted Image

With a Jewish father (stern patriarch) and a Christian mother (obsession with guilt and heaven) it is not surprising that Islam grew up a bit of a tartar.
Posted Image Islam's Desert Storm – 'Christendom' Reaps a Whirlwind

Posted Image
Heaven help us. The richest, most powerful nation in history has a psychotic infatuation with Jay-a-sus the Lawd!
Posted Image The Christianizing of the Americas

#1355 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,271 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

Blah blah blah

Got anything to actually say or are you just going to copy/paste ???

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#1356 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,942 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

Common 'attack' post made by an antitheist. Some self-labelled atheists are actually antitheist and they probably should re-label themselves if they insist on actively opposing theism.

Posted Image

#1357 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

Common 'attack' post made by an antitheist. Some self-labelled atheists are actually antitheist and they probably should re-label themselves if they insist on actively opposing theism.

Why should they? Your label-fetish seems to be doing a heckuva job.

#1358 Super19

Super19

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

I agree. Some are sincerely antitheists and/or misotheists at the core.
Posted Image

#1359 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

I agree. Some are sincerely antitheists and/or misotheists at the core.

Posted Image

Prometheus(Goethe)

Cover your heaven, Zeus,
With foggy clouds,
And try yourselve, like a boy
Who beheads thistles,
On oak-trees and mountain-tops;
You still must leave
my Earth to me,
And my hut, which you did not build,
And my stove,
Whose glow
You envy me.

I know no poorer creatures
Under the sun, than you, Gods!
You barely sustain yourself
From sacrificial offerings
And exhalated prayers
Your Majesty
And would wither, were
Not children and beggars
Hopeful fools.

When I was a child,
And did not know where from or to,
I turned my seeking eye toward
The sun, as if beyond there was
An ear to hear my complaint,
A heart like mine,
To have mercy with the embattled one.

Who helped me
Against the Titans' might?
Who saved me from Death,
From Slavery?
Did you not accomplish it all yourself,
Holy glowing Heart?
And glowed, young and good,
Deceived, thanks for salvation
To the sleeping one up there?

Shall I honour you? What for?
Have you softened the pains,
Ever, of a burdened one?
Have you silenced the tears,
Ever, of an anguished one?
Was I not forged into a Man
By almighty Time
And eternal Fate,
My masters and yours?

Do you imagine
I should hate life,
Flee to the desert,
Because not every
Flowering dream bloomed?

Here I sit, forming humans
In my image;
A people to be like me,
To suffer, to weep,
To enjoy and to delight themselves,
And to not attend to you –
As I.

Spoken Word:

Victor Hugo arrangement (1889)

Edited by Sharpshooter, 24 September 2012 - 02:33 PM.

#1360 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

Got anything to actually say or are you just going to copy/paste ???

Again turning the other cheek to the history of your all loving Christians. No where in the history of the religion ,you are proud of, does the sane person get all loving. The Bible is full of hate and for a sane person to say it's all about "love" is beyond stupid. Christians always come back with the same "bull" it all a matter on how you interpet the sayings.

The saddest thing about your reponse is you had none you simple want to ignore the suffering your religion has caused. I know there are many terrible things that have been done by others, but none claim like christians that they are "all loving".

If you want to be proud of calling yourself a Christian and be apart of an evil history of murder, rape and deceit, that still goes on today, then I feel sorry for you and all that follow. The history and facts are there for all to see, there is nothing to be proud of in calling yourself christian with its lies.

People do not hate Christians they hate the lies and then the response of Christians to defend those lies when the lies are facts staring them straight in the face. There is nothing more disrespectful and infuriating than a lie, having proof of the lie, and someone defending that lie.

#1361 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,271 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

Again turning the other cheek to the history of your all loving Christians. No where in the history of the religion ,you are proud of, does the sane person get all loving. The Bible is full of hate and for a sane person to say it's all about "love" is beyond stupid. Christians always come back with the same "bull" it all a matter on how you interpet the sayings.

The saddest thing about your reponse is you had none you simple want to ignore the suffering your religion has caused. I know there are many terrible things that have been done by others, but none claim like christians that they are "all loving".

If you want to be proud of calling yourself a Christian and be apart of an evil history of murder, rape and deceit, that still goes on today, then I feel sorry for you and all that follow. The history and facts are there for all to see, there is nothing to be proud of in calling yourself christian with its lies.

People do not hate Christians they hate the lies and then the response of Christians to defend those lies when the lies are facts staring them straight in the face. There is nothing more disrespectful and infuriating than a lie, having proof of the lie, and someone defending that lie.

:picard:

Again - no where did I ever say that everything ever done or had to do with Christianity was always all loving.

What I said was - there have been more hateful things done by those that weren't Christian/religious.

The Bible is full of love and for any person to say it's all about "hate" is just wrong.

Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#1362 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

Wrong -

Job 40:15-24

http://www.clarifyin...com/dinos.shtml

Nope, that talks about Leviathan (Sea Creatures) and Behemoth (Hippopotamus)

A quote from your link :

Tanniyn occurs 28 times in the Bible and is normally translated “dragon.” It is also translated “serpent,” “sea monster,” “dinosaur,” “great creature,” and “reptile.”

So, its a sea monster AND a land creature? :picard:

The bible does not specifically mention Dinosaurs, only the above that is so vague its not funny.

Dragon's never existed. :lol:

Edited by vancanfan, 24 September 2012 - 02:42 PM.

#1363 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:43 PM

:picard:

Again - no where did I ever say that everything ever done or had to do with Christianity was always all loving.

What I said was - there have been more hateful things done by those that weren't Christian/religious.

The Bible is full of love and for any person to say it's all about "hate" is just wrong.

So, non-Christians hating more than the hatred coming from Christians = Christians win??? :huh:

The Bible is full of many things. There's no doubt about that. There's plenty of love and hate and wisdom and foolishness alike. The one thing that the Bible is full of, as are many divine or holy books, is a bunch of nonsense....aka bulls$%^. Sometimes you just have to wade through it up to your chin, to get to something nice.

#1364 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,942 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:43 PM

The re-labelling of certain atheists to antitheists may allow atheism is a religion to flourish. If positive atheist ideals are at the center of that religion, then there shouldn't be room for antitheism in it. I can't imagine a church where snarky people gather together merely to make fun of theism. (That's what the internet is for.)

I would predict that antitheists would attack practicing atheists as well, despite common ideals, because antitheists are negative, cranky people that can't let things just be. Antitheistic and theistic fundamentalism are pretty similar in this regard in that they both attract the same type of person.

Passive atheism on the other hand, doesn't require theists to be converted. Just like non-aggressive theists don't insist on others to be converted as well. It's these non-aggressive ideals that will ultimately lead us to a greater understanding of the universe. Theists and antitheists butting heads with each other about unproveable aspects of belief has ultimately resulted in zero progress.
Posted Image

#1365 Remy

Remy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

Have you ever actually read the bloody thing?

And before your "Yes I have, how about you?" response: Yes, I have.

Which leads me to conclude that we either have grossly differing definitions of "love", or your literary analysis is severely limited.

Heretic, I feel like you're letting yourself get pushed into a corner here out of pure defensiveness. You seem more reasonable than a few of your posts would suggest. I really do not want to put you on the same level as dajusta, I think deep down you're a lot smarter than that. Don't get goaded into spewing silly extremist rhetoric.

#1366 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

The re-labelling of certain atheists to antitheists may allow atheism is a religion to flourish. If positive atheist ideals are at the center of that religion, then there shouldn't be room for antitheism in it. I can't imagine a church where snarky people gather together merely to make fun of theism. (That's what the internet is for.)

I would predict that antitheists would attack practicing atheists as well, despite common ideals, because antitheists are negative, cranky people that can't let things just be. Antitheistic and theistic fundamentalism are pretty similar in this regard in that they both attract the same type of person.

Passive atheism on the other hand, doesn't require theists to be converted. Just like non-aggressive theists don't insist on others to be converted as well. It's these non-aggressive ideals that will ultimately lead us to a greater understanding of the universe. Theists and antitheists butting heads with each other about unproveable aspects of belief has ultimately resulted in zero progress.

Such as......??

#1367 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

Which leads me to conclude that we either have grossly differing definitions of "love", or your literary analysis is severely limited.

Heretic, I feel like you're letting yourself get pushed into a corner here out of pure defensiveness. You seem more reasonable than a few of your posts would suggest. I really do not want to put you on the same level as dajusta, I think deep down you're a lot smarter than that. Don't get goaded into spewing silly extremist rhetoric.

It isn't the first time and won't be the last.

He's a smart guy who wants to believe nonsensical things so badly, that he'll do it at any expense, even his credibility and dignity. Along with rationality and reason, those are but two things people such as Heretic sacrifice once they've fully embraced their cults.

#1368 inane

inane

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,105 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

just checking in on this thread.

yep, same old arguments.

#1369 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

just checking in on this thread.

yep, same old arguments.

nu-uh

#1370 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

They don't hate us, they just hate their lives
And desperate people, learn to despise
The suicidals, don't want a coup
They don't wanna blow up
They just want their 72

72 virgins can never stop a war
But 100, 000 hookers can beat the Marine Core
And stopping hatred, fighting will cease
When everyone is getting blowjobs
That's when we'll finally have world peace
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsty....ers]
How many million men, have been killed in foreign wars?
We need to reinstate the draft, enlist a million whores
Start with sororities, and all the spring breaks
Ship the girls gone wild to Afghanistan
They'll gladly blow the Sheiks
These holy wars aren't holy
It's not the military complex
Terrorist are 16 year old kids
Who were promised Jihad sex

Maybe, if they could see a woman's face
They might not get on to that plane
With a bomb in their suitcase

72 virgins can never stop a war
But 100, 000 hookers can beat the Marine Core
And stopping violence, fighting will cease
When everyone is getting blowjobs
That's when we'll finally have world peace

mike burkett

Edited by The Ratiocinator, 24 September 2012 - 02:54 PM.

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#1371 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,022 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

How are atheists so sure there is no god? They sometimes seem more sure than (or at least on par with) all those Christians who say "I just know there's a God!"

Edited by Nevlach, 24 September 2012 - 02:59 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1372 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

How are atheists so sure there is no god? They sometimes seem more sure of themselves (or at least on par with) all those Christians who say "I just know there's a God!"

maybe they need a good blow job too :lol:

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#1373 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

How are atheists so sure there is no god? They sometimes seem more sure than (or at least on par with) all those Christians who say "I just know there's a God!"

Because there's no empirical evidence to support the claim that there is one. And the 'evidence' there is after 2000 years of proclamation that there is one, is terrible and from what i've seen, non-existant and easily debunked and quickly falsifiable.

What reasonable person wouldn't be, short of absolutely certain, at least sure by this point?

#1374 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,271 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

Nope, that talks about Leviathan (Sea Creatures) and Behemoth (Hippopotamus)

A quote from your link :

So, its a sea monster AND a land creature? :picard:

The bible does not specifically mention Dinosaurs, only the above that is so vague its not funny.

Dragon's never existed. :lol:

The Bible doesn't mention the word dickhead neither. There are posts in this thread alone that are proof that they exist.

"he Bible was translated into English long before the word “dinosaur” was coined. However, the word “dragon” appears 21 times in the Old Testament alone. "

"Job is the oldest book in the Bible. This book is very interesting from a scientific perspective because of the many natural phenomena that are addressed by God, Job, and his friends. Along the way, God points Job to two special creatures. The first, mentioned in Job 40:15, is usually translated “behemoth” in the English Bible. Some commentators have suggested that behemoth was a hippo or elephant. But the passage makes clear that this herbivorous animal was “chief of the ways of God.” Certainly the hippo and elephant (which had other Hebrew names) don’t qualify as the biggest land animal, nor does their anatomy fit the clear language of verse 17."

Etc...etc...etc...

Posted Image

#1375 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,271 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

So, non-Christians hating more than the hatred coming from Christians = Christians win??? :huh:

The Bible is full of many things. There's no doubt about that. There's plenty of love and hate and wisdom and foolishness alike. The one thing that the Bible is full of, as are many divine or holy books, is a bunch of nonsense....aka bulls$%^. Sometimes you just have to wade through it up to your chin, to get to something nice.

Close - we all lose would be the better answer.

Posted Image

#1376 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

Close - we all lose would be the better answer.

That would the 'dodgy' answer, yes.

#1377 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,271 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

What's in the Bible?

Well, there's history, there's moral teachings...

What hate are you referring to?
Man fell - the world is full of sin - so the world is full of hate.
Some of it is told about in the Bible.
Does that mean the Bible is full of hate - that is - a book to teach how to be hateful? No - it teaches us what our ancestors did and what we shouldn't be doing today.

Posted Image

#1378 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

What's in the Bible?

Does that mean the Bible is full of hate - that is - a book to teach how to be hateful? No - it teaches us what our ancestors did and what we shouldn't be doing today.

Which history are you referring to? The verifiable kind or the continuance of fairy tales, such as Noah's Ark?

#1379 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,348 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

What's in the Bible?

no one appears to be listening .

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#1380 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

The Bible doesn't mention the word dickhead neither.

Yes it does, you are incorrect, again.

Galileo was considered a HERETIC.

Told ya.

Dragon's did not exist :rolleyes: , sorry to burst your bubble dic, er, Heretic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.