2034 replies to this topic

#1411 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

Exactly....just like this one that i'm now responding to. You've hit the nail on the head once again, by demonstrating how to make retarded posts.

Carry on.

Whatever...it seems you believe what you want to believe and read what you want to read (reading comprehension be damned). Just too stubborn to be open-minded I guess.

Posted Image

#1412 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

I don't even know what the hell you are talking about, honestly? I mean, you bring up these ridiculous analogies that you made up in 2 seconds to "validate" your answers to people's posts. Anyways, off to study, wasting too much time reading nonsensical posts.

Are you asking me??

If you are, I would agree with you....you don't have a clue.

Stay in school and keep studying....I pray every day that something will penetrate that special protective helmet of yours.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#1413 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

Whatever...it seems you believe what you want to believe and read what you want to read (reading comprehension be damned). Just too stubborn to be open-minded I guess.

Right, i'm the one with the comprehension difficulties, even though you're the one who admits to not 'even knowing what the hell i'm talking about'

Pouria, on 24 September 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

I don't even know what the hell you are talking about, honestly?

I believe they call this projection.

Don't worry, you'll learn what that means after you leave high-school(That's the one you're in right now)

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#1414 Sanford

Sanford

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

Right, i'm the one with the comprehension difficulties, even though you're the one who admits to not 'even knowing what the hell i'm talking about'

Don't worry, you'll learn what that means after you leave high-school(That's the one you're in right now)

Ofcourse telling people to go to highschool strenghtens your argument. Kids these days, stop being childish and respond accordingly.
Posted Image

#1415 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

That's hot, tell me more.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1416 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

Are you asking me??

If you are, I would agree with you....you don't have a clue.

Stay in school and keep studying....I pray every day that something will penetrate that special protective helmet of yours.

Oh..looks like I touched a nerve eh? You just can't keep it rational? So this is what happens when someone gets beat in a debate? You couldn't come up with an answer to Defcon's post and now you are insulting me when I say your post didn't make sense?

Posted Image

#1417 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

So, not being able to understand your nonsense analogies is related to poor reading comprehension?

And here you are making assumptions just like all your other posts.

Posted Image

#1418 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,021 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

I'll leave the Council's work to one side then, and just address the main point and thrust of your post then.

Arguments have to based on something...like evidence, or reason and rationalizations.....and if those are shown to be faulty, like many of the suppositional ones being proffered by the religious as 'logical', then you must decide which argument on its face is more logical, as you are one who puts themself forth as being logical and rational and of sound mind.

Again, do the truth claims on face value, pass the smell test for you?

Well as new evidences and arguments come to light I will continue to adjust and re-evaluate my position. I consider myself to be a truth seeker and as such must keep an open mind at this point in time. :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1419 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

Ofcourse telling people to go to highschool strenghtens your argument. Kids these days, stop being childish and respond accordingly.

My argument about what? Staying in school and learning reading comprehension? In that case, it actually does, since that's where reading comprehension is typically learned.

And if you have anything to add to the larger argument, please feel free to, because the white knight schtick of yours will get boring for us both eventually,

#1420 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

Posted Image

:lol:

Might as well have called me a doody-head while you posted that.

#1421 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

POPULAR

Oh..looks like I touched a nerve eh? You just can't keep it rational? So this is what happens when someone gets beat in a debate? You couldn't come up with an answer to Defcon's post and now you are insulting me when I say your post didn't make sense?

The only nerve you've touched and could be capable of touching, is the one that's located next to the funny bone, because I find you hilarious. Did you get insulted? Aw. :(

Maybe next time, don't come at me like a loudmouth ignoramous and you won't be insulted. Till then....

So, not being able to understand your nonsense analogies is related to poor reading comprehension?

And here you are making assumptions just like all your other posts.

Yes, not being able to understand simple analogies would put you into the lack of fundamental reading skills category, specifically the category of reading comprehension.

I don't assume that you don't have basic reading comprehension skills, i have evidence based off your own words where you declare that you don't understand. What more evidence do I need to assert that you don't understand??

#1422 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

Well as new evidences and arguments come to light I will continue to adjust and re-evaluate my position. I consider myself to be a truth seeker and as such must keep an open mind at this point in time. :)

Fair enough my friend. If that's your approach then all power to you.

#1423 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

Posted Image

:picard:

#1424 Biexallent

Biexallent

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

Good grief Sharpshooter, really addicted to this god thread eh?? So out of your 23000+ posts, how many have been in this thread or the other god threads?

Lol!

...and on a side note but seriously, speaking to everyone, including myself, and Sharpshooter, if someone makes a good point, no need to reply with 2 essays and 2 page quotes. Try keeping in compact and to the point, this way we can all read it and know what's up. No one, or at least most of us, will not be willing to read a post that covers 1/4 of this whole page, just that people don't have that type of time....

/ if a point is made and you want to reply, try keeping it reasonably lengthy and to the point so all of us can read it and we can all be on the same page.

...just my 2 cents - not saying this to just sharpshooter, but everyone.

Edited by Biexallent, 24 September 2012 - 07:34 PM.

#1425 Biexallent

Biexallent

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

Exactly.

Just like majority of the atheists you'll meet in life - I like to use the saying atheists are like a rock: say whatever you want to them, but they're too stubborn to listen or taking something else into account and change. Atheists will always be rocks.

#1426 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

Exactly.

Just like majority of the atheists you'll meet in life - I like to use the saying atheists are like a rock: say whatever you want to them, but they're too stubborn to listen or taking something else into account and change. Atheists will always be rocks.

Actually, the vast majority of atheists have basic understandings of science, and as such are able to process new information when it comes along.

As opposed to 'It's not in my archaic book. It's not real."
"Suck it Phaneuf" -Scott Hartnell
The poster formerly known as "CAPSLOCK"
Posted Image

#1427 Biexallent

Biexallent

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

Actually, the vast majority of atheists have basic understandings of science, and as such are able to process new information when it comes along.

As opposed to 'It's not in my archaic book. It's not real."

...when did I ever say they never had understanding of basic sciences? Pulled that out of nowhere; you're on your own on that one : S

#1428 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

...when did I ever say they never had understanding of basic sciences? Pulled that out of nowhere; you're on your own on that one : S

I never said you did. Read the rest of it.
Posted Image

#1429 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

POPULAR

Lol!

...and on a side note but seriously, speaking to everyone, including myself, and Sharpshooter, if someone makes a good point, no need to reply with 2 essays and 2 page quotes. Try keeping in compact and to the point, this way we can all read it and know what's up. No one, or at least most of us, will not be willing to read a post that covers 1/4 of this whole page, just that people don't have that type of time....

/ if a point is made and you want to reply, try keeping it reasonably lengthy and to the point so all of us can read it and we can all be on the same page.

...just my 2 cents - not saying this to just sharpshooter, but everyone.

You're free to read or not read any post you'd like to. Please don't tell me how long or short to make my posts. If you prefer reading one liners, or one sentence posts, then perhaps the threads in Culti-Multural Noise would suit your reading needs better.

Not just saying this to you only, but to all people who don't have the ability to read more than a couple of sentences or paragraphs. Just a little change for your two cents.

#1430 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

Exactly.

"To generalize is to be an idiot" - William Blake

#1431 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,021 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

You're free to read or not read any post you'd like to. Please don't tell me how long or short to make my posts. If you prefer reading one liners, or one sentence posts, then perhaps the threads in Culti-Multural Noise would suit your reading needs better.

Not just saying this to you only, but to all people who don't have the ability to read more than a couple of sentences or paragraphs. Just a little change for your two cents.

I got to "read or not read" and lost interest...you're post was just too long and quite frankly incomprehensible.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1432 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

I got to "read or not read" and lost interest...you're post was just too long and quite frankly incomprehensible.

::D

#1433 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,922 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

Well played sir.
Posted Image

#1434 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,021 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

And that's wright you are post is two long. You read it write the 1st time.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1435 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

His post was comprehenible and easy to follow.

Exactly.

Most atheists are very open minded to intelligent opinions, in most cases christians have no intelligent argument to support their beliefs.The saying:
Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me

Fits the christians perfect except it should have one more line" and only a christian can be fooled their whole life!"

Edited by Vancanwincup, 24 September 2012 - 10:05 PM.

#1436 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:49 PM

Are you kidding me ? LMMFAO seriously ! Priceless ! Just like an argument is equal to empirical evidence ? Wow clearly home schooling did not do it's job.

Edited by vanfan73, 24 September 2012 - 10:50 PM.

1987.jpg

On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami :ph34r:

#1437 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:37 AM

Are you kidding me ? LMMFAO seriously ! Priceless ! Just like an argument is equal to empirical evidence ? Wow clearly home schooling did not do it's job.

Another poster making another assumption.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1438 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:39 AM

^^^^^ I was being a dickhead actually . Or did you miss that one too ? Nice gif btw i lol'ed.

Edited by vanfan73, 25 September 2012 - 12:40 AM.

1987.jpg

On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami :ph34r:

#1439 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,505 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:53 AM

Exactly.

I still use this saying today. Anybody who makes a blanket statement about groups of people are like a mirror. Generally they're the exact same as the image in front of them they're trying to belittle. People will always be people. Some of them believe in the matrix and some of them see the matrix; but neither of those two are exclusive to any group/religion/race/belief/muffins.

Making absolute statements about a group and then having the gall to call them stubborn and then make an absolute statement that they will never change. Congrats...that's quite the feat.

You're all dumb... everyone arguing in these types of threads...including me....right now....but I couldn't resist the sweet fruit that was your silly post. Why do I get the feeling that just like Scooby Doo if we pulled your mask off you'd be the old guy running the amusement park. (read: some other poster hiding behind a new account...perhaps that's not news though and I'm just not in the know)

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth, 25 September 2012 - 12:55 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1440 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:04 AM

I still use this saying today. Anybody who makes a blanket statement about groups of people are like a mirror. Generally they're the exact same as the image in front of them they're trying to belittle. People will always be people. Some of them believe in the matrix and some of them see the matrix; but neither of those two are exclusive to any group/religion/race/belief/muffins.

Making absolute statements about a group and then having the gall to call them stubborn and then make an absolute statement that they will never change. Congrats...that's quite the feat.

You're all dumb... everyone arguing in these types of threads...including me....right now....but I couldn't resist the sweet fruit that was your silly post. Why do I get the feeling that just like Scooby Doo if we pulled your mask off you'd be the old guy running the amusement park. (read: some other poster hiding behind a new account...perhaps that's not news though and I'm just not in the know)

The hypocrisy. It's palpable.

You condemn people for making blanket statements.

Then you make a blanket statement.

We don't definitively know the answer to these questions, that makes it pointless to discuss?

No. It's not. Discussions are good. This particular one has been largely civil. If you don't like it, don't participate.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.