18 replies to this topic

#1 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

Blake Comeau is a goal scorer with size ad power.Thy only problem is he's on Calgary :(.but if we can find the right deal for him he could play with the sedins.I know his season last year wasn't good but he can go to the net and play a sniping role with the sedins.He could hit 30+ goals easily with them and help our goal scoring and be a nice physical fit.Put proposals to show what you think his value is.If we acquire him we can unite the burrows-kesler combo.Post thoughts below.

Edited by theres_a_can_in_canucks, 19 August 2012 - 05:36 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

#2 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,281 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

NYI is so stupid, Calgary was gunna make a trade to get him but instead NYI put him on waivers and Calgary got him for free.

I would like to have him but we already have Higgins and Hansen in the spot he would play so there isn't any room for him.

zackass.png

#3 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

NYI is so stupid, Calgary was gunna make a trade to get him but instead NYI put him on waivers and Calgary got him for free.

I would like to have him but we already have Higgins and Hansen in the spot he would play so there isn't any room for him.

My thoughts exactly, hilarious.

That being said, as far as I've seen, Comeau's not defensively responsible and has a tendency to be extremely inconsistent.

Posted ImagePosted Image

RIP LB RR PD

#4 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,822 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

He's similar to Hansen. But a sloppy start one season on the Island resulted in him being demoted (waivers) and now he's in Calgary.
Posted Image

#5 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

Maybe MayRay and a 4th?
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#6 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

couldn't we try to work on him to make him work harder defensively and Higgins is LW and Hansen will play RW with Lappy and Higgins
Posted Image

TACIC

#7 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

Maybe MayRay and a 4th?

sounds good.We could throw in more if we want someone else from them
Posted Image

TACIC

#8 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

I don't see where he fits really. We already have players who play like him and he isn't the solution for our top 6. We have Hansen as the 3rd line RW and Kassian is in the mix as well.

#9 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

I would not give up any of our roster players, or any of our top 10 prospects to get him.
Maybe a 3rd, but that wouldn't be enough for Calgary to take.
Posted Image

#10 Schnieds

Schnieds

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:58 PM

I don't get why that makes NYI stupid. Maybe they didn't like what the Flames were offering? Maybe the Flames were offering up Matt Stajan and his 3.5 mil contract? Maybe the NYI just wanted to dump an expensive contract?

#11 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,281 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

I don't get why that makes NYI stupid. Maybe they didn't like what the Flames were offering? Maybe the Flames were offering up Matt Stajan and his 3.5 mil contract? Maybe the NYI just wanted to dump an expensive contract?

Ok even if they were offering Stajan I would have done it, they are a team with a ton of cap space that wont make the playoffs, he would give them depth at center, so it would be a struggling player for struggling player, it's just a low risk probably low reward deal that you roll the dice on and atleast you get something in return.

They could have atleast got a 3rd rounder and maybe another pick aswell if they wanted to just get rid of him.

zackass.png

#12 Schnieds

Schnieds

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

Ok even if they were offering Stajan I would have done it, they are a team with a ton of cap space that wont make the playoffs, he would give them depth at center, so it would be a struggling player for struggling player, it's just a low risk probably low reward deal that you roll the dice on and atleast you get something in return.

They could have atleast got a 3rd rounder and maybe another pick aswell if they wanted to just get rid of him.

You said it yourself. They are a team with a ton of cap space that won't make the playoffs. So why spend the 3.5 mil? You're making it sound like 3.5 mil isn't a lot of money. For a small market team like NYI and I'm guessing a team that loses a ton of money every year, you save money when you can. Besides, Matt Stajan blows. Been in Calgary 3 years and has never hit double digit in goals in any of those 3 seasons. I agree with you if Calgary gave them a draft pick and the NYI didn't want it. That will make them stupid.

#13 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

You said it yourself. They are a team with a ton of cap space that won't make the playoffs. So why spend the 3.5 mil? You're making it sound like 3.5 mil isn't a lot of money. For a small market team like NYI and I'm guessing a team that loses a ton of money every year, you save money when you can. Besides, Matt Stajan blows. Been in Calgary 3 years and has never hit double digit in goals in any of those 3 seasons. I agree with you if Calgary gave them a draft pick and the NYI didn't want it. That will make them stupid.

Man did Calgary get destroyed in the Phaneuf trade.
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#14 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,281 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

Well they could have gotten that if Calgary wanted him (the picks).

And they would probably take on Stajan, if they can't afford his 3.5 Million salary the owner should just sell the team.

zackass.png

#15 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:38 AM

he is a goal scorer that can help out on offense and could send him Raymond+ for him cause Raymond has no room in lineup if comeau comes here
Posted Image

TACIC

#16 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:37 AM

Raymond for Comeau may be a good trade of two players who need a change in scenary, and Mason is from Alberta so he may take well to playing in Calgary.

But I'm not a fan of trading Raymond right now, the kid has skill and Coach V just needs to find a way to bring it out on a consistent basis. I say keep Raymond on the third line and 1st unit PK and we'll all be happy. Maybe that Raymond has his buddy on the team he'll be a bit happier and play better.

#17 gwarrior

gwarrior

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:06 AM

if we can find a place for him, id offer calgary a 3rd rounder.

#18 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

if we can find a place for him, id offer calgary a 3rd rounder.

ok he can play first 2nd or third line
Posted Image

TACIC

#19 RonMexico

RonMexico

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:51 PM

Instead of taking in all these project, re-tread, has-beens players, how about we just let training camp decide what spots are open that no one stepped up to take? I would first look within and if that fails, look elsewhere. I see some opportunities for some younger players to stake a claim to a spot that might have not been there before. Just trolling for other teams rejects doesn't send the right message to the youth of this team.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Value Of

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.