Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

US Senate Nominee: Rape Victims Automatically Shut Down Pregnancy. No need for Abortions.

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 sakage.shinga

sakage.shinga

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:39 PM

Maybe he thinks this way because it's the only reason he can think of that would make him so stupid - that his mom's body tried to shut him down and failed...
Posted Image

#32 sakage.shinga

sakage.shinga

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

http://video.msnbc.m...w-show/48732520

Fail to the tenth degree. I don't want to live on this planet anymore...
Posted Image

#33 biznasty

biznasty

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:34 PM

The Onion went to town on this goon. Haha

Posted Image

#34 Humble Rodent

Humble Rodent

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:13 AM

ST. LOUIS (The Borowitz Report)—Missouri Senate candidate Todd Akin doubled down on his controversial remarks about the female body today, proposing a prominent national-security role for the uterus.
“From what I understand, there’s nothing that the uterus doesn’t know,” Rep. Akin told a reporter on KTVI-TV. “It’s almost like Spider-Man’s ‘spidey sense,’ if you will, except the tingling goes on down in the lady parts.”

Rep. Akin said that given the uterus’ extraordinary powers of detection, the female reproductive system should be America’s secret weapon in the war on terror.
“If we posted a uterus at every airport and a bunch of them along the border, I would just love to see an evildoer get past defenses like that,” he said. “Not gonna happen, folks. Nothing fools a uterus.”
Rep. Akin closed his interview with what he called “the highest praise and respect” for the female reproductive system.
“Not a day goes by that I don’t wish I was as smart as a uterus,” he said.

Read more http://www.newyorker...l#ixzz24A8WbReT

Posted Image

#35 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:41 AM

wat. I don't even?
Posted Image

#36 Hobbes!!!

Hobbes!!!

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,989 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:05 AM

Okay that made me ROFL so hard.

#37 Ovech Trick

Ovech Trick

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

Okay that made me ROFL so hard.

The person above you? Same here.
Posted Image

Capitalist Hockey League - Minnesota Wild GM

#38 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,682 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:38 AM

Just when I thought these nutjobs couldn't get any nuttier...wow.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”-Sinclair Lewis

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."-Albert Einstein

#39 Canuckerbird

Canuckerbird

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

Piers Morgan just called Akin a "gutless little twerp" for no-showing his scheduled interview on CNN.

http://edition.cnn.c....html?hpt=hp_c2
My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana. I said "No. But I do want a normal banana later, so...ya."- The Late Mitch Hedberg

Go Canucks GO

#40 Hobbes!!!

Hobbes!!!

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,989 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:54 AM

The person above you? Same here.

No. Above him. Specifically- wishing each day that he was as smart as a uterus.

#41 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,682 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:13 AM

BTW, thanks for getting me to watch Maddow. She's great. Like the anti-Fox.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”-Sinclair Lewis

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."-Albert Einstein

#42 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

BTW, thanks for getting me to watch Maddow. She's great. Like the anti-Fox.

Yep .. Rachel is mandatory viewing in my world .. she is funny and truthful .. and the truth pi$$es off the Re-thugs more than anything but the thought of women having reproductive choices ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#43 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,682 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

Yep .. Rachel is mandatory viewing in my world .. she is funny and truthful .. and the truth pi$$es off the Re-thugs more than anything but the thought of women having reproductive choices ..

She really slices and dices. It's refreshing to see the Liberal media fight fire with fire....only, what she is saying actually makes sense.

#44 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

Same here. Required daily viewing when I get home and then Stewart at night. :)

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#45 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

The GOP has cast off Rep Akin because of his remarks, which he apologises for and claims he misspoke.

The fact is GOP Vice President candidate Mr. Ryan is against abortion even in the case of incest and rape.

The Republicans are forming a policy which is expected to be approved which clearly leaves out acceptance of abortion even in case of rape and or incest.

I think the media needs to focus more on the entire GOP's abortion policy.

http://www.guardian....ban-endorsement

The Republican party, which has supported a constitutional ban on abortion since 1984, has once again officially endorsed such a ban without exceptions for rape, incest or a threat to the mother's life, according to reports.........

#46 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,659 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

How people support Republicans is beyond me.

#47 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

ST. LOUIS (The Borowitz Report)—Missouri Senate candidate Todd Akin doubled down on his controversial remarks about the female body today, proposing a prominent national-security role for the uterus.
“From what I understand, there’s nothing that the uterus doesn’t know,” Rep. Akin told a reporter on KTVI-TV. “It’s almost like Spider-Man’s ‘spidey sense,’ if you will, except the tingling goes on down in the lady parts.”

Rep. Akin said that given the uterus’ extraordinary powers of detection, the female reproductive system should be America’s secret weapon in the war on terror.
“If we posted a uterus at every airport and a bunch of them along the border, I would just love to see an evildoer get past defenses like that,” he said. “Not gonna happen, folks. Nothing fools a uterus.”
Rep. Akin closed his interview with what he called “the highest praise and respect” for the female reproductive system.
“Not a day goes by that I don’t wish I was as smart as a uterus,” he said

i was laughing my ass of at this until i discovered that over 32,000 women get preganant from being raped every year in the US , source , RAINN ,Rape , abuse and Incest National Network .

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#48 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

Rape victim receives 101 lashes for becoming pregnant

A 16-year-old girl who was raped in Bangladesh has been given 101 lashes for conceiving during the assault.

By Dean Nelson, South Asia Editor
4:30PM GMT 25 Jan 2010

The girl's father was also fined and warned the family would be branded outcasts from their village if he did not pay.

According to human rights activists, the girl, who was quickly married after the attack, was divorced weeks later after medical tests revealed she was pregnant.

The girl was raped by a 20-year-old villager in Brahmanbaria district in April last year.

Bangladesh's Daily Star newspaper reported that she was so ashamed following the attack that she did not lodge a complaint.

Her rape emerged after her pregnancy test and Muslim elders in the village issued a fatwa insisting that the girl be kept in isolation until her family agreed to corporal punishment.

Her rapist was pardoned by the elders. She told the newspaper the rapist had "spoiled" her life.
"I want justice," she said

just when you think human being's cannot get much worse , you read something like this !

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#49 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,823 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

LMAO. check out these ultrasound probes

http://video.msnbc.m...w-show/48746364
Posted Image

#50 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,503 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

Rape victim receives 101 lashes for becoming pregnant

A 16-year-old girl who was raped in Bangladesh has been given 101 lashes for conceiving during the assault.

By Dean Nelson, South Asia Editor
4:30PM GMT 25 Jan 2010

The girl's father was also fined and warned the family would be branded outcasts from their village if he did not pay.

According to human rights activists, the girl, who was quickly married after the attack, was divorced weeks later after medical tests revealed she was pregnant.

The girl was raped by a 20-year-old villager in Brahmanbaria district in April last year.

Bangladesh's Daily Star newspaper reported that she was so ashamed following the attack that she did not lodge a complaint.

Her rape emerged after her pregnancy test and Muslim elders in the village issued a fatwa insisting that the girl be kept in isolation until her family agreed to corporal punishment.

Her rapist was pardoned by the elders. She told the newspaper the rapist had "spoiled" her life.
"I want justice," she said

just when you think human being's cannot get much worse , you read something like this !

And yet these idiots want to mix politics and religion. Sure works well for the muslims eh? :picard:

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#51 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:08 PM

LMAO. check out these ultrasound probes

http://video.msnbc.m...w-show/48746364

I laughed my ar$e off when she showed that ... :lol:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#52 wtpasc

wtpasc

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:33 AM

One of the few times I've ever done this.

:picard:

:picard:

agreed, this is my first picard facepalm but it definately deserves it.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#53 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,648 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:54 PM

Saw this image on FB today:

Posted Image

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#54 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

I can almost imagine all the negatives this post would have gotten. B)

Edited by Sharpshooter, 22 August 2012 - 03:30 PM.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#55 JeremyW

JeremyW

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

Its Fox news, what do you expect? They air Bill O'reilly :S

#56 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R57E3S8RO7A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R57E3S8RO7A

he will never be as smart as a uterus .

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#57 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

I'm..... at a loss for words.

The stupidity is on a whole other level.

RIP LB RR PD

#58 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:14 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#59 jannik freaking hansen

jannik freaking hansen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

http://ca.news.yahoo...-142247652.html

BOSTON (Reuters) - A Republican candidate in New Hampshire backed down on Thursday from a suggestion he would use "deadly force" to stop doctors from performing abortions, saying he "let his imagination get out of control."

"Deadly force is always a last resort," Szabo said in interview with the television station WMUR on Wednesday. "Why would anyone object to the use of deadly force to prevent the murder of an unborn human?"

And the crazies just keep coming out of the woodwork. Is it a requirement for Republican candidates to be mentally unstable?

#60 inane

inane

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,929 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

Looks like this is back.

GOP Rep: Todd Akin ‘Partly Right’ On Legitimate Rape

“Legitimate rape” is back. Just a couple months after former Rep. Todd Akin’s (R-MO) famous use of the phrase helped contribute to a double-digit loss in the 2012 Missouri Senate race, a Republican congressman and medical doctor said at a breakfast Thursday that Akin was “partly right” when he said it.

Rep. Phil Gingrey, an ob-gyn and chairman of the GOP Doctors Caucus, explained to the audience at the Cobb Chamber of Commerce breakfast Thursday in Smyrna, Ga., that Akin wasn’t far off on the science when he said rape victims rarely get pregnant because their bodies have “ways of shutting that whole thing down.”

“I’ve delivered lots of babies, and I know about these things. It is true,” Gingrey said, according to the Marietta Daily Journal. “We tell infertile couples all the time that are having trouble conceiving because of the woman not ovulating, ‘Just relax. Drink a glass of wine. And don’t be so tense and uptight because all that adrenaline can cause you not to ovulate.’ So he was partially right wasn’t he?”

“But the fact that a woman may have already ovulated 12 hours before she is raped, you’re not going to prevent a pregnancy there by a woman’s body shutting anything down because the horse has already left the barn, so to speak,” Gingrey continued. “And yet the media took that and tore it apart.”

Gingrey also defended Akin’s theory that women who claim to be rape victims are often lying about it.

“‘Look, in a legitimate rape situation’ — and what he meant by legitimate rape was just look, someone can say I was raped: a scared-to-death 15-year-old that becomes impregnated by her boyfriend and then has to tell her parents, that’s pretty tough and might on some occasion say, ‘Hey, I was raped.’ That’s what he meant when he said legitimate rape versus non-legitimate rape,” Gingrey said. “I don’t find anything so horrible about that.”

Gingrey also addressed the campaign season comments by GOP senate nominee Richard Mourdock in Indiana, who said that pregancy from rape “is something that God intended.”
“Mourdock basically said ‘Look, if there is conception in the aftermath of a rape, that’s still a child, and it’s a child of God, essentially,” Gingrey is quoted as saying Thursday.
Gingrey noted that the comments by Akin and Mourdock were “part of the reason the Dems still control the Senate” after the 2012 elections. He defended Mourdock as well.
Asked to expand on the comments by TPM Friday, Gingrey’s office pointed to a statement sent to to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. In it, Gingrey claims the quotes are being unfairly used by his political enemies.

“At a breakfast yesterday morning, I was asked why Democrats made abortion a central theme of the presidential campaign. I do not defend, nor do I stand by, the remarks made by Rep. Akin and Mr. Mourdock,” Gingrey said, referring to the Indiana Senate candidate who lost after saying pregnancies from rape are “something that God intended.”
“In my attempt to provide context as to what I presumed they meant, my position was misconstrued,” Gingrey said.

http://tpmdc.talking...?ref=fpnewsfeed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.