The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Retire Luongo's Number?

Jägermeister

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He falls into this arguement:

Is it the Hall of Fame or the Hall of Really Good?

This franchise should not be in a rush to honour players for the sake of having a few more names in the rafters. The Lions only have 8 guys with honoured numbers and only two of them played in the last 25 years....and the next one will be Simon....but after that, no one close on the horizon. The next players that the Canucks should honour to whatever degree are the Sedins and that's it. Everyone else, forget it.

He falls into this arguement:

Is it the Hall of Fame or the Hall of Really Good?

This franchise should not be in a rush to honour players for the sake of having a few more names in the rafters. The Lions only have 8 guys with honoured numbers and only two of them played in the last 25 years....and the next one will be Simon....but after that, no one close on the horizon. The next players that the Canucks should honour to whatever degree are the Sedins and that's it. Everyone else, forget it.

I don't know how anyone can say he doesn't deserve the ROH. He'll definitely get that.

He'd only get his number retired if he stays here and plays great for a few more years.

And if he does play great for a few more years (regardless of which team) he might make the HHOF too.

Honestly, i don't think so. He's been a great goalie with us and, without a doubt, made our team cup contenders for 5 years but he's only been with us for 6 years. To even be discussed about having his # retired, I think he'd need to be with the team for 10+ years. He's brought out the best of our team, but he's brought out the worst too.

Kirk McLean did so much better for t]he organization.

Archived