Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Just take a minute...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#1 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,896 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

Hey Guys!

Today i took a few minutes to think about how lucky we are to have as great a team and management.

We are lucky enough to have a Vezina nominee and jennings winners' in goal. To have not one but two art ross winners plus a selke winner.

We have a 50 point d-man AND a 16 goal d-man. We also have a great shut down d-man and the AHL's hardest slapshot in our organization.

We have a 25+ goal scorer signed for 2M.

Now compare that to the Leafs, Jackets and Isles. Makes you feel grateful doesn't it?

If there is a lockout there will be so much I will miss like Sedeniry, Ballards Hipchecks, Lou or Schneids making a highlight reel stop, Volpatti destroying someone in a fight.

Also just little things like Garret commenting on safeway products, Blake Price on the postgame show and Burrows scoring with his typical SO move.

We are also lucky to have Gillis instead of Burke or Howson.

So just take a minute to think about how lucky we all are to have a team as great as the Canucks.

CH9

:towel:

Edited by Cody Hodgson 9, 20 August 2012 - 08:32 PM.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#2 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

Thanks for that,

Those points you made really show how lucky we are as fans. Can't wait for this season!!!!! (If we have one)
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#3 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

I just want a team that can get it done in the playoffs. Regular season stats mean nothing, as long as the team gets into the playoffs healthy and hungry. The team has potential, far more than the Leafs, Jackets and Isles, but I won't say we're lucky until we're deep into another playoff drive.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#4 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,896 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:09 PM

I just want a team that can get it done in the playoffs. Regular season stats mean nothing, as long as the team gets into the playoffs healthy and hungry. The team has potential, far more than the Leafs, Jackets and Isles, but I won't
say we're lucky until we're deep into another playoff drive.

You dont think we are lucky to have the Canucks?

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

#5 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

All true... our tidly squat worries debated and discussed everyday on CDC are pretty tiny compared to those of the Leafs and Jackets.
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#6 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

Now compare that to the Leafs, Jackets and Isles. Makes you feel grateful doesn't it?

I'll give u the Jackets, but as bad as the Leafs and Isles are now they have multiple cups in their history. We still have nothing

#7 icycold

icycold

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

When MG came here, we had a good team but nowhere near the talent and toughness to get us to the cup but he's done a good job improving us since then. Is he perfect? uh uh, far from it but he has learned some lessons as any rookie GM would have had to do but at least now we have a lot more depth and better additions to the starting roster which will hopefully improve if we get the trade for Lou or dump the salary and get some dollars to sign a player or 2 to help the cause.

We have a good team and hopefully a great one if things work out! GO NUX!
HABS SUCK!!!

#8 Grape

Grape

Fruit

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

Hey Guys!

Today i took a few minutes to think about how lucky we are to have as great a team and management.

We are lucky enough to have a Vezina nominee and jennings winners' in goal. To have not one but two art ross winners plus a selke winner.

We have a 50 point d-man AND a 16 goal d-man. We also have a great shut down d-man and the AHL's hardest slapshot in our organization.

If there is a lockout there will be so much I will miss like Sedeniry, Ballards Hipchecks, Lou or Schneids making a highlight reel stop, Volpatti destroying someone in a fight.

Also just little things like Garret commenting on safeway products, Blake Price on the postgame show and Burrows scoring with his typical SO move.

So just take a minute to think about how lucky we all are to have a team as great as the Canucks.

CH9

Mancari's gone ya know?

mj761l.jpg0007.gif0007.gif0007.gif0007.gif  
Signature Credit to Vintage Canuck!

CDC PUCK-Washington Capitals

#9 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,896 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

Mancari's gone ya know?

Connauton

#10 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

I'll give u the Jackets, but as bad as the Leafs and Isles are now they have multiple cups in their history. We still have nothing

How about in the last 25 years? Those two teams haven't made the playoffs since before the lockout. The Islanders have not won a series since 93, and Toronto hasn't since 04.
Now tell me which you would rather.

#11 Grape

Grape

Fruit

• Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

Connauton

Oh, he won last year? Sorry, didn't know about that.

mj761l.jpg0007.gif0007.gif0007.gif0007.gif  
Signature Credit to Vintage Canuck!

CDC PUCK-Washington Capitals

#12 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

Awesome stuff!! So true.

If I don't see Sedinery in October, they'll hold a special place in karma land for Bettman and his cronies.

#13 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,250 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

Finally nice to see some positivity around here. Keep it coming :towel:

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#14 mysticriver

mysticriver

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

Hopefully, if there is a lockout, we get our team back by December (including a healthy Kesler :)).

Posted Image

Sig/Avatar by ExpectoPatronum

#15 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

Excellent post. Very true.

If Bettman (the troll that he is) doesn't get his way and hockey is on this fall, I think we will see the best Canucks line-up yet.

I am excited
Posted Image

#16 lmm

lmm

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:58 PM

I can't even read pulp like that,
Rah rah sis boom bah
gag
hack
Oh fo 'shizzle I got yer rahrah aught in my throat
we are tha fans of perenial losers, sis boom bah

#17 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,896 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:01 PM

Rah rah sis boom bah
gag
hack

Love the positivity :)

#18 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

So true!

Thanks for that!!!!!! Sob, Sob, :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :canucks:

Thx
Pcuzz :canucks: B)
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#19 beer&meat

beer&meat

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

Rah rah sis boom bah
gag
hack

Posted Image
I don't ride with the band, I roll with the team.

I've been a Canuck fan since 2004-05 when the team was going through a huge transition phase, missed the playoffs

#20 .Naslund

.Naslund

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

Do we have a Stanley Cup?
Posted Image

#21 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,896 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

Note to all posters:

This is a positive thread. Please do not be negative.

CH9

#22 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:07 PM

Hey Guys!

CH9

imagine not making the playoffs!!!
AUmxe4h.gif
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

Go Canucks Go!

#23 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:09 PM

How about in the last 25 years? Those two teams haven't made the playoffs since before the lockout. The Islanders have not won a series since 93, and Toronto hasn't since 04.
Now tell me which you would rather.

Right now yes i'd rather have us. In the coming years the Islanders and Leafs will eventually get better just like Pittsburgh and Chicago did through the draft, we will only get worse as all our star players get older. Our window is closing

#24 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:10 PM

imagine not making the playoffs!!!

We'll be back to that eventually, every team goes through crappy years and then rebuilds. Unless you're Detroit

#25 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,896 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:41 AM

We'll be back to that eventually, every team goes through crappy years and then rebuilds. Unless you're Detroit

And even detroit might need to start soon

#26 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:58 AM

I don't expect to have crappy years in the future. It doesn't have to be the case surely. A huge market like Vancouver should never expect to be mid or lower table.

If we do things the right way I am confident that we can replace our stars when the time comes. The standards are also rising in Europe and there is a huge pool of players to be accessed over here.

With the money available at this Club we can also afford to try out more undrafted players, I'm sure there are quite a few gems out there who for one reason or another may have missed their way.

When Daniel and Henrik retire I would give them a job of being European Scouts for us...........Same goes for Sami.
Kevin.jpg

#27 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:12 AM

You're more of a fan is all you want is to see them be Champions.

Just like Kesler would hate you for saying what you said right now.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#28 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,278 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:05 AM

I just want a team that can get it done in the playoffs. Regular season stats mean nothing, as long as the team gets into the playoffs healthy and hungry. The team has potential, far more than the Leafs, Jackets and Isles, but I won't say we're lucky until we're deep into another playoff drive.

I wouldn't say the regular season means nothing. I enjoy watching the Canucks win their games throughout the season very much.

It does of course suck that they don't finish the job in the playoffs, but the President's Trophy wins are meaningful to me.
I wouldn't have enjoyed the year so much and had such good times watching those games if it wasn't for them being successful in them.

travis_zpstbv4vzmh.png

Victory Hockey League - http://www.vhlforum.com/

#29 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

Note to all posters:
This is a positive thread. Please do not be negative.
CH9

42 years say hello!
Hahahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahahhahhahhahhahhahhahahhahhahahhahhahhahahhahhahhahahhahha...

#30 gabar

gabar

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

It would feel really good if we can add a stanely cup to that.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.