The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Just take a minute...

Peaches

Thank you so much for a positive thread about our beloved team.

And to the playoff NAY-sayers I say this:

1/ Regular season and Playoff success are 2 COMPLETELY different testaments to a teams abilities. In the regular season you are showing how good you are over the LONG haul...82 games...and you must play and beat out EVERY other team (all 29 of them) to win the PC. The playoffs on the other hand are about matchups only. You either have a team that matches up well against your opponent or you don't. It says nothing about your abilities to beat the other 14 teams in the playoffs, only the ONE team you are currently playing. 15 other teams make the playoffs, and you must display your mastery over 4 of them to win the SC.

2/ Since we joined the NHL in 1970, the league has averaged over that timespan aproximately 26 teams per year. This means any given team would have averaged a SCF appearance once every 13 years. So in our 42 years of existence, we would have been there about 3 times. And of course as we all know...we have (1982, 1994, 2011). And how close did we come in '94 and '11...both game sevens. There are currently 7 teams that have never even made a SCF appearance (WSH, WPG, CBJ, NSH, MIN-as Wild franchise, PHO, SJS). And as for those odds of appearing how does our expansion brethren team (BUF) fare? Well, they've only been once.

So yah, I love this team...and I defend this team!!!

Hey Guys!

Today i took a few minutes to think about how lucky we are to have as great a team and management.

We are lucky enough to have a Vezina nominee and jennings winners' in goal. To have not one but two art ross winners plus a selke winner.

We have a 50 point d-man AND a 16 goal d-man. We also have a great shut down d-man and the AHL's hardest slapshot in our organization.

We have a 25+ goal scorer signed for 2M.

Now compare that to the Leafs, Jackets and Isles. Makes you feel grateful doesn't it?

If there is a lockout there will be so much I will miss like Sedeniry, Ballards Hipchecks, Lou or Schneids making a highlight reel stop, Volpatti destroying someone in a fight.

Also just little things like Garret commenting on safeway products, Blake Price on the postgame show and Burrows scoring with his typical SO move.

We are also lucky to have Gillis instead of Burke or Howson.

So just take a minute to think about how lucky we all are to have a team as great as the Canucks.

CH9

:towel:

Archived