Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Van-Stl

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 NHLNEWS

NHLNEWS

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

To Vancouver:
Vladimir Tarasenko, Berglund.

To St.Louis
Alex Edler, Jannik Hansen

This is my first proposal, give me some suggestions and I will edit it.

Vancouver gets a perfect third line centre along with a top prospect.

St.Louis stacks up their defense even more and gets a great third or second liner.

To Vancouver: Cody Franson, Joe Colborne

To Toronto: Roberto Luongo, 3rd round pick

Vancouver helps there defense after losing Edler, gets a decent prospect.

Toronto gets an amazing goaltender and a pick.

Edited by NHLNEWS, 21 August 2012 - 09:46 AM.

#2 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:40 AM

It's probably close to fair.

The thing I don't like about this is what it does to our defense. We lost a 50 pt dman last year, and now we'd be losing another. Unless we get a solid puck moving defenseman in the Luongo trade (or by other means) I wouldn't even think about moving Edler.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#3 Sanj

Sanj

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:46 AM

It's probably close to fair.

The thing I don't like about this is what it does to our defense. We lost a 50 pt dman last year, and now we'd be losing another. Unless we get a solid puck moving defenseman in the Luongo trade (or by other means) I wouldn't even think about moving Edler.

I 100% agree with you. But yes if we had someone already in place for Edler's departure I would think its a fair trade.

#4 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,719 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:05 AM

1st Trade: maybe

2nd Trade: pretty good

Edited by Cody Hodgson 9, 21 August 2012 - 10:06 AM.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#5 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,938 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:08 AM

Would be better not to give up Hansen. Replace Hansen with Raymond and a second and I would be for it. Or even just get rid of Hansen and Berglund out of the deal altogether.

I can't for the life of me understand why people want to trade Hansen. Anything you get back in return for him won't bring to the table what Hansen brings. He is the kind of versatile 3rd liner that are required for a championship team. Every team would love to pry Hansen from the Canucks for peanuts, not saying the return you speak of is peanuts but in reality, I don't see St. Louis even doing this trade and to me this would be the minimum I would accept to lose a piece like Hansen.

If building a Stanley Cup winning team is like a jigsaw puzzle and a matter of putting all the pieces in place, to me the piece that is Hansen is already what it needs to be and would be impossible to replace through trade and with a similar cap hit.

Maybe I am overvaluing Hansen but I have never seen a Canuck in all my years watching them bring it the way he does game in and game out every shift. He has earned everything he has and if all Canucks had his work ethic, tenacity and desire we wouldn't be talking about if the Canucks could win a cup soon but rather how many more can they win in this dynasty.
Posted Image

#6 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:14 AM

I think these trades would hinder our chances for next season.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#7 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

If we were going to trade Edler and Hansen, I'd want a 1st rd pick included too.
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#8 gwarrior

gwarrior

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

i cant see the blues giving up one of their top prospects, even if they get edler and hansen. as for the toronto deal, its not bad at all. seeing as how were probably gonna get hosed in any luongo trade, we could do alot worse.

#9 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

The STL deal is fair value but it doesn't really help our cause for next year.... remember our window is starting to close.

The second trade I'd do but make the pick a lower round
Posted Image

#10 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

Would be better not to give up Hansen. Replace Hansen with Raymond and a second and I would be for it. Or even just get rid of Hansen and Berglund out of the deal altogether.

I can't for the life of me understand why people want to trade Hansen. Anything you get back in return for him won't bring to the table what Hansen brings. He is the kind of versatile 3rd liner that are required for a championship team. Every team would love to pry Hansen from the Canucks for peanuts, not saying the return you speak of is peanuts but in reality, I don't see St. Louis even doing this trade and to me this would be the minimum I would accept to lose a piece like Hansen.

If building a Stanley Cup winning team is like a jigsaw puzzle and a matter of putting all the pieces in place, to me the piece that is Hansen is already what it needs to be and would be impossible to replace through trade and with a similar cap hit.

Maybe I am overvaluing Hansen but I have never seen a Canuck in all my years watching them bring it the way he does game in and game out every shift. He has earned everything he has and if all Canucks had his work ethic, tenacity and desire we wouldn't be talking about if the Canucks could win a cup soon but rather how many more can they win in this dynasty.

But didn't you read ESPN's assessment of Hansen?!?!!? APPARENTLY he's gonna regress big time next year!!

Posted Image

#11 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,272 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

St. Louis doesn't do it.
A lot of fans are already pegging him as their next Brett Hull.

Toronto trade is decent, though I'm not sold on Colbrone being any more than a Paul Gaustad like player.

Jagermeister.jpg

#12 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,938 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

But didn't you read ESPN's assessment of Hansen?!?!!? APPARENTLY he's gonna regress big time next year!!

Apparently ESPN is run by a bunch of Gun Toting redneck NASCAR lovers and the only way Hansen regresses next season is if there is a lockout or he sustains a serious injury.
Posted Image

#13 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Probably Not A Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

FINALLY

A DECENT TRADE ON CDC!!!

Highway robbery.
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#14 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,537 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

I like the value in the St.Louis one but I dont wanna give up Edler or Hansen, cause there goes our cup chances.

I would do the Toronto one though.

zackass.png

#15 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

i cant see the blues giving up one of their top prospects, even if they get edler and hansen. as for the toronto deal, its not bad at all. seeing as how were probably gonna get hosed in any luongo trade, we could do alot worse.

The only way we get hosed in the Luongo trade is if we only get half a bag of pucks in return.

#16 Beluga Whale

Beluga Whale

Trust me I'm a whale

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

St. Louis doesn't do that trade, second trade is decent.

bluuuuga.png

#17 Schnieds

Schnieds

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

The only way we get hosed in the Luongo trade is if we only get half a bag of pucks in return.

Ahaha! That actually made me LOL! And I can't agree with you more.

#18 Jason Garrison

Jason Garrison

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:00 PM

I dont like the St. Louis trade. Second trade is good.

JG
Posted Image
Credit to Henrik Sedin

My PS3 NHL 13 Be A GM Online League. LINK: http://forum.canucks...two-spots-left/

#19 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:14 AM

Edler has 1 bad playoff and he is in trade proposals, go ahead and trade him to St Louis and face them in a potential playoff round. St Louis would take that deal any day and laugh and laugh and laugh some more.

#20 Mayray2112

Mayray2112

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:22 AM

Edler has 1 bad playoff and he is in trade proposals, go ahead and trade him to St Louis and face them in a potential playoff round. St Louis would take that deal any day and laugh and laugh and laugh some more.

Or because he has 1 year left on his contract and is pricing himself out of being a canuck?

#21 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

Or because he has 1 year left on his contract and is pricing himself out of being a canuck?

You know this for sure right? The Canucks will do eveything they can to keep Edler and if talks with him go sideways he will get more than this proposal in a trade.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.