The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Sun and Province to charge for access to online content

Common sense

I'll buck up for this. The Vancouver Sun is a great read.

The newspaper (in whichever format) is still the greatest place to get news (papers like the Province not withstanding :sick: ).

If you're afraid of big words and long articles, and not knowing something the second it happens, continue to get your news via msn, twitter, facebook etc.

• 3 months later...

I'll buck up for this. The Vancouver Sun is a great read.

The newspaper (in whichever format) is still the greatest place to get news (papers like the Province not withstanding :sick: ).

If you're afraid of big words and long articles, and not knowing something the second it happens, continue to get your news via msn, twitter, facebook etc.

Copying and pasting exists. Other papers have done this, just to see their content show up somewhere else.

You can legally steel a whole story for free, if you just give them credit. The Huffington Post does it, FFS, people on here do it ALL the time. If people can steal media like music and movies, they can sure as hell can steal basic text.

This is so idiotic. Of course it is a 60+ year old making this decision, who knows nothing about modern day marketing.

With enough traffic to their app or site, the ads the place in it should be MORE than enough to compensate both papers properly.

This is just a money grab.

Hmmmm.... let's see. I find both The Vancouver Sun and The Province to be totally biased reporting. I have not subscribed to a single copy of either paper E-V-E-R (I believe they're the same company, too - I may be wrong). Never spent a single quater on either paper. I read it online when I can, but if they want to start charging me, forget it. Both papers are a joke - I like "facts" and neither can offer me that, without twists. So, I will gladly continue with my $o.oo payment for either of these "news" papers. B)

Hmmmm.... let's see. I find both The Vancouver Sun and The Province to be totally biased reporting. I have not subscribed to a single copy of either paper E-V-E-R (I believe they're the same company, too - I may be wrong). Never spent a single quater on either paper. I read it online when I can, but if they want to start charging me, forget it. Both papers are a joke - I like "facts" and neither can offer me that, without twists. So, I will gladly continue with my $o.oo payment for either of these "news" papers. B)

Archived