The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guess whose coming to Vancity? It's only me.

Odjickwillkillyou

Enjoy your stay in Canada -odjickwillkillyou-

As unfortunate as your timing is hockey related, look on the bright side, the weather should be nice and the beautiful Vancouver girls will be out in droves.

Check out second beach, dabble a bit in Stanley park, check out the shops around town and end up in Gastown for a drink.

I'm sure The Cambie is as scuzzy as you left it. Enjoy your stay!

Just out of curiosity, what type of stuff is at the outlet? And what is the PNE? Sorry for the questions, but it is good to know prior to my visit.

I would like to get my daughter a couple items to wear to school as she is turning 7 and rocks her jersey and Linden or Nazzy tees at the disgust of local Stars fans at her school. Makes me a proud daddy.

Just out of curiosity, what type of stuff is at the outlet? And what is the PNE? Sorry for the questions, but it is good to know prior to my visit.

I would like to get my daughter a couple items to wear to school as she is turning 7 and rocks her jersey and Linden or Nazzy tees at the disgust of local Stars fans at her school. Makes me a proud daddy.

Nice! This PNE sounds legit. On another note: this damn Hurricance Isaac is threatening my trip as it may hit Texas where I work and we have to be fully staffed in our Emergency Response Center. The exercise I am going to in WA state utilizes half of our ERC staff and that could compromise us if we are needed. Sooooo, we are having a briefing on the hurricane status this morning and whether or not it will affect us. Oh if there is a God in Canada (And I know there is), please do not let this stupid hurricane ruin my trip. I know I used to play on a team called the Hurricanes in my beer league, but in this case I am not cool with said hurricane. I am even listenining to various Canadian bands while sitting in my office this morning. Yukon Blonde? Check. Hollerado? Check. The Stills and Arkells? Double check. How about some April Wine and Helix? In the spirit of Trailer Park Boys, Double F*ckin Check eh...

Nice! This PNE sounds legit. On another note: this damn Hurricance Isaac is threatening my trip as it may hit Texas where I work and we have to be fully staffed in our Emergency Response Center. The exercise I am going to in WA state utilizes half of our ERC staff and that could compromise us if we are needed. Sooooo, we are having a briefing on the hurricane status this morning and whether or not it will affect us. Oh if there is a God in Canada (And I know there is), please do not let this stupid hurricane ruin my trip. I know I used to play on a team called the Hurricanes in my beer league, but in this case I am not cool with said hurricane. I am even listenining to various Canadian bands while sitting in my office this morning. Yukon Blonde? Check. Hollerado? Check. The Stills and Arkells? Double check. How about some April Wine and Helix? In the spirit of Trailer Park Boys, Double F*ckin Check eh...

Just make sure you arrive in 2012. I'm still stuck somewhere between '94 and '96. I've rigged a system where I can still communicate with the present on CDC. We wouldn't want to offset the balance of the universe by being in the same place at the same time.

I find that the Canucks team store at Rogers arena has the best selection on merchandise (especially the ladies section). Jersey city and Sportcheck have more of a selection for guys/kids. Price wise I found that there wasnt much of a discount amongst the stores. I stocked up during the summer sale relocating to Maple Laugh land and all. Never been to the outlet so dont know. Enjoy your visit!!!!!

TANEV that is beastly. So now for the bad news folks. As I was sayin earlier, my trip has officially been cancelled due to the hurricane or the so-called possibility of it affecting us here. You have no idea how bummed I am right now and how much this hurts. I was finally going to have a chance to say goodbye to my Grandpa who is buried in Tacoma, WA and also visit my family there. The cherry on top was visiting Vancity and some friends there too. I even went so far as to go onto Google Maps Street View and virtually walk from Cambie and Hastings to the new outlet store next to PNE, just to visualize what it will be like. Well, now that is not happening. None of it is and I am not sure when it will again. I cannot afford to just pick up and go to the NW, but my job was going to give me that chance. Sorry to sound like a crybaby, but it was that important to me. Thank you to everyone who kindly made suggestions where to go and wished me a good trip. You guys are all proof that Canada is as great as it says it is. I am proud to be a Canuck and prouder to cheer alongside you guys/gals. GO CANUCKS!!!

Archived