The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jamie Crooks

Peaches

Has anyone else seen this guy play? He plays for the Victoria Royals, i think he is 16 or 17, led royals in goals (34), fast, good offensive abilities.

I went to a few royals games this year and he really stood out

When he is draft eligible i think the Canucks should try and draft him

Has anyone else seen this guy play? He plays for the Victoria Royals, i think he is 16 or 17, led royals in goals (34), fast, good offensive abilities.

I went to a few royals games this year and he really stood out

When he is draft eligible i think the Canucks should try and draft him

• 2 weeks later...

It is fairly clear that Crooks has talent and this coming year as a 20 year old, it should be interesting. I’ve seen him play over the past few seasons with the Bruins / Royals, he has great stick skills and knows how to read the ice but did seem a bit reserved the first couple of years, which is likely why he was overlooked.

However, last year he definitely stepped it up after the trade of Sunder and showed he could take the lead, make the big plays, get the points and even hold his own in a fight when challenged. There was high expectations for him to deliver and being voted Royals MVP and ending the season at 17th place for goals and 38th for points in the WHL might suggest he has a bit more up his sleeve.

Hopefully with a new coach and the addition of some long overdue assistance on defense, he can finally concentrate on putting the puck in the net.

So, he was passed over in the draft….let's not forget that more than a few NHLers have gotten off to a slow start and proven themselves worthy…. would you not agree Alex?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived