The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

There is no god: Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger to marry

GLASSJAW

I mean for example, some of the negative reaction in this thread to them getting married.

comments like this:

"yet another futile attempt to try and prove his masculinity... unfortunately i will never be turned on by avril lavigne in this world again."

or this

"just the thought of her even touching his greaseball platinum blond hair (or is it brown again?) brings bile to the back of my throat.... kind of like sarah silverman when she started dating jimmy kimmel. its just gross

"

or this

"They can not be allowed to reproduce."

or this

"Can a social worker take their kids away if they practice singing in front of them?"

or this

"I feel violated..."

or this

"God help the world if they have little hooligans kids..."

or this

"DO NOT LET THEM BREED!!!!"

or this

"Make me SICK. Two overated acts, they can have each other. Nickelback makes my ears bleed and I never understood all the fuss about Avril"

or this

"So did she move out here or did Chad leave town? Just wondering cuz I gotta drive through Abby later in the week and was wondering if it would be safe."

and in your case, while you said nothing particularly inflammatory, you still started this thread, and that is your contribution to the hate zeitgeist. I mean, if you hate them that much, then why even create this thread?

edit - and actually the title of this thread contains "there is no god", so there you did say somethign inflammatory.

People hate Nickelback because its the "cool" thing to do.

People hate Vancouver because its the "cool" thing to do. And kind of trendy between the two

Think for yourselves people, or you are as bad as everyone else who follows the mass of people.

I actually never said that ALL popular musicians don't have talent. I know it probably sounded like I was inplying it. A lot of them are very skilled, and get lots of recognition and fame for it. I was just saying that record sales has doesn't always have much to do with their talent.

Many of my favourite bands have sold millions of records too, and part of it probably was due to marketing. But you can still tell that they have good style. I even admit that Nickelbck has a few songs that are fun to listen once in a while, even if they're generic (Bieber, on the other hand, I'll never listen to XD). I wasn't trying to say ALL popular musicians have no skills, I was trying to make a point that a lot of them don't, so record sales isn't a good argument for skill.

The Leafs have millions of fans and are one of the most popular hockey teams, but they still suck.

My apologies, dude. :)

I just get frustrated at the levels to which certain members of this forum go to prove the opposite of what you're saying. And then, when you get a little stronger in holding your position, they run away... or say you suck... or that your point is wrong... or whatever.

I honestly feel like I am listening to some of the Grade 8 and 9 children at my school when I am on CDC. I guess it is reality that I actually am listening to 13-15 year olds a lot.

Oh, well...

:towel::canucks:

I'm not defending Nickleback... I'm hating on haters.

Hate to inform you of this, but this makes you a hater.

Congratulations, here's a Nickelback poster for signing up. :)

(It's all in fun here, no need to get so worked up...it's a "to each their own" deal. Personally, along with their music, I hate that Chad is a drunken, overage teenager who lacks in any kind of accountability or maturity. So not just jumping on the Hatemobile - there are reasons behind my madness....)

Archived