Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

There is no god: Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger to marry

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
99 replies to this topic

#91 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

My apologies, dude. :)

I just get frustrated at the levels to which certain members of this forum go to prove the opposite of what you're saying. And then, when you get a little stronger in holding your position, they run away... or say you suck... or that your point is wrong... or whatever.

I honestly feel like I am listening to some of the Grade 8 and 9 children at my school when I am on CDC. I guess it is reality that I actually am listening to 13-15 year olds a lot.

Oh, well...

:towel: :canucks:

Posted Image

You suck!
Posted Image

#92 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

So you had a thing for Jimmy?

who couldnt love a face like this?

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#93 Z.Kassian9

Z.Kassian9

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

Kroeger looks 50...PEDO ALERT

#94 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

Kroeger looks 50...PEDO ALERT

Great, so now someone who doesn't look their age is guilty of being a pedophile :rolleyes:

The ignorance of some never ceases to amaze and disgust me.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 22 August 2012 - 06:17 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#95 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

you're taking people's complaints and reading them literally. why?

are people not allowed to make jokes at the expense of nickelback without being unhealthy, hateful people?

Because that is what they wrote. There were a lot jokes (you know... things that are funny) and I didn't rip on those. Calling mean spirited comments a joke doesn't make them a joke. What exactly is funny about reacting to them getting married by saying "there is no god"? The only type of person who might find it funny is someone who hates both of them far too much already. Anyone else will just roll their eyes or dismiss it. And jerks like me will call you out for it.

I mean really... you start a thread hating on someone, and then get upset when you are called out for it?

...So what? For every "unhated artist" that doesn't get "hated on" for being one dimensional, you can find just as many THAT DO. The difference between these "artists" is that nickelback has achieved such a ridiculous level of success that they're the punchline. They are the band we're all familiar with. They're the band that the conversation is about, so it SEEMS like they get hated more.

It seems to be Nickleback much more than any other band. If I see a thread ripping on a rock band like this one, there is a 95% chance its Nickleback.

Regardless there is a huge difference between not liking a bands music and ripping on them for getting married.

Again, if you don't like Nickleback, then why even bother starting a thread about Chad Kroeger getting married?

I'd just as soon hate on Seether, Theory of a Dead Man, Hinder, or similar bands, but since nobody talks about them, nobody does.

Which begs the question why bother hating at all? Its a waste of time and energy. It is interesting and true tho that people who do this jsut like hating on things in general, and it doesn't matter what it is. There's not much dif between Nickleback haters and new Star wars haters. The type of person is exactly the same. Angry nerd-rage type people.

#96 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

Grats to them. I always wanted to......er......take her for dinner like a gentleman....
Posted Image

#97 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,290 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

I'm not defending Nickleback... I'm hating on haters.

Hate to inform you of this, but this makes you a hater.

Congratulations, here's a Nickelback poster for signing up. :)

(It's all in fun here, no need to get so worked up...it's a "to each their own" deal. Personally, along with their music, I hate that Chad is a drunken, overage teenager who lacks in any kind of accountability or maturity. So not just jumping on the Hatemobile - there are reasons behind my madness....)

Posted Image

#98 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

Hate to inform you of this, but this makes you a hater.

Formerly, but now I mostly use my powers for good causes.

edit - however, I will admit that I would not have reacted to this thread (at least without gritting my teeth) had it been about Linkin Park. Taste is subjective, and there is no such thing as bad music... except for Linkin Park. Einstein proved this mathmatically before he died.

Edited by butters, 22 August 2012 - 08:52 PM.

#99 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,290 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:58 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#100 VICanucksfan5551

VICanucksfan5551

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

Posted Image

It's staring into my soul :shock:

Edited by VICanucksfan5551, 22 August 2012 - 10:04 PM.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.