The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 GM Connected Prestige Worldwide [Xbox] (Seven Teams Available)

Beluga Whale

^ Just merely stating that he is not a sore loser even if he gets blown away by his opponent.

I have to be honest, and I'm sure it's on several of your guys' minds, that the "trolling," if one can even call it that, has gone too far. Personally, I enjoy a bit of trash talk here and there as it promotes rivalries and is quite entertaining, but there is a clear definitive line that separates what's tolerable and what isn't. Personal attacks and making despicable and disgusting comments in regards to current events are both clearly past that line -- even if they are meant as a "joke." It is not acceptable and I believe something needs to be done. Not a suspension but something like a warning (clearly I believe in second chances as things can be said in the spur of the moment and do not necessarily reflect one's true character although this is pushing it), but if the line between tolerable and intolerable "trolling" continues to be crossed then further disciplinarian action needs to be taken into consideration.

EDIT: I don't even care if it makes me seem like a "butthurt meat sauce" (LOL nice try) but I just wanted to express what's on my mind and several other GMs too.

Okay boys lets clear up some crap.

OBVIOUSLY people dying isn't funny. Don't be an idiot.

What I found hilarious was the poor taste. The shooting was literally that day and he had the guts to make a joke about it.

Now you wanna say, "that kind of joke is offensive...." Oh I'm sorry. Where you there? Did a child you know die? Any family in Newton, Connecticut? No? Then how exactly were you affected? My sympathies go out to those that were affected because they are going through a tragedy. Nothing happened to you. You have nothing to cry about.

If you weren't there you only care because you saw it on TV. You only care because it is convenient. If it was never aired you would have never known. Showing sympathy to others is okay. It is normal, shows you have a soul. But you shouldn't be sensitive to/about something that doesn't affect you or anyone you know.

For all those, "I care about everyone" people. bull. You care about things that are popular to care about. I bet you rode the Kony bandwagon too. The fact is there are so many tragedies everyday in countries all over the world and you don't ever hear about it. A) because it's not in Canada and B ) it is not in the US. You never even knew Newton, Connecticut was a town until it happened. You probably heard it on the news and thought. "Awwee thats soo sad." *Text Recieved* "Wanna go grab some food?" and off you went. Didn't interrupt your day for more than 5 minutes. If you really cared you would have donated some money to help or gone the extra mile in another way.

Now you wanna say, "you still shouldn't joke about it. It's not funny". If you still think the joke is a direct stab at people dying you are completely misunderstanding the humor. No one really finds death funny. But the fact that he said it so soon is outrageous. This is a style of humor that is meant to catch you of guard. It is funny because you didn't seee it coming. Literally like every Family Guy joke. Like Peter fighting that chicken? Not funny. But when it comes out of no where and kills 5 minutes you laugh because you didn't see it coming.

Lastly, obviously no one would ever say a joke like this to a person who was affected by this tragedy. That is like making a holocaust joke to an older jew. But saying it to someone completely unaffected is what classifies it as simply outrageous humor.

If we were simply laughing because people were dying then yes. I understand how this would be "disgusting". But we are not. Don't be so stupid and close minded. Open you eyes and use some perspective. It didn't affect you, stop acting like it did.

Yeah I agree with Blom aswell, it's just disgusting what happened and to make fun of it is low.

On another note, (I hate to be asking again because I feel like I always ask) but when is the sim? Sat or Sun?

And just to clear things up for the future is the Sim every 4 days or every 5 days. Zack didn't say in the OP.

Archived