The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 GM Connected Prestige Worldwide [Xbox] (Seven Teams Available)

Beluga Whale

Also, I somewhat agree that we should settle down with the glitch goals. No offense to you gragnanifan1, but in the game we played, 5 of the 6 goals you scored were the exact same backhand forehand deke to the blocker side. I have no problem if that goal happens like once, or even twice in a game, but when you exploit it for 5 goals (including the overtime winner), I think something should be done.

Also, I somewhat agree that we should settle down with the glitch goals. No offense to you gragnanifan1, but in the game we played, 5 of the 6 goals you scored were the exact same backhand forehand deke to the blocker side. I have no problem if that goal happens like once, or even twice in a game, but when you exploit it for 5 goals (including the overtime winner), I think something should be done.

I agree with the glitch goals to an extent. I understand some people refrain from using glitch goals whatsoever, and in all honesty I can say I respect that, very much. I hate glitch goals as much as the next person. From my perspective however, I don't think people should exploit the glitch goals with as you said (to 5-6 times a game). Infact I don't think people should use them at all, but that's just not going to happen in a game that has never fixed such a thing.

I feel though, it is the opponents fault in a sense, only because they let them get that position in the first place. I would only consider it like this because I am so defensive-minded myself, so when I let such goals happen, I feel it is my fault for even giving them that position to score.

There are some goals, very obvious glitch goals, Eg. The forehand/backhand goal you described, as well as I know a few more but I won't explain/say because I do not want people abusing them, and no, I will not do them, as I am very much against it.

Goals from the slot, whether the person scores there all 4-5 of their goals or not is not a glitch goal, that is the persons fault for giving them that position.

I also feel the breakaway goal, that does work very often, in the same method can, yet cannot be considered a full on glitch goal, once again only because that person gave them the breakaway, therefore they should be held accountable. This is only my opinion on the situation however. I just feel people should be held accountable for the mistakes they made in some instances.

My input on the glitch goals: Just played Carolina, lost a close one 4-3. Of the 4 goals scored on me, 3 of them were backhand-forehand dekes. One was a clear cut breakaway, so I'll remove that one from consideration. On another, the goalie bit on the fake shot before the deke, so it was going in no matter what he did. Although it was a close game, I out shot him 36-16, and would say I had more chances as well. I can understand people's frustration with the glitch goals, but from my point a view, when a goal is scored on me, I look at it as a defensive breakdown. With that being said, when I do allow a scoring chance, I'd rather it did not result in an automatic goal against.

My input on the glitch goals: Just played Carolina, lost a close one 4-3. Of the 4 goals scored on me, 3 of them were backhand-forehand dekes. One was a clear cut breakaway, so I'll remove that one from consideration. On another, the goalie bit on the fake shot before the deke, so it was going in no matter what he did. Although it was a close game, I out shot him 36-16, and would say I had more chances as well. I can understand people's frustration with the glitch goals, but from my point a view, when a goal is scored on me, I look at it as a defensive breakdown. With that being said, when I do allow a scoring chance, I'd rather it did not result in an automatic goal against

Archived