Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

NHL 13 GM Connected Prestige Worldwide [Xbox] (Seven Teams Available)

• Please log in to reply
3155 replies to this topic

#871 Beluga Whale

Beluga Whale

Trust me I'm a whale

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

So, if a team gets an injury, they trade away their star? Yea, kassian, you're kinda on a control trip, no? the weber trade I made with you was much more even than that and you were the one who offered... then you cancelled, as commissioner.

I made an offer for Stamkos before my centers got injured.

The Weber trade is different than this one, that took place back when I allowed people to back out of their trades. Also I talked to one of my assistants about the trade and he had no problem with it.

It's hilarious that we're scared of getting in trouble because of voicing our opinions.

No one is getting in trouble, I don't care if you guys give me your opinions, in fact I prefer to know everyone's stance on things, just as long as you're not being disrespectful.

Edited by Zack Kassian, 28 September 2012 - 02:17 PM.

bluuuuga.png

#872 Beluga Whale

Beluga Whale

Trust me I'm a whale

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

all in all I think trades involving the commissioners should be league vote

That would be ridiculous, it is up to my assistants to assess whether or not my trades should go through.

bluuuuga.png

#873 Beluga Whale

Beluga Whale

Trust me I'm a whale

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:52 PM

Ok I'll address this before it gets out of hand.

He's a good commissioner

-he's active
-helps with problems
-does his best to make things fair

I looked at the stamkos trade again and it is even in my mind. Corrado and kassian are top prospects, Kesler is 27 and a great player plus the first round pick. It's fair

He said he doesn't have to justify a trade to you, well I'm sorry but he does.

Not every trade but I big trade like that we're expected to justify so he should too(even tho it was fair)

The other thing is the advancing schedule has to work for everyone, not just the commissioner.

Not perfect but he's a great commissioner and theres no point for ppl to start leaving the league or to vote him out

Trust me we're one of the best most active leagues

I agree with what you're saying. I'm not perfect, I'm just doing my best. You're also right that I do have to justify every decision I make especially big trades like that one. As for the advancing I feel I have been fair with that, even though I finished all my games on Wednesday, I didn't think twice about sticking to our current 4 day plan (which will be Saturday btw).

bluuuuga.png

#874 -CANUCKS94-

-CANUCKS94-

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

Since I just joined (Winnipeg), haven't had time to play all of my games, and don't know if I'll get to all of them (if any) by tomorrow, so feel free to sim if we're supposed to play.
St. Louis Blues GM - Prestige Worldwide GMC

#875 Mlsf83

Mlsf83

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

Be mad at the Tampa bay gm not the Vancouver gm good deal, who gives up a franchise player.

#876 canucksfan9191

canucksfan9191

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

The Weber trade is different than this one, that took place back when I allowed people to back out of their trades. Also I talked to one of my assistants about the trade and he had no problem with it.

No one is getting in trouble, I don't care if you guys give me your opinions, in fact I prefer to know everyone's stance on things, just as long as you're not being disrespectful.

You have done a good job so far in my opinion as this is a completely new game made and experiance for all of us but u talk about disrespecting you and ur fine with us giving you our opinions. There are 3 cases that i remember (im dont have time to search for them and quote them) when somebody has had a concern/complaint or opinion and your response was basicly to deal with it or leave the league. You cant expect us to show u respect if u are not willing to give us any u have to remember that without us this league only has one gm and thats you. You have to be neutral in this league as the commish and when it comes to ur assistant commish's judging ur trade u are right somewhat but u have obviously made somewhat of a friendship with them over this so i can also be hard for them to be neutral is this we should be allowed some sort of a voice in ur big trades not a 100% final say but a voice non the less that carries some weight.

#877 gragnanifan1

gragnanifan1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

im on now and got alot of games to play
Posted Image
credit goes to allons-y
Posted Image NHL 13 GM Connected -GM of the Hurricanes http://forum.canucks...ed-league-xbox/

#878 Beluga Whale

Beluga Whale

Trust me I'm a whale

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

There are 3 cases that i remember (im dont have time to search for them and quote them) when somebody has had a concern/complaint or opinion and your response was basicly to deal with it or leave the league.

Hmmm, mind enlightening me on which cases you're referring to? (other than the recent one with Touchet of course)

bluuuuga.png

#879 canucksfan9191

canucksfan9191

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

You have done a good job so far in my opinion as this is a completely new game made and experiance for all of us but u talk about disrespecting you and ur fine with us giving you our opinions. There are 3 cases that i remember (im dont have time to search for them and quote them) when somebody has had a concern/complaint or opinion and your response was basicly to deal with it or leave the league. You cant expect us to show u respect if u are not willing to give us any u have to remember that without us this league only has one gm and thats you. You have to be neutral in this league as the commish and when it comes to ur assistant commish's judging ur trade u are right somewhat but u have obviously made somewhat of a friendship with them over this so i can also be hard for them to be neutral is this we should be allowed some sort of a voice in ur big trades not a 100% final say but a voice non the less that carries some weight.

#880 canucksfan9191

canucksfan9191

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

EKIL

Hmmm, mind enlightening me on which cases you're referring to? (other than the recent one with Touchet of course)

Like i said i dont have the time im at work u wanna be enlightened go back and read rought the last 30 pages of posts

#881 Beluga Whale

Beluga Whale

Trust me I'm a whale

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

EKIL

Like i said i dont have the time im at work u wanna be enlightened go back and read rought the last 30 pages of posts

If you're going to accuse me of something you should provide the evidence.

bluuuuga.png

#882 Go Faulk Yourself

Go Faulk Yourself

Junko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

Looks like no matter if you're a commissioner in a game or actual league, you're still the scapegoat.

Anyways, first of all, it looks like many of you don't pay attention to the trading rules I posted and the consensus of what makes a fair trade, no surprise here really.. I'm not going to say it again, you can all open your eyes and go re-read it for yourselves.

Second, since when did the commissioner disrespect anyone? Other than the post made on the last page it's pretty much been a clean slate, as I haven't seen him back talk anyone, so why the accusations? You all need to take a chill pill and analyze the trade fully. He obviously won the trade but in a league that will last 3 years, maybe 4. Kesler being 28 & Stamkos being what 22? Makes no impact on the trade whatsoever.

Anyways I'd like to keep ranting at the ignorantness and idiocy I've witnessed but I've got to work.

9HRDQZn.gif

St. Louis Blues STHS GM small.png

Colorado Avalanche EHL GM small.png

#883 Kassian

Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

Yeah he's doing a great job imo. 'The trade' isn't that bad, it's not lopsided to the point where it should be refuted. I'm completely fine with it though it's really not gonna be fun being in the same division as Vancouver.

Posted Image

#884 JJC

JJC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

Looks like no matter if you're a commissioner in a game or actual league, you're still the scapegoat.

:P

also this defiantly isn't the worst trade to go through.

COLTSTRONG

Posted Image

d d d d d d ddd d d d d d ddddddddd-Formally known as Jay Jay Sea

#885 canucksfan9191

canucksfan9191

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

It won't be too long before we find out who isn't committed to the league, please keep posting about who isn't playing their games, who is quitting out of their games and I can find out who I need to boot from the league. The toughest part is the beginning, just hold tight, I promise by the playoffs this league will only consist of people who are committed. Also the 4 day interval system isn't up for debate, this is a serious league and if you can't find a way to play most of your games you should look for another league.

i apologize for my accusations this is the one was thinking of but after reading it again it was meant in different context but i still think we as gm should get a voice when it comes to big trade like this one and i would like to reiterate what i said when i said that you are a good commish

Edited by canucksfan9191, 28 September 2012 - 11:53 PM.

#886 JJC

JJC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:01 AM

i apologize for my accusations this is the one was thinking of but after reading it again it was meant in different context but i still think we as gm should get a voice when it comes to big trade like this one and i would like to reiterate what i said when i said that you are a good commish

I'm waiting for Grammar Police.

Edited by Jay Jay Sea, 29 September 2012 - 02:01 AM.

COLTSTRONG

Posted Image

#887 canucksfan9191

canucksfan9191

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

Lol give me a break i just got off of a 18 hour shift at that point and i was tired

#888 JJC

JJC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:57 AM

Lol give me a break i just got off of a 18 hour shift at that point and i was tired

were do you have an 18 hour shift? :shock:

COLTSTRONG

Posted Image

#889 canucksfan9191

canucksfan9191

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:18 AM

Im a cook at a rustic fine dinning resturant were on fridays i usually work a double shift but i had alot of stuff that i had to prep for the luunch and dinner services so i came in early and if i get a break its usually only 15 mins. Cooks do alot more work that ppl realise and through it all i only get just above min wage but i do get overtime im lucky there some resturants wont do that. Also im at work right now i started at 9am i just dont have alot of stuff to prep cause i got most of it done yesterday

#890 Zachfetch

Zachfetch

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

The advancing schedule is a joke

#891 gragnanifan1

gragnanifan1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:37 PM

why?
Posted Image
credit goes to allons-y
Posted Image NHL 13 GM Connected -GM of the Hurricanes http://forum.canucks...ed-league-xbox/

#892 Touchet

Touchet

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

I want to play as many games as possible today as I won't be available the next 2 days afterwards. I Have NYR, NYI, Tampa, Chicago and San Jose. Message if available some time today.

Edited by Touchet, 29 September 2012 - 03:04 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image Prestige Worldwide - GM of the Pittsburgh Penguins

#893 Go Faulk Yourself

Go Faulk Yourself

Junko

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

I can't quote people on my iPod but Touchet I'll be on at 7pm tonight if your free, that's when I'm off work.

9HRDQZn.gif

#894 JJC

JJC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

wat wat wat? explain your argument.

COLTSTRONG

Posted Image

#895 Beluga Whale

Beluga Whale

Trust me I'm a whale

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

Looking to play Calgary (twice), Columbus, Minny, St.Louis, Toronto and San Jose, I'll be available fro most of the day, just when msg me if you're going to be on today.

bluuuuga.png

#896 Zachfetch

Zachfetch

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

They days sure? I'm not understanding the times though, 8 pm,5pm, 9pm,noon ? Can't we keep it consistent?

Not exactly happy about losing sim games to AHL teams

#897 Bilbro Baggins

Bilbro Baggins

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

Montreal (x2), Edmonton, Calgary, Colorado, Washington and Minnesota go on. We've got some games to play

Posted Image

#898 Go Faulk Yourself

Go Faulk Yourself

Junko

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

@Zachfetch, thank you for telling us, my question for all of you then is what time on the given SIM date would work beat for you all?

I imagine Noon isn't the best time judging by your comment so please do tell us.

9HRDQZn.gif

#899 Go Faulk Yourself

Go Faulk Yourself

Junko

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

Best* I hate iPods...

9HRDQZn.gif

#900 Beluga Whale

Beluga Whale

Trust me I'm a whale

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

I posted when the schedule was going to be advanced, and no one complained. I'll try to keep it more consistent, we just really wanted to get the next set of games going.

bluuuuga.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.