Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

nhlpa hockey related revenue sharing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 DEEZ_NUCKS

DEEZ_NUCKS

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

nhlpa should develop and market their own products so that we the fans could show them who we really support.. i for one would buy and wear proudly a support the nhlpa T-shirt

#2 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,359 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

Pretty sure they don't need our money. If you want to do it that badly, get one custom made and wear it so the rest of us can laugh at you.

all+in+the+game+yo.gif

#3 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

Why the hell would you want an NHLPA shirt? That would make absolutely zero difference in whether or not the little weasel Betman gives in and prevents a lockout
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#4 DEEZ_NUCKS

DEEZ_NUCKS

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

oh never mind you and of course it would make a difference if the nhlpa developed and marketed their own product line with the revenueby the nhlpa and it's membership.

Why the hell would you want an NHLPA shirt? That would make absolutely zero difference in whether or not the little weasel Betman gives in and prevents a lockout

#5 DEEZ_NUCKS

DEEZ_NUCKS

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:10 PM

laugh all you want but maybe i just see this in a different light than you do.. i see the labour disputes and how they're being handled by major corporations and governments as being the same as the cba negotiations taking place between the nhlpa and Gary bettman.. while i understand that the players make more than you or i, and do so playing a sport i love that doesn't mean they aren't entitled to a fair share of the revenue they generate. people look at the amount of money i make per month doing a job that i don't consider physically/mentally challenging and say that i am making to much money and that i don't deserve the money i make etc etc etc.. i look at them and say that i don't earn too much they just don't earn enough. and that instead of hating on you fellow wage earning brother you should look at ways to organize a union in your work place that you may negotiate better working conditions for yourself... so i geuss you've gathered that i'm a union member and proud of it and what it means to be one, that also means i support other unions in their struggles against the man... so yeah i'd where that T-shirt proudly in support of the athletes that play the sport i love

Pretty sure they don't need our money. If you want to do it that badly, get one custom made and wear it so the rest of us can laugh at you.

#6 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:50 AM

Yeah, its not an instant fix. But it is a single step in a possible direction to shut out bettmans power, his only bargaining chip is the lockout. If the players can take that away from him he has nothing.

If the NHLPA started making merchandise NOT an NHLPA Shirt, but NHLPA branded jerseys, etc.

If the NHLPA could start doing everything the owners do, including the lease agreements between arena's they could, in time, completely do away with the owners and have an internally driven team that all stems from the NHLPA.

It's a long process and may never happen.

Posted Image

#7 coastal1

coastal1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

Weasel? Listen if the payers want to play they can, just take the 24% pay cut on a temporary basis, put it in escrow and negotiate as they play and then adjust salaries once you settle. I am sure the NHL would agree to that. But will the greedy NHLPA and that weasel Fehr go for it? Not a chance. But they will give in some day, and then the NHL will return.

#8 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

nhlpa should develop and market their own products so that we the fans could show them who we really support.. i for one would buy and wear proudly a support the nhlpa T-shirt

How can anyone with half a brain support either side in this example of horrible greed?

Billionaires vs millionaires, I could care less who "wins".

I haven't been able to take my family to any games because of these clowns and now you talk about supporting a side?

No thanks

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#9 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,881 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

Weasel? Listen if the payers want to play they can, just take the 24% pay cut on a temporary basis, put it in escrow and negotiate as they play and then adjust salaries once you settle. I am sure the NHL would agree to that. But will the greedy NHLPA and that weasel Fehr go for it? Not a chance. But they will give in some day, and then the NHL will return.

It's the NHL who's greedy. Fehr and the NHLPA offered a deal that was nearly identical to what is currently in place. But Bettman wants more money.

Fehr is able to agree to pretty much what we had for the past years.
Bettman wants more.

It's pretty clear who's the greedy one.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#10 TheNoelPatrol

TheNoelPatrol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:31 AM

laugh all you want but maybe i just see this in a different light than you do.. i see the labour disputes and how they're being handled by major corporations and governments as being the same as the cba negotiations taking place between the nhlpa and Gary bettman.. while i understand that the players make more than you or i, and do so playing a sport i love that doesn't mean they aren't entitled to a fair share of the revenue they generate. people look at the amount of money i make per month doing a job that i don't consider physically/mentally challenging and say that i am making to much money and that i don't deserve the money i make etc etc etc.. i look at them and say that i don't earn too much they just don't earn enough. and that instead of hating on you fellow wage earning brother you should look at ways to organize a union in your work place that you may negotiate better working conditions for yourself... so i geuss you've gathered that i'm a union member and proud of it and what it means to be one, that also means i support other unions in their struggles against the man... so yeah i'd where that T-shirt proudly in support of the athletes that play the sport i love

Struggles? Ha. Union members are self-entitled "you-know-whats". They figure everything should be handed to them on a silver platter. If union members don't get their way, they throw a temper tantrum and have a strike. Improvment in pay, etc. should be earned by hard work, not just cause the union says you should get it. I hope I never have to join a union in my life.

QUOTE (diesel_3 @ Aug 28 2009, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well..any way you slice it....Mike Gillis just pimp-slapped the Western Conference.

#11 Mayray2112

Mayray2112

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

Think everyone sides with NHLPA

#12 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,744 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:32 AM

I get it Deez, some of these guys are meatheads. I think it's a good idea. It shows you understand the concept of what is going on in the battle between these two groups who both make more money than any one person should. The shirt would represent fighting against the man, and I like that ... cause I'm a rebel. People wear NHL shirts, why not NHLPA? It also represents, even though it won't change it, the fact that we as fans are pissed off at supporting these freaking guys if they're going strike over a bit of cash that some of us could live 10 lifetimes on.

How can anyone with half a brain support either side in this example of horrible greed?

Billionaires vs millionaires, I could care less who "wins".

I haven't been able to take my family to any games because of these clowns and now you talk about supporting a side?

No thanks

It depends where you draw the line, you obviously watch hockey so you do support both sides to some degree. Some of us just realize that trying to fight or intervene in this process is futile. They don't really care at all about us fans as long as we keep paying their salaries. For what it's worth I agree that both sides are rich Aholes, but that's life as we know it. Don't even get me going on Oprah. :sick:

Edited by Dogbyte, 23 August 2012 - 07:38 AM.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#13 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:21 PM

Nhlpa released hats with player names through Shoppers. I got a Kesler one. It's just the players name and no team along side it.
Posted Image

#14 DEEZ_NUCKS

DEEZ_NUCKS

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:16 AM

that would be ideal wouldn't it

Yeah, its not an instant fix. But it is a single step in a possible direction to shut out bettmans power, his only bargaining chip is the lockout. If the players can take that away from him he has nothing.

If the NHLPA started making merchandise NOT an NHLPA Shirt, but NHLPA branded jerseys, etc.

If the NHLPA could start doing everything the owners do, including the lease agreements between arena's they could, in time, completely do away with the owners and have an internally driven team that all stems from the NHLPA.

It's a long process and may never happen.

#15 CanuckInUS

CanuckInUS

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:51 AM

"The man" isn't preventing you from seeking employment elsewhere.

Just saying.
X__________________

#16 DEEZ_NUCKS

DEEZ_NUCKS

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

ALL REVENUE THAT IS GENERATE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY BY THE NHL IS ALL DIRECTLY CREATED BY THE BLOOD AND SWEAT OF ATLEAST ONEE MEMBER THE NHLPA.... IT'S TIME FOR THE PEOPLE WHO DO THE ACTUAL BODY OF WORK THAT A COMPANY GENERATES ITS REVENUEBY BY TO BE BETTER COMPENSATED FOR THAT WORK

regardless of how much money they make they are still representing one part of an equation that we are very much apart of; the labour movement everybody and your comment about not supporting them because they already make to much is exactly how they divide us, they capitalize on our innate weaknesses like jealousy... when people tell me that I make to much for what i do i say No, i don't. You just don't make enough for what you do!! and btw they eat more pie because thier pies bigger than ours probably tastes pretty good too...

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.