The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vaisakhi and Surrey Jacks

AjitGill17

I guess but at least South Surrey has easy access to the beach (no parking pass but they have less property taxes so just use the savings) not to mention it's own beach out to the west and an even greater portion of million dollar plus homes. Also, it's not like you see a proliferation of Surrey Jacks when you cross the border just a slight drop in average age (from like 70 to 50) so it's least it's as not as big a stretch as they are implying that the hill is fully of strawberries. Unless "strawberry" is code for skunkweed as that smell is how I know I am passing through Newton.

Yep basically if you're south of the Serpentine and Nicomickle rivers it's decently nice. Kind of suprised that when they made White Rock why they didn't claim most of what is now south Surrey at the time. I know they didn't want to have the farmers but all that upland forest that isn't in the ALR could have been White Rock. It would actually make more sense to make the whole South Surrey/White Rock one city since they are much more the same than the people on the other side of the farmers fields/dueling rivers/railroad tracks.

Oh, and a Surrey Jack is a wanna be gangsta. You didn't know that?

Well, the richie rich's didn't extend that far south at the time, so that's probably one reason why they didn't claim much of that area. Plus all of it used to be Surrey anyways......and I think it should be once more as well. I hate those pretentious little communities within a community that pretend as if they're not part of a larger community. Or like those people who say when asked where they come from, I live in Fleetwood, no you live in Surrey. Or those that say, I live in the West End, no you live in Vancouver. Just a pet peeve i suppose.

I get that it means 'thug' or 'gangsta' or whatever stupid fake image they want to portray, but why 'Jack'? What the hell is a 'Jack' aside from an English name and something you use to lift heavy objects?

Archived