Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Vaisakhi and Surrey Jacks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#31 AjitGill17

AjitGill17

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:12 AM

:lol:

You seem so curious, never been to a fight...?

Lol ive never seen jacks fight though in groups but one on one ive seen.

#32 AjitGill17

AjitGill17

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

I'm going to bet he's never been in one either.

Yeah I have for your information but never in groups thats pure cowardice.

#33 AjitGill17

AjitGill17

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

LOL never been to a fight I live in burnaby and we have fights

Well I've been to fights but haven't seen gangster wannabees fight.

#34 Nucks fan555555

Nucks fan555555

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:37 AM

In the middle of August? Where does this question pop up
Go Canucks Go

#35 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,892 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

Thanks for raising my property value guys ! :P
* South Surrey

Also, the jacks are everywhere, including the South... :bigblush:

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL  medium.png - CDCFL

#36 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

* South Surrey

What's a 'Jack'? Is that like 'Hick'....who also seem to come from 'the South'?

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#37 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,892 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

Basically what Ron told you. Jack = roids...

@Ron , Strawberry Hill used to be a Strawberry Hill. Not a very creative name for the area just like how White Rock is named after a White Rock. LOL

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL  medium.png - CDCFL

#38 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:33 PM

@Ron , Strawberry Hill used to be a Strawberry Hill. Not a very creative name for the area just like how White Rock is named after a White Rock. LOL

Ron never mentioned 'roids'. And since most of the young men i've seen who act like Punjabi gangsters aren't in good shape, I'm skeptical of the 'roid' explanation.

Aren't you Punjabi, wouldn't you know??

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#39 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,509 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

* South Surrey

I suppose it's not completely free but it's rare to see any youngish people anywhere. I suppose you see some cruising Marine Drive or on the beach but I always assume that it was the part of the migration of Surrey much like the nightly drinking and smoking that happens in the same locations they have since I was a teenager!

But roaming around in packs? I ain't seen that yet.

#40 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,509 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:33 PM

Well, the richie rich's didn't extend that far south at the time, so that's probably one reason why they didn't claim much of that area. Plus all of it used to be Surrey anyways......and I think it should be once more as well. I hate those pretentious little communities within a community that pretend as if they're not part of a larger community. Or like those people who say when asked where they come from, I live in Fleetwood, no you live in Surrey. Or those that say, I live in the West End, no you live in Vancouver. Just a pet peeve i suppose.

I get that it means 'thug' or 'gangsta' or whatever stupid fake image they want to portray, but why 'Jack'? What the hell is a 'Jack' aside from an English name and something you use to lift heavy objects?

I don't know I think it's a good thing for neighbourhoods to have some identity.

Oh, and speaking of pretentious little communities, all we need is a sewer treatment plant (we have our own water) and to privatise the hospital (which is going to happen whether people hate the idea or not watch what happens with Dr. Day's court case with horror) and White Rock would be self sustainable to susceed from the province if not be our own principality! :lol: :ph34r:

#41 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,509 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

Heck at least the rock is still there! Strawberry Hill sounds like they are trying to say it's somehow different from the rest of Newton.....

#42 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

http://www.urbandict...erm=Surrey Jack

"By definition, a Surrey Jack is a typical Indo-Canadian individual who tends to show his or her heritage to the fullest. This includes, frequently drinking 'Crown Royal' (alcohol), and 'polishing it off' (meaning to completely finish the bottle). Also including the various term: BRO, PAJI, and the mispronunciation of the word ????, with frackIN-UH, also to call each other PANCHOD'S! (sister fracker). Surrey Jacks can usually be found anywhere in the city of Surrey. Putting a CD on your rear view mirror is a common way to spot a Surrey Jack on the road. Another main way is to listen for loud Punjabi music playing. The more modern Surrey Jacks can be spotted on foot, usually wearing clothing such as: Puma, Lacoste (usually not real), tight jeans, blue contacts, ballerina shoes, and most seen, a jacket with fur on the hood. It is a rare thing to see a Surrey Jack alone, being that they tend to usually travel in packs. This means that Surrey Jacks tend to travel with their closest Indo-Canadian friends (known as their 'Bro's') and possibly their cousins.

Another way to spot a Surrey Jack is to invite one Indo-Canadian to a party and watch how many people come with him or her, refer to the last point to know that they travel in packs. Another common trait of a Surrey Jacks is taking pictures. The most popular pose is to throw up both hand and make sure to stick out your two main fingers (middle and pointer) in the air and make a face that is best described as lips completely out and squeezed with your eyes completely open with a angry type of feel. Speech is another thing to look for in a Surrey Jack, being that they tend to switch between languages (Punjabi/Hindi and English). The Vancouver Canucks are the stand-out sports team for the typical Surrey Jack, while the Calgary Flames, the Edmonton Oilers and the Colorado Avalanche appear to be the enemy, even though a lot of the Surrey Jacks wear those teams jerseys. 'Parking Lot Pimpin' is another common scene that Surrey Jacks, meaning to listen to Indo-Canadian music at extremely high volumes and dancing around with the Surrey Jack dance moves, as well as yelling 'BALLE!' and 'OI!'.

Man after the party, Sonal took us to a McDonald’s parking lot and played some Brown music, man she’s a typical Surrey Jack.

crap! Alaa called one brown guy to the party and he brought like 30 Surrey Jacks with him!

:lol:

:picard:

#43 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 28,196 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

What we won't be doing is promoting this crap here...

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.