The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should the Canucks give the Green Men free season tickets?

Southpop45

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I may be one of the few, but I think these guys shouldn't even be allowed to do that. Fair enough It was funny the first season (kids love'em) ...but half the crap they do would get anybody else kicked out.

The fact that they would go to a Canucks game, and waste amazing seats by watching them through green panty hose just so they can be on TV says it all.

I mean, give the seats to some poor kids if you aren't going to watch properly. At least they'd watch the ice and be respectful of the players.

I'd be fine with them popping up once in a while. (the kids love'em)

Playoffs?- fine. That's cool.

But should they pay? HELL EFFIN YES.

If they can afford to waste incredible seats for the last 2 seasons, they can definitely afford it for the next season. They are lucky to have gotten free tickets at all.

Some might say I should lighten up, but I ask you this my fellow fan...

To what stadiums do the Canucks visit, where a couple of guys are allowed to affect players focus every time a penalty is served? It's a distraction from the game, but it's allowed because it's funny?

If I had to compromise, I'd say the Green men just need to tone it down.

Their gig would be just as affective, if they simply just sat and stared at the penalized player. Stop with the borderline bad taste prop gags.

From a fan's perspective, hell yes, but from the Canucks Organization perspective, of coarse not. They haven't really brought that much more revenue because no one is going there just to see the Green Men, but it might have increased in the rate in which people want to buy seats around them, or even try to steal their spots. Hell, teams and players have complained about them, so the Canucks don't really see it as anything important, and plus giving tickets away to them would seem unfair to the rest. But if I was the Canucks I would give them free season tickets, frack yeah, you know how expensive they are? The Green Men are gradually becoming an icon apart of this franchise and will obviously go down in history, and they should be supported, why not make more out of this and create something deeper and even more creative to add to this franchise, the fans at the games are boring enough. However, the reason they are not going to be paid to attend games is because no one was paying them initially, it was on their own initiative to come and do this.

Sure, encourage moronic behaviour by rewarding them with free tickets.  Next thing you know there will be other idiots trying to out do them so they can get free tickets as well. If those goofs were "sitting" in front of me, or close enough to infringe on my enjoyment of the game, you better believe I would be complaining.

Archived