Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Should the Canucks give the Green Men free season tickets?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
84 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the Canucks give the Green Men free season tickets? (216 member(s) have cast votes)

would you want the canucks to give the green men free season tickets

1. Yes, they are halarious and i would love to see them there every game (132 votes [61.11%])

Percentage of vote: 61.11%

2. No, nothing they do is worth giving them free season tickets (84 votes [38.89%])

Percentage of vote: 38.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:34 AM

Voted "no". They're funny now and then, but to see them every home game would become annoying very fast.

#62 RIPRYP

RIPRYP

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

green men are the bomb but I feel that they would get old and unable to come up with new material

RIP to the BEST pound for pound fighter the NHL has ever seen. Will be missed.

#63 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,019 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

i say they can discount on tickets.. maybe free to certain games

#64 Gage

Gage

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

not in a million years, they are losers!

#65 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,584 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

82 games is a lot to come up with new material for.

there are only 41 home games though
"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#66 sashcro

sashcro

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

Remember back when the BC Lions hired Krazy George to cheerlead the fans at BC Place? He was awesome! The fans have never come close to equaling what KG was able to get out of pretty much the same fans back then. While the green men dont have the same effect on the fans, I am definitely in favour of the Canucks hiring someone to get the Garage up to the levels that you hear in Chicago, Minnessota, Montreal. We are proud fans, and we have our moments where we rival any fans in the league, but having someone like Crazy George rile the fans up in those quiet moments would be great. The green men are a step in the right direction until this person shows up.

#67 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

No to free tickets. No to the Green Men. :sick:

Agree with all of the people who think they are past their due date. They were funny for a game or two. I do love the idea of them doing some charity work, though.

:towel: :canucks:

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#68 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,258 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

I voted Yes but I wanted an option inbetween. Important games or when the team needs to get pumped up sounds good. Unfortunately those that get paid for ideas in the organization haven't come up with anything yet so good on those guys for at least doing something.

For really big games Johnny Canuck doing a Hacksaw Jim Duggan at center ice before the game would be cool.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#69 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,082 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

I say no. What makes them so special? Their act is getting old fast.
Posted Image

#70 Masamune

Masamune

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:30 PM

GRR! Who else here thinks Fin should have to pay to watch the game like everyone else??? What does he think this is? Communism? That dang immagrant is stealing all the good jobs along with the Green Men! Martians and ocean dwellers need to pay their dues! THIS IS OUR LAND! ROOOOOOOOAHR!!!!!!!!!

#71 ronsmith

ronsmith

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:19 PM

Green Men are geared towards kids under 10 years of age or first year fans just discovering hockey.

Real hockey fans don't need distractions that take away from the skill / drama of the game.

No thanks to the Green Guys.

#72 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,484 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

Posted Image

#73 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

Yeah, in exchange for some charity work in the community. I'm sure the kids in Children's hospital would love to meet them and have pictures with them.

Brilliant idea.
Posted Image

#74 Jason Garrison

Jason Garrison

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:57 PM

They should be given free tickets because they throw off the opposition.

JG
Posted Image
Credit to Henrik Sedin

My PS3 NHL 13 Be A GM Online League. LINK: http://forum.canucks...two-spots-left/

#75 cbones13

cbones13

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

NO!

#76 yung dawg

yung dawg

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:37 PM

There are like 41 or 42 home games but still too much material for them to handle

#77 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:11 AM

This is non-sense. Just because they're goofing around at games doesn't mean they should get free season tickets. This is a business man, this leagues revenues are driven by the gate. Also how do you think this would make life-long season ticket holders feel? People who have been there since day one? the loyal fans who kept renewing their tickets through all the dark times this franchise faced? If anything, maybe some of those guys should get free-seasons tickets for a year for having been so loyal for so long. Or give it to someone who is a hero in the community. There are many more deserving people then the fricken green men.

#78 schneider

schneider

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:19 AM

No, there are many more deserving people that don't get season tickets

like who?

#79 schneider

schneider

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:22 AM

Instead of them give free tickets to charity workers or kids with disabilities they are more deserving but I love the green men when they piss of the the other teams players.

Hahahah why is someone with a disability more deserving?

And someone that works for charity is more deserving than dedicated superfans? They're doing nobler work (in some people's opinions), however, tickets to a CANUCKS game I think, the superfans of the CANUCKS would be most deserving.

Sure, encourage moronic behaviour by rewarding them with free tickets. Next thing you know there will be other idiots trying to out do them so they can get free tickets as well. If those goofs were "sitting" in front of me, or close enough to infringe on my enjoyment of the game, you better believe I would be complaining.

You're that kid that nobody likes.

Edited by schneider, 24 August 2012 - 02:28 AM.

#80 tigbond

tigbond

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:06 AM

Yeah, in exchange for some charity work in the community. I'm sure the kids in Children's hospital would love to meet them and have pictures with them.

If they were given season tickets, they would be at every game and would become very dull very fast.

I think they should be given free playoff tickets as a playoff "mascot" of sorts...in exchange for some community work...

#81 White Goodman

White Goodman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:16 AM

Remember back when the BC Lions hired Krazy George to cheerlead the fans at BC Place? He was awesome! The fans have never come close to equaling what KG was able to get out of pretty much the same fans back then. While the green men dont have the same effect on the fans, I am definitely in favour of the Canucks hiring someone to get the Garage up to the levels that you hear in Chicago, Minnessota, Montreal. We are proud fans, and we have our moments where we rival any fans in the league, but having someone like Crazy George rile the fans up in those quiet moments would be great. The green men are a step in the right direction until this person shows up.

that is a good idea. Get rid of fin and hire the green men. they could become our official mascot.
Posted Image

#82 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • 8,783 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

Maybe 50% off for half of the home games?

Sooooo 25% off?

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#83 Milk Hot Dog

Milk Hot Dog

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

I don't know. I enjoy them when I see them, but It's kind of like leaving the Christmas tree + decorations up all year.
Nobody beats our Canucks' meat !

I don't typically make New Year's Resolutions, but the one thing I want to accomplish in 2012, aka the year of the MILK HOT DOG, is to ARREST SOMEONE. - Kevin WOLVERINE Bieksa (BEE-ecks-ah)

#84 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

Trade those 2 tix for community publicity and charity events and i'd do it in a heartbeat.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#85 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:43 PM

Sure, why not? It's not my money.

This being said, I volunteer myself to receive free tickets for all of next season so I can scout out the best possible seats for their use.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.