39 replies to this topic

#31 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

I actually really liked most wanted...but, I also loved red alert 2, the first game EA put out after taking over the command and conquer series....just to be disappointing time and time again from then on. If I am correct (not too sure if I have it right with nfs), it's a pattern...

It's not a coincidence, and it extends beyond just the Command and Conquer and Need for Speed series' (although Need for Speed has been their property from the start). And it's not just the series themselves, as EA tends to shut down or merge the companies they buyout on a whim.

But as I said in my post for a couple of months ago above, this is going to be another poor burnout clone like the Hot Pursuit remake. It's only Most Wanted, or more specifically only Need for Speed, in name.

Edited by g_bassi13, 01 November 2012 - 01:38 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

#32 Alchemy Time

Alchemy Time

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

I stand corrected. 1. This thread apparently is not dead. 2. This game is actually pretty good.
Posted Image

#33 TIGER SINGH

TIGER SINGH

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

I stand corrected. 1. This thread apparently is not dead. 2. This game is actually pretty good.

It is? how much would you give it out of 10 and what's it like?

Edited by Malhotra #27, 02 November 2012 - 07:32 AM.

Posted Image
Thanks -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

#34 Alchemy Time

Alchemy Time

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

It is? how much would you give it out of 10 and what's it like?

7.5/10. Not a masterpiece, but an entertaining game none the less. People are right to compare it to Burnout Paradise.

Edited by ER15, 04 November 2012 - 09:53 PM.

Posted Image

#35 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

So I watched a couple of gameplay videos and I would much rather just play Burnout Paradise...

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#36 Captain Bob

Captain Bob

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,617 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Playing this on Vita. It's frustrating that every car has it's own set of races and goals. It's hard to keep track.

#37 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

Game is ok for a racing game. The old most wanted was 100x better. You'd think after a few years of doing this you'd have ideas on how to build on previous entries. This game went way backwards in that aspect. Driving parts are fine but the rest of the game is junk. I'll give it a 5/10 for effort.
Posted Image

#38 Alchemy Time

Alchemy Time

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

IGN gave this game 9/10, which was .5 more than AC3. I've completely lost faith in IGN.
Posted Image

#39 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

IGN gave this game 9/10, which was .5 more than AC3. I've completely lost faith in IGN.

I'm surprised you even ever had faith in IGN. They're probably one of the most unreliable gaming critics out there.

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#40 g_bassi13

g_bassi13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

I'm surprised you even ever had faith in IGN. They're probably one of the most unreliable gaming critics out there.

This. No one should be taking the stuff they say seriously. This has been the case for the longest while. They treat every other game released as an instant classic. They deliver the most superficial non-substantive write-ups of everyone out there. The industry of video game "journalism" is already useless and broken on the whole, but they take the crap factor up to another level.

It could be because working in the industry they make friends with the people making these games and don't want to judge them harshly, or maybe it's more like this:

Posted Image

But I've seen them give absurdly high scores to other crappy games that don't deserve them in any respect, like the third episode of the walking dead game, while trashing something pretty good like the 4th episode of the walking dead game, so it's combined with just a general ineptness on their part.

Edit: And I have ended playing this game while over at my friend's place. It truly is just a bad burnout clone. The mechanics are there, but it's just surrounded by such crap. I'd rather just play an older burnout game, or the original Most Wanted. Those are far better games than this.

Edited by g_bassi13, 06 November 2012 - 01:21 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

On the off-chance I die, gbassi, I love you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.