The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SFU Prof info

Tangelos

This is probably a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone here going to SFU has ever had Fernando Aragon Sanchez as a prof. He is teaching one of the three classes for Econ 201 in the fall 2012 semester and I've never heard of him and can't find him on ratemyprof.com. I want to know if he's a good prof or not.

Any help or info would be appreciated

Save yourself and bypass the ECON major. A phenomenal waste of time; if you're truly a slave to capitalism at least take finance. At least that way you'll understand derivatives and will have a proper training in how to screw people out of their money.

Just because I'm getting an econ major doesn't mean I'm going to go work for Lehman brothers and screw poor saps out of their money. It's an open degree that gives you the fundamental knowledge required for many jobs. I believe it's the 2nd or 3rd most demanded degree.

And whether you like capitalism or not, it's the only system that works.

I was being sarcastic - I actually hold my degree in economics (albeit from a far more radical school of thought than what you have probably "accepted").

Honestly though, if you're looking to be trained in a relevant school which will prepare you for the "real" world, you are far better off getting your major in finance. Economists are rarely hired outside of academia/government.

Archived