The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[DISCUSSION] Blake Wheeler

BZRK

He would be the best fit for the 2nd line. He is big (6'5 205 lbs), is a great playmaker (17 goals and 47 assists last year), and can stand up for himself. The questions are, is Winnipeg willing to part with him? Is their need for defense strong enough for them to move him for defense? I think Winnipeg would like to see Edler going back.

Thoughts?

Wheeler was better than Kane last season (in my opinion anyways). They need more offense, Tanev and a 2nd (mentioned above) wouldn't be worth the downgrade to Raymond on offense.

Edler would definitely be overpayment though.

I doubt Wheeler is even available. Be secure with our roster, it is one of the best:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Higgins

Kassian - Lapiere - Hansen

Volpatti - Malholtra - Wiese

Ebbet

Hamhuis -Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Ballard - Tanev

Alberts, Connauton

Schneider

Luongo

Rookies such as Jensen, Connauton and Schroeder will also be knocking on the door.

Come to think of it, many of the Winnipeg players would quite fit the mold that MG would want for the team, being young, rugged players with skill (Kane, Wheeler, By-fu-lu-gee-li-en, Ladd, Bogosian, plus complementary guys like Poni, Antropov and Olli Waffles).

That said, without a doubt he won't come cheap. He scored more than any player on our team not named "Sedin", plus he's finally fulfilling his upside and is still quite young. Burr or Booth as a starting piece with most likely a 1st seems realistic (not willing to part with Edler though).

Good proposal, it should be time to start considering bringing in good young pieces since the Sedins need scoring support.

Blake Wheeler is the Jets best forward and is a fan favourite.

He is as untouchable as anyone our roster.

With Byfuglien, Enstrom, Bogosian, Hainsey, M. Stuart, Clitsome, Potsma, and now Trouba there is not a dire need for a defenseman either (I'm a big Hainsey and Stuart fan).

We would gladly trade you Antropov though if you want a big body up front.

Archived