57 replies to this topic

#31 ahzdeen

ahzdeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,569 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

Make diving a penalty in it's own right by punishing it. If a player dives, the subsequent penalty should be negated.. or make diving a double-minor.

Edited by ahzdeen, 24 August 2012 - 11:30 AM.

#32 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:38 PM

This won't have anything like the impact that the league crackdown on mauling, hooking, mugging (interference) had on the Calgary Flames...

Never mind the Flames, that crackdown signalled the end of Todd Bertuzzi as any kind of effective "power forward".

#33 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

To bad teams and players cant make a list of the blind sacks of garbage that are calling the games with complete bias. These refs will get warnings and then be dragged into the street and stoned for their crimes against hockey !!!! lol :emot-parrot:

what do we live in Afvanistan
Posted Image

#34 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

This idea that the canucks are the most notorious divers in the league is a joke.
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#35 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,680 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:12 PM

This is such a bad idea.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”-Sinclair Lewis

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."-Albert Einstein

#36 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

what do we live in Afvanistan

Afvanistan where we have fanatical fans willing to do anything in the name of hockey !

2zf729h.jpg

"BiG UP"  to TS for the deadly sig !

#37 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:51 AM

Keslers screwed now.

Yeah, combined they'll be about as long as ours will be.

We are terrible divers, at least some of our team anyways, but seriously, Boston and LA are no better. They dive just as much as us. And, (except one Kesler fail) we don't have any one player who constantly over embellishes.
We are all Canucks

Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!
"I'll play on one leg, I don't care" - Ryan Kesler
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#38 Jason Garrison

Jason Garrison

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:48 AM

They are getting rid of Kesler? Jokes

JG
Posted Image
Credit to Henrik Sedin

My PS3 NHL 13 Be A GM Online League. LINK: http://forum.canucks...two-spots-left/

#39 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

The only problem I have, is sometimes it appears as a player dives, like on a tripping call, but really they tripped or fell, or went down too easy. Could a player get a diver's reputation simply by falling too easy or tripping? I'm not talking about embellishing injuries, I'm talking about when a player falls too easily.
Also, one I often hear people call an obvious dive, is when a stick gets near their face, and their head jerks back. While it is obviously a dive if they act hurt, the simple act of throwing their head back is much harder. I don't know about you, but my reaction when something comes at my face, even if it is going to miss, is my head jerks back to avoid it. It's just my natural reaction. Is this diving? Or is it just the natural reaction to something flying at your face. There is a bit of grey area here. But there is a difference between that, and acting like you got hit.
Another one is sometimes a player is winded from a play, but about 2 minutes later they are fine. This also makes the diving call harder, because sometimes a player is faking, and is fine as soon as they get the call, and other times they are just winded, but recover quickly.
I hope the NHL would account for these things, and not assume everything is diving as some fans do.
That being said, I hope they crack down on the diving and try to get it out of the game before it gets worse, as it will if left unchecked. It is a problem.
Posted Image

#40 Sensemaker

Sensemaker

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

I find it ironic that you don't know how to properly use the word "ironic".

Actually, it was used right.

So much for a Canucks Cup run now...

Kesler for sure is screwed.

I bet Raymond will be called for diving over the blue line...

Edited by Sensemaker, 26 August 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#41 lmm

lmm

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

I find it ironic that you don't know how to properly use the word "ironic".

I find it ironic that you thought he was talking about pressing his shirts

#42 NZCanuck

NZCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:52 AM

Could a player get a diver's reputation simply by falling too easy or tripping? I'm not talking about embellishing injuries, I'm talking about when a player falls too easily.

To the best of my knowledge Raymond has been accused of many things but never of being a diver to answer your question :lol:

#43 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:30 AM

This idea that the canucks are the most notorious divers in the league is a joke.

Calgary had more called penaltys for diving than the Canucks lsat year. Tell that to their fans and watch the melt happen.

#44 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:29 AM

As a Scot who was keen on football (soccer) I feel that diving and cheating has ruined a great game...............Spain and Barcelona in particular have made it into an art form with the connivance of the European referees.

Basically they have devised a game where they hold onto the ball by turning their back on the opponent. Then when any kind of tackle is made by the opponent to regain possession they fall over.........this soon culminates in an opponent being booked/sent off and eventually the oposition team refrain from tackling altogether.

Of course then when you deny tackling you encourage all the other more sneaky forms of taking the ball off the man in possession. So it becomes a vicious circle.

Skillful, hard tackling used to be as much of a skill in soccer as passing sjhooting and dribbling ...........but by taking it out, the game has become boring.

I hope Hockey NEVER goes down this route.........

Edited by Bodee, 27 August 2012 - 05:29 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#45 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,765 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

Actually, it was used right.

So much for a Canucks Cup run now...

Kesler for sure is screwed.

I bet Raymond will be called for diving over the blue line...

No, it wasn't used right.

A Canuck being on the panel doesn't make it ironic, especially when it's a backup goalie (Cory Schneider) and/or a defenseman Kevin Bieksa representing the players, neither of which has been known to "dive". The ironic thing would be if someone like Ribeiro brought it up.
Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#46 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,765 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

I find it ironic that you thought he was talking about pressing his shirts

Again, as I wrote to the other person, the situation mentioned is not quite ironic.

It has been said that Kevin Bieksa was the Canuck that brought it up and he in no way has been known to dive or embellish to get calls his way. That's why it's not ironic.

If a diver calls out on diving, that would be ironic and also hypocritical.
Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#47 King_Canuckian

King_Canuckian

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

While a league-wide list is a good start, the players already know who the big-time divers are. And the divers will just become better at it. You won't see as many mini-hops, or pirouettes witha full twist, but players will go down just as easily when they get that tug in the mid-section, or can sense a stick in their feet.

I would push for suspensions. You have a panel of retired players, have like 7 of them to choose from, pre-select whose vote will actually count - say 5 votes (this will eliminate potential bias). Majority rules... if the infraction is deemed to be a dive, and wasn't caught in-game, it's a 1 game suspension. Larger suspensions to repeat offenders as well.

It's only when players start hurting their teams, and their pocketbooks that diving will actually stop. As it stands, more often than not, a dive results in a power play for your team, at worst a 4 on 4 situation. It's very rare that only a dive is called.

#48 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

Want to get rid of diving? Call all penalties.

Right now the game is ruled by opinion rather then law. This should not be, just call penalties all the time they are seen and the diving will go to a bare minimum.

Very true. When the refs put away their whistles depending on the situation, the players take it upon themselves to embellish in order to get the attention of the ref. Call a penalty a penalty no matter what the situation and dives will dwindle down as well.

When I get hacked and slashed, I would embellish just so the ref starts paying more attention as well. I'd rather take a diving penalty sometimes than continue to let the other team get away with murder on my teammates. Cause typically, after the diving penalty, the refs will pay more attention to the opposing team. You accept the diving penalty but make it known to the refs as you head to the box that it was done to show that the other team is getting away with murder. The tactic actually works pretty well.

I can't stand that even at the NHL level, a call is an opinion when it should be a fact. What is called in the first period should be the same damn call in the third period. A slash is a slash no matter who delivered it and at what time.

#49 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

Want to get rid of diving? Call all penalties.

Right now the game is ruled by opinion rather then law. This should not be, just call penalties all the time they are seen and the diving will go to a bare minimum.

Totally agree. Quit putting the whistles away in the playoffs. I don't mind if they let borderline calls go, that's called letting them play and helps the flow of the game. But ignoring obvious penalties, and then making a terrible call later to make up for it is a terrible way of doing business. Letting them play doesn't mean let them do whatever they want.

#50 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,384 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

Think Pokemon battle

NHL used "No more diving rule"

Kesler's effectiveness dropped by 50%
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#51 Smyl ( :

Smyl ( :

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

Bring in replays for diving via off ice offficials.

#52 Smyl ( :

Smyl ( :

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

Bring in replays for diving via off ice offficials.

#53 D-Bo7

D-Bo7

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

So basically now we won't get any calls, and the reffing will still be biased.

So things will be about the same.

#54 Lucic17

Lucic17

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

If this happens the Canucks are in trouble because they are a team full of divers--Kesler, Burrows, Daniel, Henrik, etc, etc

#55 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:48 PM

If this happens the Canucks are in trouble because they are a team full of divers--Kesler, Burrows, Daniel, Henrik, etc, etc

yah bro were screwed , no other team , no other playes , just the ones you listed

should just ban them from playing

i would like to congratulate you on being the 100th person in this thread to drop the same lame fcking joke

congrats

in other news , i heard lucic hooked up with a tranny at a bar during his stanley cup celebrations

the storys been tucked away like that trannys penis

Edited by cIutch, 02 September 2012 - 12:51 PM.

Posted Image

#56 Ashleigh

Ashleigh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

I can't believe no ones mentioned Sidney Crosby. Or is his diving old news now?

#57 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:21 AM

I think Edmonton with Tikanen and all his theatrics (the ultimate cheap shot, pest, antogonist, diver) was the reason the original offsetting minors creating a 4 on 4 was ditched?

4 on 4 against the Oilers was the kiss of death!

This......

Sometimes it looks like part trip and part dive, so what they should do is call coincidentals and NOT give either team a powerplay.

#58 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:27 AM

The diver I disrespect most is Joe Thornton. 230 lb dude who face washes guys then dives?

Remember his BS with Hank at centre ice. And he dives to avoid actually putting some effort in. Marchand is not far behind because he's annoying, but at least he (and Kesler) play hard. Joe thornton; what a wanker!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.