The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

VAN-WPG

With rumours of E.Kane not being happy in the peg and asking for a trade, how about we try to bring the young man back home? What do you guys think it would take to obtain him?

To Van:

E.Kane

To WPG:

N.Jensen, Schroeder, Ballard, 2013 2nd rd pick

Ballard for me is a cap dump. We would need some cap room to sign Kane and the Jets can afford to take on his salary 'cause they are well below the cap ceiling. The Jets get a 1st round centre, a 1st round winger and a #4-5 Dman to go behind Byfuglien, Bogosian, Enstrom along with a pick. We get a high skill level home town guy who will help solidify our second line and could potentially be the face of the franchise years down the road.

Thoughts? underpayment? overpayment?

If a moderate return such as this was all it took to pry Kane out of Winterpeg, I'd do it in a heart beat.

The reality of the situation is it would likely take the following:

VAN: E. Kane

WPG: A. Edler, J. Hansen, N. Jensen, Y. Sauve

Unless Edler refuses to be reasonable during extension negotiations, and Jensen stalls in his development, I'd not touch that with a 10 foot pole. You're trying to trade for a franchise player, say for example you were the GM of the Canucks, and let's say Florida offered you John Madden, Keaton Ellerby, Scottie Upshall and a 2nd round pick for Luongo?

Archived