14 replies to this topic

#1 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

With rumours of E.Kane not being happy in the peg and asking for a trade, how about we try to bring the young man back home? What do you guys think it would take to obtain him?

To Van:

E.Kane

To WPG:

N.Jensen, Schroeder, Ballard, 2013 2nd rd pick

Ballard for me is a cap dump. We would need some cap room to sign Kane and the Jets can afford to take on his salary 'cause they are well below the cap ceiling. The Jets get a 1st round centre, a 1st round winger and a #4-5 Dman to go behind Byfuglien, Bogosian, Enstrom along with a pick. We get a high skill level home town guy who will help solidify our second line and could potentially be the face of the franchise years down the road.

Thoughts? underpayment? overpayment?

Edited by Super_Canuck, 24 August 2012 - 12:48 AM.

#2 Honeydews

Honeydews

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:33 AM

meh. Trading our last 3 firstround pick (hodgson,Jensen,Shroeder) doesnt make sense.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to pwnstar for this amazing kesler sig :)

#3 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,916 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:35 AM

I don't like the thought of trading Jensen but I would do the trade.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#4 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:38 AM

meh. Trading our last 3 firstround pick (hodgson,Jensen,Shroeder) doesnt make sense.

Is Kane not better then both Jensen and Schroeder? Don't forget you're trading your 1st round picks and obtaining another highly quality top 5 1st round pick. Quality over quantity

Edited by Super_Canuck, 24 August 2012 - 12:42 AM.

#5 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,479 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:40 AM

I would rather keep Jensen, but for Kane it would be worth it. Nice proposal.

Pineapple_jumps.gif9rpqmc.jpgPineapple_jumps.gif

Thanks to Blueberries for the awesome sig!

#6 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:12 AM

Winnipeg would have to be in a really desperate spot to make this trade.
I would happily reap the benefits however.
Posted Image

#7 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

I love it but you could add Raymond or even Higgins or Hansen if you add a tad more on there side
Posted Image
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

#8 Canada Hockey Place

Canada Hockey Place

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

TOR: Luongo
WPG: Sweatt, Ashton, Reimer
VAN: Kane
Quando omni flunkus moritati

#9 shawn antoski

shawn antoski

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:37 AM

WPG Would want so much more

N.Jensen, Schroeder, Tanev, Sauve

#10 shadowgoon

shadowgoon

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

If a moderate return such as this was all it took to pry Kane out of Winterpeg, I'd do it in a heart beat.

The reality of the situation is it would likely take the following:

VAN: E. Kane
WPG: A. Edler, J. Hansen, N. Jensen, Y. Sauve

Unless Edler refuses to be reasonable during extension negotiations, and Jensen stalls in his development, I'd not touch that with a 10 foot pole. You're trying to trade for a franchise player, say for example you were the GM of the Canucks, and let's say Florida offered you John Madden, Keaton Ellerby, Scottie Upshall and a 2nd round pick for Luongo?

#11 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

I thought about putting tanev in there but then thought that wouldn't give us much cap relief. Also your proposal isn't much different then mine. You could say Tanev and Ballard are equals. I actually think Ballard is better if given the proper opportunity. And as for Sauve, WPG could probably get a better prospect if not similar with the 2013 2nd rd pick

#12 gwarrior

gwarrior

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

as much as id love to see kane come home, the deal we would have to send ti the jets would almost certainly have to include edler, a 1st, probably hansen, jensen, and schroeder. and thats just way too much to give up.

#13 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,341 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

If a moderate return such as this was all it took to pry Kane out of Winterpeg, I'd do it in a heart beat.

Unless Edler refuses to be reasonable during extension negotiations, and Jensen stalls in his development, I'd not touch that with a 10 foot pole. You're trying to trade for a franchise player, say for example you were the GM of the Canucks, and let's say Florida offered you John Madden, Keaton Ellerby, Scottie Upshall and a 2nd round pick for Luongo?

That goes from underpayment to overpayment. I could see them asking for Edler plus someone like Jensen, but if Kane wants out they aren't going to get it from us. Even if he doesn't want out, we won't offer close to that. As you say, you wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole, but I don' think that's their starting point.

For the OP, they might like Jensen as a part of the deal, but they won't want another depth center and an overpaid D-man. Nothing else entices them to move a budding superstar and they'd surely get better offers elsewhere.

They want a top 6 player (not a prospect) to replace Kane in return, and maybe more depending who the player is. They aren't looking to help teams out with throw in cap dumps and depth players/prospects.

schroedersig2_by_elvis15-d5szksn.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#14 Jason Garrison

Jason Garrison

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:37 AM

I'm okay with the trade. Would be better if Jensen was substituted for someone else.

JG

Edited by Jason Garrison, 25 August 2012 - 03:37 AM.

Posted Image
Credit to Henrik Sedin

My PS3 NHL 13 Be A GM Online League. LINK: http://forum.canucks...two-spots-left/

#15 komodo1970

komodo1970

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Wow, drugs can be fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.