The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

with the lockout on the horizon

krazysl

Couple things, will traing camp still start on reg scheduel and what would it do to players comtracts. If they dont play the year then their contract shouldnt lose a year, so would that mean Lou is signed till 42? Not to mention big reason no one has traded for lou with roll back and cap issues looks like we will be stuck with Lou, and will have to trade schneids. Not so bad, atleast schneids will fetch more in trade bait.

Training camp in the pas has started around September 16th or 17th. That's why the CBA expires on the 15th. So if the CBA expires and there is no deal, then there would be no training camp.

As for how contracts would be affected, that will probably be determined in the new CBA.

The lockout is on Jupiter's horizon. A lot of people are getting all worked up because negotiations are going as they should; both sides have pitched their initial proposals and are trying to meet at a happy medium. Since it's still early in the negotiations, both sides are nowhere near agreeing, or else we wouldn't be in this situation anyways.

Of course, I don't see why the league and NHLPA started the talks this close to the deadline. Unless there's a rule that the two sides cannot talk until a certain date, they could have started negotiating a week or two after the playoffs, or perhaps even earlier.

If you remember back to the previous lockout all of our players who were pending UFA or RFA obtained their respective statuses upon the conclusion of the season after the lockout. Lockout = Employers refuse to pay their employees. If the season is cancelled, the contracts don't age, they remain as they were until business resumes.

I saw Brian Burke, and his posse walking down Bay st. right infront of the ACC yesterday.. Was at a stop light and hollard out the window "Hey Brian lets play some hockey" He didn't aknowlege me, or even look at me for that matter. I guess maybe he's got his head too far up his...

I saw Brian Burke, and his posse walking down Bay st. right infront of the ACC yesterday.. Was at a stop light and hollard out the window "Hey Brian lets play some hockey" He didn't aknowlege me, or even look at me for that matter. I guess maybe he's got his head too far up his...

Sad that the commisioner has taken us to the point where there is a lockout every 5 years. The Stanley Cup was awarded every year since 1915 except for 2 exceptions. One was the Spanish flu epidemic of 1919 and the other was Gary Bettman in 2005. This american lawyer with a basketball background has no business being where he is.

Sad that the commisioner has taken us to the point where there is a lockout every 5 years. The Stanley Cup was awarded every year since 1915 except for 2 exceptions. One was the Spanish flu epidemic of 1919 and the other was Gary Bettman in 2005. This american lawyer with a basketball background has no business being where he is.

Couple things, will traing camp still start on reg scheduel and what would it do to players comtracts. If they dont play the year then their contract shouldnt lose a year, so would that mean Lou is signed till 42? Not to mention big reason no one has traded for lou with roll back and cap issues looks like we will be stuck with Lou, and will have to trade schneids. Not so bad, atleast schneids will fetch more in trade bait.

Archived