Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

with the lockout on the horizon

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 krazysl

krazysl

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:37 AM

Couple things, will traing camp still start on reg scheduel and what would it do to players comtracts. If they dont play the year then their contract shouldnt lose a year, so would that mean Lou is signed till 42? Not to mention big reason no one has traded for lou with roll back and cap issues looks like we will be stuck with Lou, and will have to trade schneids. Not so bad, atleast schneids will fetch more in trade bait.

#2 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,144 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

Training camp in the pas has started around September 16th or 17th. That's why the CBA expires on the 15th. So if the CBA expires and there is no deal, then there would be no training camp.

As for how contracts would be affected, that will probably be determined in the new CBA.
Posted Image

#3 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:17 AM

Good question!
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#4 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

Is there a possibility of a half season. The NBA's half season was excellent, one of there best years ever to watch.

#5 It's Bieksa's Fault

It's Bieksa's Fault

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

The lockout is on Jupiter's horizon. A lot of people are getting all worked up because negotiations are going as they should; both sides have pitched their initial proposals and are trying to meet at a happy medium. Since it's still early in the negotiations, both sides are nowhere near agreeing, or else we wouldn't be in this situation anyways.

Of course, I don't see why the league and NHLPA started the talks this close to the deadline. Unless there's a rule that the two sides cannot talk until a certain date, they could have started negotiating a week or two after the playoffs, or perhaps even earlier.

#6 shadowgoon

shadowgoon

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

If you remember back to the previous lockout all of our players who were pending UFA or RFA obtained their respective statuses upon the conclusion of the season after the lockout. Lockout = Employers refuse to pay their employees. If the season is cancelled, the contracts don't age, they remain as they were until business resumes.

#7 Ktakatch

Ktakatch

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:00 AM

Oh no, hate be stuck with an elite all world goaltender.

#8 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:00 AM

Is there a possibility of a half season. The NBA's half season was excellent, one of there best years ever to watch.

Just like the NHL's half season in 95. Every regular season game meant something.
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#9 ilovekevinbieksa

ilovekevinbieksa

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

I think their contracts stay the same...
Posted Image (One duplicate gif removed by mod to meet size limitations)

#10 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

I saw Brian Burke, and his posse walking down Bay st. right infront of the ACC yesterday.. Was at a stop light and hollard out the window "Hey Brian lets play some hockey" He didn't aknowlege me, or even look at me for that matter. I guess maybe he's got his head too far up his...

#11 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

Living in the past won't get you anywhere

#12 coastal1

coastal1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

Yes, an elite world class goaltender that is not good enough to start in the last 3 playoff games! Elite world class was in the past my friend, like WAS and elite world class goaltender.

#13 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

I saw Brian Burke, and his posse walking down Bay st. right infront of the ACC yesterday.. Was at a stop light and hollard out the window "Hey Brian lets play some hockey" He didn't aknowlege me, or even look at me for that matter. I guess maybe he's got his head too far up his...

I'll finish that for ya:

"...too far up his posse" :bigblush:

/=S=/

#14 Go Faulk Yourself

Go Faulk Yourself

Junko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,321 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

I'll finish that for ya:

"...too far up his posse" :bigblush:

What you did there,

I see it.

ZHRIYwo.gif

St. Louis Blues STHS GM small.png

Colorado Avalanche EHL GM small.png

#15 Underachieving Hero of CDC

Underachieving Hero of CDC

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

Sad that the commisioner has taken us to the point where there is a lockout every 5 years. The Stanley Cup was awarded every year since 1915 except for 2 exceptions. One was the Spanish flu epidemic of 1919 and the other was Gary Bettman in 2005. This american lawyer with a basketball background has no business being where he is.

#16 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,017 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

Sad that the commisioner has taken us to the point where there is a lockout every 5 years. The Stanley Cup was awarded every year since 1915 except for 2 exceptions. One was the Spanish flu epidemic of 1919 and the other was Gary Bettman in 2005. This american lawyer with a basketball background has no business being where he is.

And the Spanish flu epidemic was less nauseating than Gary Bettman.

CMc20QE.gif

Put Gino in the ROH

#17 westcoast

westcoast

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

Unlike the last lockout,which introduced a revamped product that seems to have caught fire I believe the NHL is playing with disaster on this one.

#18 Londonuck

Londonuck

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

The year i left Van i missed my last season due to the lockout. Just back again... :picard:

#19 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,473 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:59 AM

Blame the owners. Bettman does their bidding. If he didn't he wouldn't have the job. Can't blame Bettman for doing the job he's told to do.

HiromiOshimaB.gif

#20 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,473 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:02 AM

Couple things, will traing camp still start on reg scheduel and what would it do to players comtracts. If they dont play the year then their contract shouldnt lose a year, so would that mean Lou is signed till 42? Not to mention big reason no one has traded for lou with roll back and cap issues looks like we will be stuck with Lou, and will have to trade schneids. Not so bad, atleast schneids will fetch more in trade bait.

The last lockout burned a year off contracts. But that was a part of the negotiations. IF there is a lockout and the season is cancelled it will again be decided in negotiations whether a year gets burned off current contracts.

HiromiOshimaB.gif

#21 canidiot

canidiot

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

only one good thing can come from a lockout....betman gets fired.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.