The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What does it mean to be Canadian?

TimberWolf

I strongly disagree. I really hope the people who are voting in our elections and are apart of the community are proud of the country they helped form.

With that said: To me, a Canadian votes in the elections, shows pride in their country (not arrogance) and cares enough about their country to participate or even be concerned for any major political decisions.

To be Canadian is to love watching hockey, eat at Tim Horton's, eat syrup with everything, ride polar bears to school and drink beer, oh I forgot we all live in igloos too.

In reality to be Canadian is to be in general, nice, brave, apologetic, under-rated, not arrogant, generally not racist and tough. We can survive anything.

To be Canadian is to love watching hockey, eat at Tim Horton's, eat syrup with everything, ride polar bears to school and drink beer, oh I forgot we all live in igloos too.

In reality to be Canadian is to be in general, nice, brave, apologetic, under-rated, not arrogant, generally not racist and tough. We can survive anything.

Being a Canadian - holding a Canadian citizenship.

Of course answering the thread's topic wouldn't have made for a fun two pages of people patting each other on the back for being born or living in a particular country. You're all so brave and strong and apologetic and under-rated and nice. And as soon as I receive my citizenship, I'll be just like you.

Being a Canadian - holding a Canadian citizenship.

Of course answering the thread's topic wouldn't have made for a fun two pages of people patting each other on the back for being born or living in a particular country. You're all so brave and strong and apologetic and under-rated and nice. And as soon as I receive my citizenship, I'll be just like you.

Without getting into politics or technicalities I will say only this:

It's is the greatest honour of my life to be a Canadian. For every person who has represented us internationally and done us proud, I aim to follow suit and do my very best to be a good Canadian. It is always in the back of my mind: how do I make sure that I'm being a good Canadian and a good citizen of the world.

Without getting into politics or technicalities I will say only this:

It's is the greatest honour of my life to be a Canadian. For every person who has represented us internationally and done us proud, I aim to follow suit and do my very best to be a good Canadian. It is always in the back of my mind: how do I make sure that I'm being a good Canadian and a good citizen of the world.

Beliefs/opinions that are unsupported by facts are worthless. It doesn't matter if someone thinks the USA is better than Canada. Maybe it could be argued that the USA is a better country given a certain set of criteria.

When compared with our neighbour to the south Canada has

- Universal Healthcare

- Cheaper post-secondary tuition

- Lower violence per capita

- Fewer people imprisoned per capita

- A bigger middle class, less of a division between the rich and poor

- Has been engaged in fewer wars, does not act unilaterally without consulting the global community (i.e. United Nations)

- Treats drug issues as more of a medical issue (although there is still much progress to be made)

- Embraces multiculturalism more so than the United States (melting pot)

Let's see what WillyFox's position is

Archived