The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canada is ripe for major league sports expansion(Conference Board of Canada)

LouKesBurr

I'd love MLB in Vancouver but it is probably never going to happen. AAA ball coming back probably WILL happen at some point.

Both Seattle and Vancouver got cussed out of the NBA. David Stern is the most overrated Commish in any league...ever.

Canada could probably support 3 more NHL team easily. Two more in Ontario and one in Quebec City.

Toronto was on the NFL's radar to get Buffalo, but they really screwed the pooch on that ever happening as they haven't supported the regular season games they were given at Roger's Center.

http://www.theglobea...838/?cmpid=rss1

Don't know if there is a topic for this already but the Conference Board of Canada is basically stating that Canada could hold more NHL teams, more MLS teams, more CFL teams, MLB return to Montreal, and NBA return to Vancouver.

For me personally I'd love to see the NBA return to Vancouver. Basketball is my second favourite sport next to hockey and it gives a cheaper alternative to the Canucks. I also believe Aquillini would not allow a second NBA to collapse like the Grizzlies did. I also think another baseball team would be great for our country.

What's everyone elses thoughts?

Virginia Beach just makes no sense. Its not even in the top 40 American markets, it's mostly tourism, and they don't have an arena. Vancouver may not be the most desirable location, but the NBA should note that we are one of the most ready locations. If Aquillini was to purchase a team and hire the right people, then I could see the team being a decent product.

Don't understand why people want an MLB team. The city would have to build an entirely new stadium which will cost US(taxpayers) more money which then we'll cry because it's they're taking OUR money even though WE want the MLB team here. Plus, baseball is boring. B)

Whereas if we brought in an NBA team, we already have GM Place/Rogers Arena. It'd also be a LOT easier to fill GM Place than a baseball stadium

Would be awesome to see another MLB team in Canada. Alot of support for the Blue Jays as it is almost impossible not to see a Jays hat when out in the public.

I don't see why Ottawa and Halifax or St. John couldn't support a CFL franchise

Archived