The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The nail in the Romney coffin?

Satan's Evil Twin

Because the problem is actually crony capitalism, and Ron Paul represents the free market. Small government, low taxes, no illegal foreign wars or stupid phoney drug wars, a perfect constitutional voting record and incorruptibility are just a few of the things you get with Ron Paul. He's one of the best politicians in Washington.

I haven't watched this election as closely as I did the one in 08...Can somebody explain to me the Romney appeal that gives him a chance? He is anti gay marriage and anti choice and just seems like one of those d bags from highschool who became a businessman.

I was writing a rebuttal to some of the ignorant comments but it will just fall on deaf ears. Let them pat themselves on the back. Here are just a few of my thoughts.

Obama never had the "Black" vote in the 2008 US Presidential election. Many of the states with the highest African-America population by percentage were states that the McCain/Palin ticket won in the electoral college.

Race is socially constructed but if we're to ignore that how can Latino's not be considered "white". They have light toned skin and their ancestry comes from Europe. They are also the fastest growing segment of the American population. So you can't just say whites will be a minority by the year 2032 and not back it up with facts. Even if they are a minority of the population they will still be a minority who holds more wealth and influence when compared with other ethnicity(s).

I hate that people even boil down life in the year 2012 by "race". The second post by the OP is some frightening drivel that I never thought the poster formerly known "Scorpio Ego" was capable of. Complaining about not enough of Y race and X intelligence to get a particular political party elected. If you hate democracy in the West so much (which has it's fair share of problems) why don't you champion for positive change instead of attacking the voter.

Winston Churchill said something along the lines of "Democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried". There will always be a certain amount of corruption, propaganda, and an uninformed electorate that decides who gets political office. Point that out and fight to change and improve that but what you're doing is engaging in intolerance which makes you just as bad as the people you oppose.

Hitler? Or do you think American history started in the 1990s?

Seriously, they alienated the hispanic vote with Romneys "deport all the Mexicans" remarks and Obama already had the black vote. You cant win in America depending only on white votes anymore. And even those are pretty evenly split.

Because the problem is actually crony capitalism, and Ron Paul represents the free market. Small government, low taxes, no illegal foreign wars or stupid phoney drug wars, a perfect constitutional voting record and incorruptibility are just a few of the things you get with Ron Paul. He's one of the best politicians in Washington.

I have no confidence whatsoever that the voting will be fair or accurate since Junior was elected and then reelected.

Romney could be carted around naked in a tub of jello and Im not sure if it would effect the outcome as long as he remains allied to the religious right.

Otherwise Id imagine Obama would win in a landslide.

Archived