The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Samsung loses patent dispute with Apple

Z.Kassian9

This is particularly disappointing because in the end, the consumer loses here. Settlement or otherwise, this will affect Samsung's phone devices, possibly tablets as well, pretty heavily.

And more subjectively, I've had iOS devices before (iPhone, and still use my 4th gen iPod touch to play music in the car).. there's a reason I got a Samsung Note to use as a phone/tablet and not the iCrap devices. Apple is feeling the heat over better products and a superior mobile operating system (Android) so will try and force consumers to their product not by making good products but by engaging in patent wars to limit consumers' choices. All that's going to do is ensure I never get Apple devices again.

Hopefully this doesn't harm Samsung too much as they currently make the best smartphone on the market without a doubt.

I'm looking forward to the newer versions of the Galaxy.

Apple is going into the business of patent trolling and it hurts everybody except their crappy company.

If the performance of my past iPhone 3G wasn't enough reason to never get an Apple product again, this is.

In fact, I'd say this is enough reason to never recommend one of their products to any of my family, friends, and customers ever again.

Hopefully this doesn't harm Samsung too much as they currently make the best smartphone on the market without a doubt.

I'm looking forward to the newer versions of the Galaxy.

Apple is going into the business of patent trolling and it hurts everybody except their crappy company.

If the performance of my past iPhone 3G wasn't enough reason to never get an Apple product again, this is.

In fact, I'd say this is enough reason to never recommend one of their products to any of my family, friends, and customers ever again.

Meh one multibillion dollar company beats another. It does hurt the consumer but it also forces Samsung and others to come up something truly innovative rather than building on products that already exist. I'm not saying i agree with tis ruling but trying to look at the positive side.

Create a phone so unique that apple just shuts up and becomes irrelevant.

Anyone know if apple is going after other companies as well? Basically all touch screen phones and tablets look the same...are they gonna say everyone copied the iPad/iPhone?

Archived