184 replies to this topic

#61 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

I love the Samsung Galaxy S3 and would never choose an iphone over it. Now its up to Apple to one up Samsung and make a phone that surpasses Galaxy S3. I feel that Apple thinks it can't compete with Samsung in terms of tech, so they are spending more time on suing them rather than coming up with the best phone on the market.

For me, i honestly don't care which one i have. Both have pros and cons. Right now, i have the 4S. And I'm satisfied with it, but the S3 IS the better phone (since i tried it) lol. There's no doubt that Samsung is better in tech. Though i think Apple is better in terms of "flashy".

I know for sure, i'm not getting the 5/IOS6.

Posted Image

#62 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

Ok guys lets, not forget, the only reason why Samsung, HTC, or any one of the joes are making Android phones is because of apple. Nothing more, nothing less. The only other reason, why Samsung, Asus, these companies are making tablets, once again, is because of apple. If they never came up with such a silly idea, I don't think anyone else would have. Despite, Apple's rampage right now, a little respect to them. On top of that, not sure why you guys are painting apple as the villain. Samsung as equally tried to sue apple over stupid sh!t. So you guys really have to think on both ends of the item.

Apple suing Samsung. They do have a point. The Galaxy looks like a damn ipad. At least make it look different.
Samsung suing apple. Well excuse me Samsung, The tablet is literally invented by apple, yet you guys are trying to sue Samsung.

I think Apple is already playing it cool. They could easily sue Asus, but no. Asus knows not to mess with the dragon. LOL. I will stop using the word dragon. A lot of uneducated haters right now that don't know whats going on, and on siding against apple rather then knowing both sides of the story.

I loled.

Sounds like youre the one who doesnt understand.

Samsung tabs look like iPads? Lol

It would seem to me that all tablets look like all other tablets to varying degrees.

As for respect for Apple.

No dice. As someone who is big into photography id say i probably have more of a "potential" interest in Apple as they have been the mainstay of graphic arts for a long time.

Yet i have only owned one apple product (iphone 3Gs, which i loved) and hope to never own another one of their products because i simply dont respect them.

Why would i respect a company who doesnt respect its customers by producing products that "lock you in"?
Sent from my iPhone Canucks App

View Postnhlconspiracy, on 21 April 2011 - 02:05 PM, said:

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

#63 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

I loled.

Sounds like youre the one who doesnt understand.

Samsung tabs look like iPads? Lol

It would seem to me that all tablets look like all other tablets to varying degrees.

As for respect for Apple.

No dice. As someone who is big into photography id say i probably have more of a "potential" interest in Apple as they have been the mainstay of graphic arts for a long time.

Yet i have only owned one apple product (iphone 3Gs, which i loved) and hope to never own another one of their products because i simply dont respect them.

Why would i respect a company who doesnt respect its customers by producing products that "lock you in"?

Apple created the tablet market via the iPad. A lot of apple ideas have been stolen over the years by other companies, and I'm glad they took a stand.

We need companies like apple to continually innovate. The mouse you're using was also invented by apple.

Are you CRAZY??? Trade Green for ONE first round pick?? He's restricted after this season.... He WILL get an offer sheet for 7-8 million from a number of teams regardless if he plays another minute for us or not. That offer sheet would be worth 4 first round draft choices.

Some fans overrate their players, and then there is this guy.

#64 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

Apple created the tablet market via the iPad. A lot of apple ideas have been stolen over the years by other companies, and I'm glad they took a stand.

We need companies like apple to continually innovate. The mouse you're using was also invented by apple.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

What, was the PC also invented by Apple? And Ive's design that Apple cashed in on? That was all genius too, wasn't it?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Talk about ignorant.

Edited by Satan's Evil Twin, 27 August 2012 - 10:52 PM.

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

Posted Image Hail to the King (PBUH)! Posted Image

#65 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:14 PM

Lol

A window is a window is a window.

Simply producing a tablet is not an infringement. Using another intellectual property is.

Actually i never use a computer to post here. Used to use my iPhone. Now i type this from my Samsung S3.

It is not my intent to get in circular arguments with anybody. The reason i have avoided saying anything specific is because i know you or someone else will attempt to find an alternate explanation to my points which i intern will have to defend. I see no point in getting involved with the circular argument that is already well under way in this thread. I simply intended to voice my opinion on the subject. In the end either you accept the possibility of corruption and conspiracy or you don't.

Also i find your comments to be very childish. Does taking what i say out of context, paraphrasing and misquoting it make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

Logic at its finest.

#66 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:27 PM

Lol

Simply producing a tablet is not an infringement. Using another intellectual property is.

Actually i never use a computer to post here. Used to use my iPhone. Now i type this from my Samsung S3.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

What, was the PC also invented by Apple? And Ive's design that Apple cashed in on? That was all genius too, wasn't it?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Talk about ignorant.

You guys missed the point. A company should be able to protect what it creates for at least a little while; otherwise, there is no incentive to create things.

Apple did create the first tablet did they not? While you can argue a tablet is just a bigger phone, or a touchscreen computer, the fact that every single tablet look like the iPad is a little annoying. It seems a little dishonest when other companies just blatantly copy the design of something, and then try to argue it's different. FFS look at the Samsung Galaxy; it's an iPhone clone if I've ever seen one.

A window is a window is a window....not relevant.

What is your definition of intellectual property? Because it appears Samsung has broken the governments definition...

Are you CRAZY??? Trade Green for ONE first round pick?? He's restricted after this season.... He WILL get an offer sheet for 7-8 million from a number of teams regardless if he plays another minute for us or not. That offer sheet would be worth 4 first round draft choices.

#67 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Talk about ignorant.

Why are you laughing in caps? Do you think it gives some credence to your argument? Are you actually laughing when you type it?

I've never said PC was invented by apple, did I? I just said the mouse was to illustrate the importance of companies that come up with new things.

No iPhone means there would've been no Galaxy (since it's a clone), which you are all so fond of. No iPad means no Galaxy tablets (no one thought there was a market until apple came up with the iPad). If you can't see a pattern here, then well...

Edited by unknown33429, 27 August 2012 - 11:33 PM.

#68 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:38 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Talk about ignorant.

No no dude.. do some research.

The mouse was actually invented by Apple, at the time named Macintosh, on top of that they also invented The GUI. You can hate apple all you want, but I will give credit were it's due.

As for the immature comment

"What, was the PC also invented by Apple?"

No it wasn't however if the first pc inventor wants to take action against apple back in the day, they should have.

OHh BTW, credit to apple to for inventing the ipod. MP3 players were invented before this, but apple took it too a new level, pretty once again changing the technology world.

Lol

Your "window is a window" is actually a very weak arguement. And you know it. Why come up with such a weak arguement? It's like you are desperatley trying to find ways to say it's ok to copy someone elses idea, but you can't come up with anything good!

The thing is there were no such as thing, as a "tablet" before the IPad came out. anything remotely that functions like the apple Ipad, apple can actually sue the hell outta that company. At this point, apple does have a case against Samsung. Also you should be happy, Samsung got away with only have to pay 1. billion dollars. It could have been worst.

Again, Samsung needs to start inventing their own sh!t.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#69 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:40 PM

Why are you laughing in caps? Do you think it gives some credence to your argument? Are you actually laughing when you type it?

I've never said PC was invented by apple, did I? I just said the mouse was to illustrate the importance of companies that come up with new things.

No iPhone means there would've been no Galaxy (since it's a clone), which you are all so fond of. No iPad means no Galaxy tablets (no one thought there was a market until apple came up with the iPad). If you can't see a pattern here, then well...

I think he was trying to make a weak attempt of attacking apple by mentioning of something innovative not invented by apple. That's my guess.

Lets not forget, the only reason why anyone is using a Samsung galaxy 3, is because of the iphone.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#70 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

Somewhere, Xerox is crying right now. :lol:

Posted Image

Father (Peace be upon You) Satan (Peace be upon You), I call to you (Peace be upon You) from the deepest parts of my heart, I praise your (Peace be upon You) name with every breath of my body, I worship you (Peace be upon You) with every fiber of my being. You (Peace be upon You) shown me what true strength is. You (Peace be upon You) have shown me what true love is. Out of the darkness you (Peace be upon You) came to show me the true light.

My master (Peace be upon You), my father (Peace be upon You) and my friend (Peace be upon You) what a great gift that is.

#71 لني

لني

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,310 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:42 PM

You to morons have zero understanding of IP laws.

No it does not benefit anyone but the "Apples" and certainly not society to prevent others from producing a similar device as long as it doesnt infringe on IP.

The tablet "idea" is not IP. Any more that a bunch of metal with wheels and an engine is IP.

Talk about weak arguments.

Logic at its finest.

#72 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:45 PM

CDC, a Dunning/Kruger forum.

Posted Image

#73 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

:picard:

Apple did not invent the mouse and neither did Xerox. Look up Douglas Engelbart, and no he never worked for Apple.

Also, Apple never invented the tablet. Do I need to post this picture twice in one thread?

Posted Image

Edited by The Situation, 27 August 2012 - 11:49 PM.

Posted Image

#74 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

You to morons have zero understanding of IP laws.

No it does not benefit anyone but the "Apples" and certainly not society to prevent others from producing a similar device as long as it doesnt infringe on IP.

The tablet "idea" is not IP. Any more that a bunch of metal with wheels and an engine is IP.

Talk about weak arguments.

Please enlighten us on what an IP is, since you are the resident expert.

#75 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:52 PM

Apple did not invent the mouse and neither did Xerox. Look up Douglas Engelbart, and no he never worked for Apple.

Also, Apple never invented the tablet. Do I need to post this picture twice in one thread?

Fair enough...but here's how you obtain things legally:

"During an interview, he says "SRI patented the mouse, but they really had no idea of its value. Some years later it was learned that they had licensed it to Apple for something like $40,000"

This is similar to what the courts are making Samsung do...Samsung..start inventing, or paying others when copying their products.

#76 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:54 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBEtPQDQNcI

Edited by The Situation, 27 August 2012 - 11:54 PM.

Posted Image

#77 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:54 PM

Posted Image

Oh yeah. iFail. :picard:

Thanks.

Posted Image

#78 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:59 PM

Oh yeah. iFail. :picard:

Thanks.

Hey,

A jury of your peers decided you're wrong and apple is copying Samsung.....

#79 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

Fair enough...but here's how you obtain things legally:

"During an interview, he says "SRI patented the mouse, but they really had no idea of its value. Some years later it was learned that they had licensed it to Apple for something like $40,000"

This is similar to what the courts are making Samsung do...Samsung..start inventing, or paying others when copying their products.

Getting a licensing deal is not inventing like you repeatedly mentioned.

Also, the mouse was a completely new invention. Touch phones and tablets are not. You seem to think that touch phones and tablets are fully patented inventions by Apple.
Posted Image

#80 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:07 AM

Getting a licensing deal is not inventing like you repeatedly mentioned.

Also, the mouse was a completely new invention. Touch phones and tablets are not. You seem to think that touch phones and tablets are fully patented inventions by Apple.

The difference is you pay someone outside your company to licence, and you pay internally for inventions...the point still remains, people should be able to protect their inventions.

I never said touch screen phones are "completely" patented inventions, but there surely are things you can patent whether it be some software, UI etc. which Samsung has infringed.

This argument is moot since Samsung already lost and has to pay. I'm sure you're humble enough to realize the judges and IP lawyers know more than you, and the jury would as well after the case...and they've decided Samsung infringed..

Edited by unknown33429, 28 August 2012 - 12:08 AM.

#81 Satan's Evil Twin

Satan's Evil Twin

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:08 AM

Hey,

A jury of your peers decided you're wrong and apple is copying Samsung.....

You must be like 12 years old if you think anything conclusive has been established.

And "my" peers? :sadno:

Posted Image

#82 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:12 AM

You must be like 12 years old if you think anything conclusive has been established.

And "my" peers? :sadno:

It was a joke...sort of making fun of the conventional way people talk.

Also, before making assumptions on my age, I will remind you that you tried to create a window argument for something as complex as a hardware/software IP. :)

#83 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:16 AM

The difference is you pay someone outside your company to licence, and you pay internally for inventions...the point still remains, people should be able to protect their inventions.

I never said touch screen phones are "completely" patented inventions, but there surely are things you can patent whether it be some software, UI etc. which Samsung has infringed.

This argument is moot since Samsung already lost and has to pay. I'm sure you're humble enough to realize the judges and IP lawyers know more than you, and the jury would as well after the case...and they've decided Samsung infringed..

Samsung is still appealing and similar court battles are raging across the world.

A similar case in South Korea has found that Samsung did not copy the iPhone and that both sides infringed on each other . So I am guessing the judges, lawyers and jury in South Korea knows something the American jury does not? http://www.law.com/j...=20120728031101
Posted Image

#84 ckamo

ckamo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:25 AM

Samsung is still appealing and similar court battles are raging across the world.

A similar case in South Korea has found that Samsung did not copy the iPhone and that both sides infringed on each other . So I am guessing the judges, lawyers and jury in South Korea knows something the American jury does not? http://www.law.com/j...=20120728031101

I'm not going to pretend that I know a lot about technology or patentings or anything. I just want to point out that it's not surprising that the Korean case ended in favour of Samsung. Samsung is a Korean company after all, and I would think the Koreans would want to protect their own companies (and from what my Korean friends tell me, everyone there uses LG or Samsung phones anyway?). I personally am more interested in seeing how "neutral" countries see it.

#85 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:26 AM

I'm not going to pretend that I know a lot about technology or patentings or anything. I just want to point out that it's not surprising that the Korean case ended in favour of Samsung. Samsung is a Korean company after all, and I would think the Koreans would want to protect their own companies (and from what my Korean friends tell me, everyone there uses LG or Samsung phones anyway?). I personally am more interested in seeing how "neutral" countries see it.

Apple is an American company and they would want to protect their own corporations.

I would hardly consider the USA to be neutral.
Posted Image

#86 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:26 AM

No doubt this goes to the supreme court in US. Samsung doesn't have much of a chance until the supreme court, since successful appeals are very tough....Also, Korea is not relevant in the BIG picture, since if an injunction is called by a US court....well...say goodbye to any future Samsung Galaxy (at least in apple clone form)..

No disrespect to Korea, but the US market is pretty important..

Edited by unknown33429, 28 August 2012 - 12:27 AM.

#87 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:29 AM

No doubt this goes to the supreme court in US. Samsung doesn't have much of a chance until the supreme court, since successful appeals are very tough....Also, Korea is not relevant in the BIG picture, since if an injunction is called by a US court....well...say goodbye to any future Samsung Galaxy (at least in apple clone form)..

You were saying the whole argument was moot because the US court ruled in favour of apple. I am saying that its not quite over (even in the USA) and other courts have not reached the same conclusions as this one.
Posted Image

#88 ckamo

ckamo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

Apple is an American company and they would want to protect their own corporations.

I would hardly consider the USA to be neutral.

Exactly. That was actually my point.

Someone posted rulings from the UK and Germany and I don't know just exactly how neutral those countries are, but those just seem more interesting to me.

Edited by ckamo, 28 August 2012 - 12:33 AM.

#89 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:35 AM

Exactly. That was actually my point.

Someone posted rulings from the UK and Germany and I don't know just exactly how neutral those countries are, but those just seem more interesting to me.

My bad, since you didn't mention Apple and this California court, I thought you were saying that only the Koreans were bias.

Yeah that was me. These court battles are raging all around the world.

Edited by The Situation, 28 August 2012 - 12:36 AM.

Posted Image

#90 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

You were saying the whole argument was moot because the US court ruled in favour of apple. I am saying that its not quite over (even in the USA) and other courts have not reached the same conclusions as this one.

It's going to be pretty tough to argue against:

"as well as "trade dress," a claim to the overall look and feel of a device."

I reiterate my point that successful appeals are generally very tough, but this has already done damage to their stock price/company image.

Edit: I'm assuming apple is appealing in those countries as well, but the big fish is the US. If Samsung loses there, it'll get pretty ugly for that company.

Edited by unknown33429, 28 August 2012 - 12:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.