The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Samsung loses patent dispute with Apple

Z.Kassian9

I love the Samsung Galaxy S3 and would never choose an iphone over it. Now its up to Apple to one up Samsung and make a phone that surpasses Galaxy S3. I feel that Apple thinks it can't compete with Samsung in terms of tech, so they are spending more time on suing them rather than coming up with the best phone on the market.

Ok guys lets, not forget, the only reason why Samsung, HTC, or any one of the joes are making Android phones is because of apple. Nothing more, nothing less. The only other reason, why Samsung, Asus, these companies are making tablets, once again, is because of apple. If they never came up with such a silly idea, I don't think anyone else would have. Despite, Apple's rampage right now, a little respect to them. On top of that, not sure why you guys are painting apple as the villain. Samsung as equally tried to sue apple over stupid sh!t. So you guys really have to think on both ends of the item.

Apple suing Samsung. They do have a point. The Galaxy looks like a damn ipad. At least make it look different.

Samsung suing apple. Well excuse me Samsung, The tablet is literally invented by apple, yet you guys are trying to sue Samsung.

I think Apple is already playing it cool. They could easily sue Asus, but no. Asus knows not to mess with the dragon. LOL. I will stop using the word dragon. A lot of uneducated haters right now that don't know whats going on, and on siding against apple rather then knowing both sides of the story.

I loled.

Sounds like youre the one who doesnt understand.

Samsung tabs look like iPads? Lol

It would seem to me that all tablets look like all other tablets to varying degrees.

As for respect for Apple.

No dice. As someone who is big into photography id say i probably have more of a "potential" interest in Apple as they have been the mainstay of graphic arts for a long time.

Yet i have only owned one apple product (iphone 3Gs, which i loved) and hope to never own another one of their products because i simply dont respect them.

Why would i respect a company who doesnt respect its customers by producing products that "lock you in"?

Apple created the tablet market via the iPad. A lot of apple ideas have been stolen over the years by other companies, and I'm glad they took a stand.

We need companies like apple to continually innovate. The mouse you're using was also invented by apple.

Why are you laughing in caps? Do you think it gives some credence to your argument? Are you actually laughing when you type it?

I've never said PC was invented by apple, did I? I just said the mouse was to illustrate the importance of companies that come up with new things.

No iPhone means there would've been no Galaxy (since it's a clone), which you are all so fond of. No iPad means no Galaxy tablets (no one thought there was a market until apple came up with the iPad). If you can't see a pattern here, then well...

You to morons have zero understanding of IP laws.

No it does not benefit anyone but the "Apples" and certainly not society to prevent others from producing a similar device as long as it doesnt infringe on IP.

The tablet "idea" is not IP. Any more that a bunch of metal with wheels and an engine is IP.

Talk about weak arguments.

You to morons have zero understanding of IP laws.

No it does not benefit anyone but the "Apples" and certainly not society to prevent others from producing a similar device as long as it doesnt infringe on IP.

The tablet "idea" is not IP. Any more that a bunch of metal with wheels and an engine is IP.

Talk about weak arguments.

Fair enough...but here's how you obtain things legally:

"During an interview, he says "SRI patented the mouse, but they really had no idea of its value. Some years later it was learned that they had licensed it to Apple for something like $40,000"

This is similar to what the courts are making Samsung do...Samsung..start inventing, or paying others when copying their products.

Archived