48 replies to this topic

#1 gjoseph89

gjoseph89

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

It would be nice if Kevin Connauton and Nicklas Jenson stick this year. It seems like its been awhile since we had top prospects stick cause we are contending for the cup and veterans always push prospects down. It was kinda good in a way cause then guys like Cannauton and Schroeder can play alot in the minors to develope more. I really hope Kevin and Nicklas stay cause depth on defence hasn't been filled by one of our guys for sometime. It would be nice to have a breakout rightwinger for a change. Its time to start filling out our roster with guys we drafted. Has anyone seen them play regularely that can give insight on them?

#2 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

"cause" short for "because" is not a real word champ
Sorry

#3 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,899 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:56 AM

Edler - Garrison
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Ballard - Tanev

Unless one d man (or both) on the bottom pair gets traded, Connauton* won't be cracking the line up this year.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#4 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:02 AM

I would like to see Schroeder step up and take that 2nd line spot by the horns while kesler is out. We've been waiting a while on this kid and there was decent hype about him when we picked him.
Would be nice to see him play second PP like Hodgson did and pot a few good goals.
Unfortunately from what I've seen of him, mist his goals are tap ins, doesn't seem to have as good a shot as cody

#5 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

Next year (2013-2014) I would love to see Jensen, Schroeder, Lack and Cannauton all contribute.
Kassian should improve and having some good young guys who can play regular top 9 minutes and fill in top 6 would be great. I feel like that's why LA had success with their bottom 6- young guys with size who could skate

#6 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

Look at our lines right now... There isn't room for prospects, and remember we could potentiall sign Doan or Arnott.
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#7 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,328 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

...depth on defence hasn't been filled by one of our guys for sometime. It would be nice to have a breakout rightwinger for a change. Its time to start filling out our roster with guys we drafted. Has anyone seen them play regularely that can give insight on them?

Chris Tanev says hi.

But other than that we have specific threads on each of our top prospects in the Prospects forum: Canucks Prospects & Chicago Wolves

schroedersig2_by_elvis15-d5szksn.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#8 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

Neither are making the team full-time this year.
Posted Image

#9 freebass

freebass

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

POPULAR

I would like to see Schroeder step up and take that 2nd line spot by the horns while kesler is out. We've been waiting a while on this kid and there was decent hype about him when we picked him.
Would be nice to see him play second PP like Hodgson did and pot a few good goals.
Unfortunately from what I've seen of him, mist his goals are tap ins, doesn't seem to have as good a shot as cody

"mist" instead of "most" not the right word champ
sorry.

I never thought this forum would ever be any good but this whole penis thing is pretty awesome.

I said we lost to USA because of ARE GOALTENDING!!! do you know how to read?

#10 Canuck250

Canuck250

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

POPULAR

Sorry

Do you have a hard time making friends? People will talk how they want to talk, unless you are a teacher marking a test stfu

#11 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:56 AM

Do you have a hard time making friends? People will talk how they want to talk, unless you are a teacher marking a test stfu

I hear ya, Canucks250...the literary giants on the boards crack me up. These guys must be English literature grad students frustrated with themselves because they can't find meaningful work in their chosen academic field. Sad, especially when all those reading the posts are fully aware of what is being stated in spite of spelling/grammatical oversights...really, who cares if there are these errors? Obviously, the literary Napoleons do (yeah...that was a rhetorical question, eretz and freebase).

I agree with Jager...it doesn't look good for permanent roster spots for Connauton/Jensen this coming season. Though it would help the team get younger and add some youthful enthusiasm into the roster, there's too many guys ahead of them on the depth chart. Hopefully Connauton has another big year in the AHL and Jensen lights it up in the SEL.

#12 Wheels22

Wheels22

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

Man, I sure hope Cody Hodgson and Sergei Shirokov stick!

#13 rawkdrummer

rawkdrummer

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:59 AM

sorry.

Your spelling corrections make me laugh but...
I wish you could contribute something more to the thread den dat spelling corrections you've posted.

Personally I find Jensen (not Jenson OP) and Gaunce our most intriguing prospects due to their projected skill levels and size but I don't think we'll being seeing them much this year.

Edited by rawkdrummer, 25 August 2012 - 11:09 AM.

#14 coastal1

coastal1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

Look at our lines right now... There isn't room for prospects, and remember we could potentiall sign Doan or Arnott.

Perfect, two more past-prime time slow players while MG says we need to become younger and faster.

#15 MrBuns

MrBuns

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

POPULAR

sorry.

You knew exactly what he meant, stop making yourself look like an ass.

#16 ilovekevinbieksa

ilovekevinbieksa

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

i would only think that cannauton would play is 2 d-men got injured...
same with jensen. he's probably maybe the 2nd or 3rd call up incase more players get injured.
i have a feeling that lack is gonna back up schneider if luongo leaves.
i want schroeder to fill in for kesler until he returns :bigblush:
Posted Image (One duplicate gif removed by mod to meet size limitations)

#17 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

Jensen has all training camp to make an impression, after that, he's back to Europe.

I can see Kassian, Schroeder making the team, but not K-Conn unless we unload Ballard. For now, I'd like to stick with Ballard tho.
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#18 gjoseph89

gjoseph89

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

This was my time posting a thread. Thanks there spelling police. I was a bit nervous writing this for that exact reason. I've seen some threads with really bad spelling and the police were all over them too. I like some of our fans insight on the team, but what i am learning is that some our fans are real jerks too.
Do you guys think Tanev is still a prospect for us, he seemed to be in the lineup pretty steady. I just think its fun to see a blend of our homegrown talent to be in with the veteran team. Detroit has done it for a long time and our team is almost mirrored to how they run their team.

#19 -________________________-

-________________________-

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

Schroeder actually has a very good shot, although I haven't watched him much in the AHL. I really have high hopes for this guy, probably not as good as hogdson offensively, but definitely NHL worthy. Solid 2 way forward

#20 ridehard1212

ridehard1212

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

Sorry

u sir need to get urself som tail.. and stop worryen how peeps spell on a hockey forum.. like really it bothers u that much?? lol
I dont give a rat arz about my spelling/grammer mistakes,get over it and up urs if it bothers u!!!!

#21 ridehard1212

ridehard1212

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

sorry.

and larry number 2 goes to u my friend.. maybe u can all hook up and talk about how to spell and write and how u r 40 yr old virgins
I dont give a rat arz about my spelling/grammer mistakes,get over it and up urs if it bothers u!!!!

#22 gjoseph89

gjoseph89

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

Thanks guys, i appreciate the support. I have read these forums for years but too chicken to contribute. Feels good just to chip and be one of the boys

#23 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

POPULAR

Obviously it was meant ironically, because Eretz had just corrected the OP on his spelling. Then he continued to make his own spelling errors. He even used the same format Eretz used.
So those criticizing him, he wasn't doing to it to correct his spelling. He was doing it to make him look foolish for trying to make someone else look foolish.

61c1f524-b05e-4da1-b54d-e7ac1d87c904.jpg

#24 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

Schroeder actually has a very good shot, although I haven't watched him much in the AHL. I really have high hopes for this guy, probably not as good as hogdson offensively, but definitely NHL worthy. Solid 2 way forward

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_ZXM1Lo4NI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTAFkwyhTNk

Firstly, Schroeder does not have a very good shot. As those videos show, he's got an excellent ability to get the puck up and pick the corners from close quarters, which is a very important and valuable skill, but that does not equate a good shot. Schroeder has a hard shot, but often misses the net trying to pick corners and does not have a very accurate shot.

You can see in this article from the Province from earlier this summer that Schroeder admits this: http://www.theprovin..._medium=twitter

Schroeder knows that to be successful in the NHL as a small player, you have to be able to put up points. While his speed created scoring chances for him in the AHL, he didn’t convert often enough — and that’s something he wants to rectify.

“I really want to work on my shot this summer,” said Schroeder, who works out in the off-season in his suburban Minneapolis hometown of Lakeville with the likes of NHLers Zach Parise, Kyle Okposo, Drew Stafford and Bryce Salvador.

“I think I can put up a lot more goals than I did this year. It was a big step for me to hit 21 goals, but I think I could have taken off in that area if I would have hit the net more or kept it down and hit the right spots.”

Secondly, I think Schroeder is just as good and could be better than Hodgson offensively. He is smaller, but Schroeder is strong enough on his feet, is able to create chances out of nothing with his speed and has the ability to turn on a dime and accelerate away from the check - something Hodgson will never be able to do. On the plus, Schroeder is also a better two-way player.

It remains to be seen if Schroeder can translate his game from the AHL to the NHL - that's the only thing that Hodgson hold above Schroeder - that he's already an NHL regular. But Schroeder was drafted a year after Hodgson, and if he makes it this year, I don't see why he wouldn't be as good as Hodgson, if not better - mainly because of his speed.

The only thing Hodgson had over Schroeder is his size (and as of last season - his shot, but Shroeder isn't too far off - as for playmaking ability, I tip my hat to Schroeder even at this point), and Hodgson's size isn't something he can use to his advantage - it's just that Hodgson's big enough for his size to not be a concern. So as long as Schroeder can overcome his size issue, I think he has a better skillset to be come a better player than Hodgson.

Edited by Dasein, 25 August 2012 - 12:34 PM.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#25 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

Sorry

wow.

Your vs You're is one thing, but someone using a common shortening of a word and typing it out correctly is something you're just going to have to get used to.

Also, seems like you 'mist' your own point when you made your own spelling mistake. But unlike the OP who used a correctly spelled and common truncation of the word because, you literally used a word that makes no contextual sense.

To further clarify other points you've made:

The saying is "grab the bull by the horns" or "grab it by the horns". Its not "take that (long drivel) by the horns"... theres a certain point where maybe a different saying would make more sense.

We haven't been waiting on this kid, we've been waiting FOR this kid.

Your sentence beggining with "would" should have "it" before it, as in "It would be good..." Also there is no reason to start a new paragraph while you're still talking about the same thing.

The next sentence also is not a new paragraph, as its building on the previous sentence.

"as good a shot as" is actually spelled "as good of a shot as"

Either you said "missed" or "most." If you meant most, then it would be written as "most of his goals" rather than "mist his goals", the latter making more sense for the word "missed" until later on in the sentence when it wouldn't make as much sense.

Brackets which explain a statement should be connected to that statement(like this).

Cannauton is spelled Connaughton (twice)

There is no need to make a new paragraph after your list of players.

"Kassian should improve and having some good young guys who can play regular top 9 minutes and fill in top 6 would be great." is wrong in lots of ways. Top 9 minutes, but top 6 what then? Are the 'good young guys filling in top 6 would be great', or is Kassian 'filling in top 6 would be great', or is that just another part of a list with dissimilar contexts. You list "Kassian should improve and". with the implication being that Kassian would do something other than improve, but then you say that he will improve and having some good young guys... which I dont think Kassian can 'do' unless you know something about Kassian that I dont. Then you add an other 'and' when you say and fill in top 6, so you have 3 different lists all added together and attributed to either 'Kassian should', 'having some good young guys', and 'fill in top 6 would'.

OK. Then your final statement of "I feel like that's why LA had success with their bottom 6- young guys with size who could skate"

I have no idea why 6 is hyphenated with nothing, if you meant to attribute a list to 'bottom 6' you could have used a colon. If you're saying that LA's bottom 6 had young guys with size who could also skate, then why didn't you just say that?

Straight up, you probably shouldn't troll people who state their own opinions while using shortened REAL words that are used in REAL life. You clearly don't have a good enough grasp of the English language to be condescendingly calling someone you've never met 'champ' while he was trying to express his opinion. I haven't taken English in years, and only one course at the university level, so I'm sure there's more wrong with what you wrote than I could see.

Don't throw [champ] when you live in a [grammatically incorrect] house.

Edited by gushybear, 25 August 2012 - 12:55 PM.

July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#26 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

I'm 27, a physician, my fiancé is a model, but u r right banging her is way better than correcting your spelling mistakes, and yes, while I work 6 days a week, I should work more
Thanks for the life coaching guys

#27 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

I'm 27, a physician, my fiancé is a model, but u r right banging her is way better than correcting your spelling mistakes, and yes, while I work 6 days a week, I should work more

#28 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

POPULAR

Way to go, champ. So much cred, bro.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#29 shawn antoski

shawn antoski

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

I'm 14, a psycho, my fiancé is a poodle , but u r right banging her is way better than correcting your spelling mistakes, and yes, while I puke 6 days a week, I should puke more

Edited by shawn antoski, 25 August 2012 - 01:22 PM.

#30 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

pics or it didn't happen

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.