The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

two prospects that i hope stick

gjoseph89

Guest Dasein

Schroeder actually has a very good shot, although I haven't watched him much in the AHL. I really have high hopes for this guy, probably not as good as hogdson offensively, but definitely NHL worthy. Solid 2 way forward

It would be nice if Kevin Connauton and Nicklas Jenson stick this year. It seems like its been awhile since we had top prospects stick cause we are contending for the cup and veterans always push prospects down. It was kinda good in a way cause then guys like Cannauton and Schroeder can play alot in the minors to develope more. I really hope Kevin and Nicklas stay cause depth on defence hasn't been filled by one of our guys for sometime. It would be nice to have a breakout rightwinger for a change. Its time to start filling out our roster with guys we drafted. Has anyone seen them play regularely that can give insight on them?

There is always room for someone to MAKE the team.  The problem is that they have to beat someone else out - that means they have to be outstanding - everyone here now beat out someone who was established - Bieksa, Hansen, Raymond, the Sedins, Edler, Schneider, etc.  Last year, Hodgson did.

Connautan wasn't great last pre-season, and he'll need about 4 injuries at once to make the team.

Jensen on the otherhand is my dark-horse favourite to start the season on our 3rd line with Hansen. He was by far our best player last preseason and outshone a lot of our regulars too. Then he has a great little stint in the AHL with something like 4 goals in 6 playoff games so proved that he can come through when it matters most.

The Canucks didn't really bolster their depth at all this off-season (only really swapped Salo for Garrison) so Jensen has a good chance to make the team if there is a season in a few months time. I'd love to see this to start us off on opening night:

Sedin - Sedin - Booth (Booth had success with the twins down the stretch)

Burrows - Lapierre - Higgins (Burr and Lappy have proven chemistry, as do the 2 ex-Canadiens)

Jensen - Malhotra - Hansen (Perfect mix of experience, youth, grit, speed, size and skill)

Raymond - Pinizotto - Kassian (Again perfect mix of speed, size, toughness and offensive skill, Pinizotto can play center)

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Tanev

Alberts

Joslin

Archived