Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

two prospects that i hope stick

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#31 PunjabiCanuck

PunjabiCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

Switch Tanev and cannauton once in a while an just see who plays better

#32 CityinFlames

CityinFlames

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

"I'm 27, a asshole, my fiancé is my right hand, but u r right banging my hand is way better than correcting your spelling mistakes, and yes, while I wank 6 days a week, I should work more.
Thanks for the life coaching guys."

#33 Hafizzle

Hafizzle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

"cause" short for "because" is not a real word champ
Sorry

Does this mean I can't use 'lol' anymore? Must I say laugh out loud? :(

#34 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

k liek u gayz. i hope dey stik arond two.
Posted Image

#35 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

It would be nice if Kevin Connauton and Nicklas Jenson stick this year. It seems like its been awhile since we had top prospects stick cause we are contending for the cup and veterans always push prospects down. It was kinda good in a way cause then guys like Cannauton and Schroeder can play alot in the minors to develope more. I really hope Kevin and Nicklas stay cause depth on defence hasn't been filled by one of our guys for sometime. It would be nice to have a breakout rightwinger for a change. Its time to start filling out our roster with guys we drafted. Has anyone seen them play regularely that can give insight on them?

There is always room for someone to MAKE the team. The problem is that they have to beat someone else out - that means they have to be outstanding - everyone here now beat out someone who was established - Bieksa, Hansen, Raymond, the Sedins, Edler, Schneider, etc. Last year, Hodgson did.

#36 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

Jensen could be a legit offensive threat in this league but I'm not sure how ready he is yet. As for Connauton, he`ll probably be our 8th defenseman so I don`t see him sticking around for at least another 2 years.

#37 gjoseph89

gjoseph89

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

There is always room for someone to MAKE the team.  The problem is that they have to beat someone else out - that means they have to be outstanding - everyone here now beat out someone who was established - Bieksa, Hansen, Raymond, the Sedins, Edler, Schneider, etc.  Last year, Hodgson did.

Its just wishful thinking. Just wishing one of the young guns would just break the door down and say i have arrived. It was nice to see Scheider make Coach V's job hard when it came to writing a goalie on the starting lineup. I guess thats the fun part about watching sports. Not knowing whats going to happen or if a young prospect can come out of nowhere and put pressure on the vets. We could use that to spice up the year. I think it would be hard for anyone on the farm to make the team, but it would sure be nice.

#38 sdnucksfan

sdnucksfan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

I'm 27, a physician, my fiancé is a model, but u r right banging her is way better than correcting your spelling mistakes, and yes, while I work 6 days a week, I should work more
Thanks for the life coaching guys

QUICK GUYS, GUESS THE MOVIE!

#39 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:45 AM

Both need another solid year of development, I think.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#40 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

Connautan wasn't great last pre-season, and he'll need about 4 injuries at once to make the team.

Jensen on the otherhand is my dark-horse favourite to start the season on our 3rd line with Hansen. He was by far our best player last preseason and outshone a lot of our regulars too. Then he has a great little stint in the AHL with something like 4 goals in 6 playoff games so proved that he can come through when it matters most.

The Canucks didn't really bolster their depth at all this off-season (only really swapped Salo for Garrison) so Jensen has a good chance to make the team if there is a season in a few months time. I'd love to see this to start us off on opening night:

Sedin - Sedin - Booth (Booth had success with the twins down the stretch)
Burrows - Lapierre - Higgins (Burr and Lappy have proven chemistry, as do the 2 ex-Canadiens)
Jensen - Malhotra - Hansen (Perfect mix of experience, youth, grit, speed, size and skill)
Raymond - Pinizotto - Kassian (Again perfect mix of speed, size, toughness and offensive skill, Pinizotto can play center)

Edler - Garrison
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Ballard - Tanev
Alberts
Joslin
Posted Image

#41 gjoseph89

gjoseph89

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

Thanks for the insight on my first post. I live between Vancouver and Alaska so watching live games doesn't happen too much. There is alot of fans in Prince Rupert and west of Prince George. Canuck nation is strong up this way. Hopefully i can watch a game in the new year and see our team fly high. As for the clown trying to be Mr. Big Brain, i'll work on my spelling just for you. I didn't know we were being graded for making a post. If it makes you feel better to correct people then you must feel pretty good all the time. Nobody likes a A-hole so lighten up and be nice. Your a Doctor for peats sake, try set an example next time instead of looking like the big shot.

#42 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,026 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:05 AM

If you've seen a lot of models, they are stick figures with poofy lips. No thanks, I'll take a real woman with lots of curves in all the right places over that.

Back on topic, I just hope there's a season so that our prospects can even fight for a job. Because it's not looking good right now.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#43 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

This is worth watching. I really think he could take 2nd line centre spot while Kes is out. LOOK AT THE PLAYER HE'S COMPARED TO! SURE IT DOESN'T MEAN MUCH, BUT IT SURE SPEAKS OF HIS TALENT AND HOCKEY IQ.
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#44 Dancin'Droid

Dancin'Droid

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fRgq7EekVpc

This is worth watching. I really think he could take 2nd line centre spot while Kes is out. LOOK AT THE PLAYER HE'S COMPARED TO! SURE IT DOESN'T MEAN MUCH, BUT IT SURE SPEAKS OF HIS TALENT AND HOCKEY IQ.

That is a steal pick if Jordan ends up like Yzerman.

DancingAndroidYellow-1.gif

2013 Kent Jr. Football Champion

2014 Bronze Boot

2014 Kent Sr. Football Champion

2014 SWOSSA Football Finalist 

#45 DutchieBang

DutchieBang

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

k liek u gayz. i hope dey stik arond two.

this cracked me up hahaha
Posted Image

#46 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

this cracked me up hahaha

It's tough to write like that. Sadly, for some people, that is the only way they know how to write :unsure:
Posted Image

#47 DutchieBang

DutchieBang

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

It's tough to write like that. Sadly, for some people, that is the only way they know how to write :unsure:

sad but true lol :picard:
Posted Image

#48 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

I agree. I hope Taniv and Jenson stick with the team. It would be cool if Shrador made the team while Kessler is out as well.

My apologies. But I honestly can't stand that. Canucks fan? Please.

#49 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,957 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:49 AM

He was more recently compared to a less selfish Patrick Kane in the Canucks Army top 20 prospect profiles. While I don't think he'll end up with Yzerman or Kane type numbers, he could be a good poor man's version of them.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.