The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best Canucks lines, whats yours?

CoreyPerry

Ok I was thinking about this today thought it would be fun. Choose your best offensive and defensive lines from any year but the line had to have been together for all or most of the year. I do not know the players from the early era so youll see its not too creative lol.

1st line Bure - Linden - Adams (93/94)

2nd line Higgins - Kesler - Samuelsson (10/11)

3rd line Torres - Malhotra - Hansen (10/11) .... (imo the best 3rd line canucks have ever iced)

4th line Odjick - McIntyre - Hunter (93/94)

I know real original, only lines from 2 years lol, contemplated WCE line but dude BURE, contemplated Rypien's 4th line 06-07 but dude ODJICK, 2nd line speaks for itself - domination. Dont have time to do defense might do it later, but lets hear your lineups!!

Im pretty sure you mean

Best 1st

Best 2nd

Best 3rd

Best 4th

?

Bertuzzi-Morrison-Naslund- WCE B)

Higgins-Kesler-Raymond- Great in playoffs

Hansen-Malhotra-Torres- Best 3rd

Weise-Lapierre-Volpatti- Was scary when together

Havent been watching the Canucks very long so cant put lines from 90's

Good post and picks OP. I do not believe Samuelsson played with Higgins and Kesler for too long, as he was acquired at the trade deadline and Sammy was injured on May 7 (WCSF Game 5 versus Nashville). Still an excellent line though, as Raymond took his place and potted a couple as well.

The WCE is my all time-fave.

The Sedins and Burrows from 2 seasons ago was the best line in the NHL and probably combined for more points than any other line in franchise history. Sorry Bure and Linden, but 2 Art Ross winners are just much better.

As for the 2nd line, I'd say Kesler with Demitra and Sundin were much better. That was essentially 3 players scoring at a 60-70 point pace, and a 1st line on just about any other team.

surprised no one has mentioned defensive pairings yet. Statistically Bieksa and Edler will end up being the top 2 defenseman points-wise so i would keep the first two pairings the same (oh yeah if Canucks manage to sign Edler long term lets cross our fingers)

Hamhuis - Bieksa (current)

Edler - Garrison (current, because I dont think we've seen best of Edler yet and hopefully Garrison brings it out of him)

Ohlund - Salo (one of my all time favorite pairings, hard choice cuz I love Jovo as well)

The Sedins and Burrows from 2 seasons ago was the best line in the NHL and probably combined for more points than any other line in franchise history. Sorry Bure and Linden, but 2 Art Ross winners are just much better.

As for the 2nd line, I'd say Kesler with Demitra and Sundin were much better. That was essentially 3 players scoring at a 60-70 point pace, and a 1st line on just about any other team.

Archived