The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Giants thread

Rate this topic

TACIC

tyler benson with 6 goals in the giants scrimmage today .. he was dominant .. 15 and dominating everyone ... wow

tyler benson with 6 goals in the giants scrimmage today .. he was dominant .. 15 and dominating everyone ... wow

He is going to be one great hockey player for the gmen

• 2 weeks later...

Giants open the pre-season with a 4-2 win over the Rockets!

The Giants kicked off their pre-season with a 4-2 win over the Kelowna Rockets Saturday night at the Ladner Leisure Centre.

Rookie Tyler Benson and 20 year-old Dalton Thrower each had two points in the victory. Benson, Jackson Houck, Marek Tvrdon, and Cain Franson scored the goals for Vancouver.

083113VGKR479%20copy5839.JPG

Payton Lee made 17 saves in the first half of the game, and 15 year-old Ryan Kubic let in one goal on 14 shots in his WHL pre-season debut.

The Giants went 2-for-7 on the power play.

Next pre-season game
: Sunday September 1 @ Kamloops, 6:00pm

Next home pre-season game
: Sunday September 8 vs Kamloops, 3:00pm at Bill Copeland Arena (Burnaby)

http://vancouvergian...e-season-opener

Edited by -Vintage Canuck-

I would imagine Detroit would want him in the AHL for one of the best teams as opposed to a bottom-feeder WHL team, especially considering GR is the current AHL champions and Vancouver was the worst team in the CHL last year

Edited by mrsasaki

saw the blazers game yesterday. Benson was not dominant by any means but he plays smart. He was better in first half of the game because of the jump in his step that wore off as the game went on. I think he would look better if he had better line mates as he was setting up guys yesterday that didn't do much.

Ronning was impressive and he really can pick the corners of the net. really different than watching his dad at the same age. cliff was a star and held the puck for long periods. His son plays a more north south style and was better than I suspected.

I don't know much about the blazers but they looked huge compared to the Giants. During warm up I was thinking the blazers were going to smash these young giants because they looked so much bigger.

Blazers looked slow and tired and the only player that stood out was M. Lipon.