The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Giants thread

Rate this topic

TACIC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Vancouver Giants have aquired Dalton Thrower from the Saskatoon Blades, in exchange for a conditional second-round pick, the condition being whether Thrower is sent to the AHL or WHL next season. Thrower, 19,was a second-round pick of the Montreal Canadiens last June, and is a big, tough, hard-hitting defenseman. He was also suspended the whole memorial cup tournament for a hit to the head. Thrower has been compared to Kevin Bieksa in the past, at least his tough side has

Personally, I don't think this move makes a lot of sense, considering the Giants are in serious rebuild mode now, but don't mind it since I love Thrower and was hoping he'd fall to the Canucks in the draft.

Edited by mrsasaki

I like the move for the Giants. Yes they are in a rebuild mode, but now you have a 20 year old that can protect the younger players which are stepping into your lineup.

So Overall, Not a Bad move by the G-Men

• 4 weeks later...

those are really cool !! God ... the giants are truly going to become the class of vancouver .. they have great management , and seem to actually care about the fans .. their priorities dont seem to be screwed up like another vancouver team i know ... no wonder why so many fans are becoming apathetic towards the nucks ..