The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver Giants thread

Rate this topic

TACIC

On May 4, 2016 at 7:01 PM, Grapefruits said:

Get a better deal than what they will get in Langley?  Not a chance.

Better deal than downtown Vancouver, and use of the stadium in exchange for 50% of merchandize, and food and drinks? So nothing out of pocket, in exchange of rent, and Canucks marketing? 

On May 7, 2016 at 1:16 PM, G.K. Chesterton said:

I wonder if the Canucks would consider trying to arrange for their AHL farm team to play at the Pacific Coliseum now that it's been vacated by the Giants? Granted, there are no northwest team (though quite a few in California) and the Abbotsford Heat didn't succeed but I think things would be different if it was the Canuck's farm team. Having the farm team play in Utica would be good for getting call-ups on Eastern road trips but having the AHL team in Vancouver too would be great to get call-ups for home games.

just cant seem them willing to lose money on the deal ..  the coliseum is just too cavernous for the amount of people they would get for those games ..  and not to mention the rent would be way too high for them to make the money they need to run that show ..    a perfect space allows for about 5000 people .   

Edited by Lulover88

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Glen Hanlon expected to be the Giants next GM. 

now im starting to get pumped ..  they are finally getting their shizz together ..  took long enough ..   they are going to be a tough team to beat for the foreseeable future ..  the amount of draft picks and high end talent is going to be fun to watch . now they need a coach at the same level as hanlon !!!      

i may have to make the track to langley 

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The Vancouver Giants will hold Don Cherry Night on March 14th in support of the Kidney Foundation of Canada.

“When I was coaching the Boston Bruins, my son Tim had a transplant,” said Don Cherry. “Lucky for him, his sister, Cindy, gave him a kidney. We’re promoting organ transplants here, you can do your job, do your part, and step up to the plate.”

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2018-01-07 at 7:57 PM, Lulover88 said:

vancouver giants are in a tie for 1st in the conference and no-one has said a word about them here in months .. 

I love when we call ourselves a hockey town .  lol  

Well Langley is out of my way, and the PNE was on my way home, only problem is only now am I off well in advance of game nights. :(

But GO GIANTS!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Why on earth didn't Benning draft Ty Ronning at #194 in the 2016 Draft? He, like almost every other GM, passed on him - except for the NY Rangers who took him at #201. Crazy.

Ronning leads his team this year, breaking records. 53 goals in 58 games this year? Sure, let's pass on him. Besides, he's only from here and played here.

Was it because he was too small? Heck no, Benning drafted Palmu (5'6") at #181 last year. Palmu is 3 inches shorter than Ronning. lol 

Anyway, it drives me nuts watching the news, and occasionally they'll boast about Ronning (probably because his Dad is Cliff), but they go on and on about him like he's going to be a Canuck. Instead, he's going to the bloody Rangers. Hard to celebrate that.

• 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Was he part of that locker room / head office purge by JB/TL a year or 3 ago?

Same timing but it's Linden - Benning is not involved in that part of the business.  Rick Celebrini is the director of human performance - everything related to health and training is under his responsibility. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

Same timing but it's Linden - Benning is not involved in that part of the business.  Rick Celebrini is the director of human performance - everything related to health and training is under his responsibility. 

i believe that is accurate

and that change in trainers has curiously also coincided with a big uptick in canuck player injuries

i'm no medical guy

but i do find that pretty odd

Edited by coastal.view