Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Sedin's 6th Sense

[PS3] NHL 13: Be a GM Connected (Full)

1,300 posts in this topic

Your Role & Goal As A GM

Once you have been accepted into the league, you will be managing an entire organization and fanbase. There are 3 situations you can realistically have with a team: You can either be a contender, a middle of the pack team, or a rebuilding franchise. Your goal? Simple - Build a team to the best of your abilities and win the Stanley Cup. Whether you want to win now or later is up to you depending on the type of team you have and which direction you want to go; however, the main goal for everyone is to someday become a contender and ultimately win the Cup.

Now that you know your goal, time to know your role. As a GM and a member of the league, it will be difficult to lose your job - Exceptions: if you are doing an extremely poor job of managing your team or if you are cheating in some way. The ideal role of a GM is to remain active to a reasonable extent and be involved in the league. You do not have to post 20 times a day in the thread to be active, all you have to do is check in on the thread, post here and there, and make sure in some way, you aren't invisible to all of us - make sure you are seen visible to the league plus its members and if you can maintain that, you will be actively fine. When contacting GM's for trades, make sure you aren't someone who will be low-balling everyone you message; people will judge you and it will lead to your name and GM rep being poor, and it will make your life difficult to make any type of deal. Word spreads, so don't be that GM known to low-ball everyone he contacts.

There are 30 teams, but there will be only 1 winner - you do not have to win to be considered a good GM. 29 others will not win the Stanley Cup, and even if you finish last, it won't mean your a bad GM cause like I said before, you can be a team rebuilding and as long as you are working towards your goal and getting there, you will not be seen as a bad GM. Think of what you should do to your team, which route you should take, and most importantly, will whatever your doing ultimately help you win the Cup now or in the future? If yes, you will be doing a fine job so no need to worry or be intimidated. Good luck to everyone! :)

I'll take Philli.

PSN : rashid_4_life

I will stick with Tampa, please! PSN - diesel_3

Please include your PSN guys, thanks :)

....Also, will be gone for a couple hours...when back, will update GM's and teams.

nvm. if this is a sim league ill take w/e spot is available tomorrow

this a sim league. I might join. already in 3 leagues. 1 play 2 sim.

Just in case ill take

Minny

PSN: MonkeyGalvan-

Hey guys,

Not much to say at the moment, Sedin pretty much nailed everything in the opening post. Anything seems fishy to you, report it to one of us 3 and we'll look into it. I just have something that should be clear from the start.

Trade offers must look something like this example :

TITLE : [NHL13 PLAY : VAN-NYR] its not hard, take the extra second

To : VANCOUVER CANUCKS

[RW] Marian Gaborik ($7.5M)

To : NEW YORK RANGERS

[C] Manny Malhotra ($2.5M)

Reasoning may be asked for if a trade gets looked into, not necessary at first proposal in less you'd like to include one.

Makes life easier for us, its going to be really busy once trades are allowed, etc, so anything you guys can do to make it easier for us, is greatly appreciated.

Actually, I'll be the Sharks again. Looks like I have to completely re-tool the team all over again :picard:

psn: DJtrippleA

lol is reasoning really necessary?

nvm. if this is a sim league ill take w/e spot is available tomorrow

im out . Good luck with your league guys. I WILL PREDICT. Canucks will take the cup in the first season.