The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider

canuck028

Hard to tell right now. I think it really depends on how his new contract plays out. If he plays at an elite level, he will be the player that the team is built around for years.

But if he goes the way of a Steve Mason or a Andrew Raycroft, we'll obviously have to re-think our plans. Can't see him struggling too much though. He's too smart a goalie for that.

I guess it also depends on Eddie Lack. I mean, Lack could always play really well and "pull a Cory Schneider" on Cory Schneider.... :lol:

Things can change at any moment. At one point we all thought Luongo would retire as a Canuck with the long term contract given to him by management. Also, Eddie Lack needs the opportunity to show his worth. He may be our next franchise goaltender. At this point you have to take it day by day. Schnieder will be our #1 goalie next year and let's see what he brings to the table. If things work out, I still don't think Schnieder will retire a Canuck. With our history between the pipes it highly unlikely.

No, because no goalie has ever remained a Canuck their whole career...what I'm trying to say is Vancouver is a goalie graveyard and we run out ALL of our goalies.

Who woulda though Lu, the gold winner who replaces the greates goalie of all time, the one who took us to game 7 of the SCF, the one who has made Schneids the player who he is today, the one who made thousands supports the Blue and Green for the first time, the one who made Vancouver a destination to be landed by big name FA's, would be kicked out of town by the 'fans' and media? I surely didn't and still find it extremely shameful we made him go through what he has...he made our team, he was the core building block that kept everyone together, and to make the greatest goalie in our franchise leave forcefully, that's just sad. Wherever Lu goes, I will make sure to get his jersey with that team because like the thousands, I am 1 of them who started following the Blue and Green because of him.

....with that, it's hysterical to think Schneider will retire a Canuk or at least stay here his whole career - LOL! Just a matter of time until the 'fans' and media kick him out too, and then it'll be Lack's turn..

No, because no goalie has ever remained a Canuck their whole career...what I'm trying to say is Vancouver is a goalie graveyard and we run out ALL of our goalies.

Who woulda though Lu, the gold winner who replaces the greates goalie of all time, the one who took us to game 7 of the SCF, the one who has made Schneids the player who he is today, the one who made thousands supports the Blue and Green for the first time, the one who made Vancouver a destination to be landed by big name FA's, would be kicked out of town by the 'fans' and media? I surely didn't and still find it extremely shameful we made him go through what he has...he made our team, he was the core building block that kept everyone together, and to make the greatest goalie in our franchise leave forcefully, that's just sad. Wherever Lu goes, I will make sure to get his jersey with that team because like the thousands, I am 1 of them who started following the Blue and Green because of him.

....with that, it's hysterical to think Schneider will retire a Canuk or at least stay here his whole career - LOL! Just a matter of time until the 'fans' and media kick him out too, and then it'll be Lack's turn..

Hard to tell right now. I think it really depends on how his new contract plays out. If he plays at an elite level, he will be the player that the team is built around for years.

But if he goes the way of a Steve Mason or a Andrew Raycroft, we'll obviously have to re-think our plans. Can't see him struggling too much though. He's too smart a goalie for that.

I guess it also depends on Eddie Lack. I mean, Lack could always play really well and "pull a Cory Schneider" on Cory Schneider.... :lol:

:picard:

He is god here, no way they trade him. He has started in less then 35 games and has not had a full work load.

After his three years here he will be given a 12 year contract extension with a no trade clause and some how will be asked to leave and not retire as a Canuck.

:picard:

He is god here, no way they trade him. He has started in less then 35 games and has not had a full work load.

After his three years here he will be given a 12 year contract extension with a no trade clause and some how will be asked to leave and not retire as a Canuck.

Cory watched himself outplay Luongo causing him to lose his job. Cory watched Luongo get a ridiculously long contract which made him the highest paid player on the team and a super-millionaire. Cory saw Luongo get named captain of the team for some reason. Cory saw Luongo be praised with LUUUs whenever he made a routine save at Rogers Arena. Cory watched team management continue to have faith in Luongo in the playoffs even after three embarrassing playoff oustings in three years. Cory watched Luongo get a lot of help from his team the last 4 regular seasons as we have been one of the highest scoring in that time.

Bottom line is Luongo hasn't had it that bad in his time here. He didn't play up to expectations and Cory appears to be the better option moving forward. Yes Luongo is being shopped around to other teams, of his choice no less, and the fans and media have given him some static over the past season, other than that he has been treated pretty damn good.

If Cory took note of all the things mentioned above I dont think he would be too concerned about his future treatment.

Cory watched himself outplay Luongo causing him to lose his job. Cory watched Luongo get a ridiculously long contract which made him the highest paid player on the team and a super-millionaire. Cory saw Luongo get named captain of the team for some reason. Cory saw Luongo be praised with LUUUs whenever he made a routine save at Rogers Arena. Cory watched team management continue to have faith in Luongo in the playoffs even after three embarrassing playoff oustings in three years. Cory watched Luongo get a lot of help from his team the last 4 regular seasons as we have been one of the highest scoring in that time.

Bottom line is Luongo hasn't had it that bad in his time here. He didn't play up to expectations and Cory appears to be the better option moving forward. Yes Luongo is being shopped around to other teams, of his choice no less, and the fans and media have given him some static over the past season, other than that he has been treated pretty damn good.

If Cory took note of all the things mentioned above I dont think he would be too concerned about his future treatment.

Archived