The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider

canuck028

I sincerely hope so because I love the guy, however I honestly doubt he will.

I think that either Lack, or another prospect, may eventually out perform Schneider within the next 4-6 years (similar to our current Lu - Schneider situation) and Schneider is traded fetching a hefty return...

-or-

Much longer down the road, say 7-9 years from now another up and coming goalie out performs an aging but still reliable and proven goalie - with a Stanley Cup ring *Knock on wood* - in Schneider. Who then decides that; rather than take a back up position with the Canucks, he'd rather join another team in need of a veteran goalie either through trade or free agency.

I don't understand for the life of me why you guys seem to think our stupid opinions on a message board matter to these multi million dollar athletes. And I'm talking bout Luongo btw. The fans are mean to him blah blah blah. Do you really think Luongo's at home probably somewhere near Miami living by the beach reading CDC? I hardly think so. That's life. You're never ever gonna satisfy everybody. There are always gonna be haters out there. And by haters, I mean the 10 or so here on cdc. He chose to be a goalie, he knew exactly what he was getting himself into when he first put on a blocker and pad. He knows it's the most scrutinized posistion in hockey. If he can't take the heat, he shouldn't have become a goalie. We here are the fans, we spend our hard earn money to help pay his salary, nothing wrong with us voicing our displeasure of his performance from time to time.

Are you living in a dream world? Luongo has been treated like absolute crap in Vancouver. You are so out of the loop i'm not even sure a large thought out post is warranted.

Cory himself has come out and told the media several times that Luongo doesn't deserve the treatment he gets from fans and media here. From the way some fans in this city talk about Luongo, you would think he had murdered their family and burnt their house down.

Why do you hate Luongo so much? I've just noticed that Cory Schnieder is really overrated on these boards. I have a feeling both Lu and Schnieder are gonna go into the season together and Cory's gonna choke because he has alot of pressure on him. We'll see what happens but as a Luongo fan, I really want Schnieder traded.

I'll say 'no,' just because of the way the business has changed over the years. In fact, of all the current Canucks, I bet the Sedins will be the only ones to be drafted and retire here.

Remember not too long ago when Hodgson was supposed to be our next Captain?

I'm only aware of one time that Cory mentioned something about the fans jeering Luongo during a game.

I also think you are exaggerating about how the fans speak of Luongo. Many of us have just had enough of him and if Cory hadn't been outplaying him then some of us "haters" would probably cut him some more slack.

It is no secret that Canuck fans, along with a few other Canadian fan bases are very critical of their players. They are under a microscope here. One or two bad games and you are all of the sudden the villain of the city. Cory has witnessed how this fan base has basically run Luongo out of town.....Why would he want to play in front of such an arrogant fan base? (Not all Canuck fans who go to games are like this, but there are enough out there to be heard at games and in the media).

In my opinion, that's the whole reason Cory only signed a 3 year deal, he wants to test the waters a little bit. He has been a pretty much perfect goalie up until this point. He knows he won't be able to keep up this level of perfection over an entire season, let alone the rest of his career. We have yet to see Schneider under the microscope as the #1 guy when he is going through a rough patch. I have a feeling i know how some fans and the media will react, and it won't be pretty.

I for one am a huge fan of Schneider, I'd love for him to remain a Canuck, and succeed, but i'm not so sure his mind is set on that.

It is no secret that Canuck fans, along with a few other Canadian fan bases are very critical of their players. They are under a microscope here. One or two bad games and you are all of the sudden the villain of the city. Cory has witnessed how this fan base has basically run Luongo out of town.....Why would he want to play in front of such an arrogant fan base? (Not all Canuck fans who go to games are like this, but there are enough out there to be heard at games and in the media).

In my opinion, that's the whole reason Cory only signed a 3 year deal, he wants to test the waters a little bit. He has been a pretty much perfect goalie up until this point. He knows he won't be able to keep up this level of perfection over an entire season, let alone the rest of his career. We have yet to see Schneider under the microscope as the #1 guy when he is going through a rough patch. I have a feeling i know how some fans and the media will react, and it won't be pretty.

I for one am a huge fan of Schneider, I'd love for him to remain a Canuck, and succeed, but i'm not so sure his mind is set on that.

Should we not care? Should we act as everything is fine when any goalie not just our goalies lets in bad goal after bad goal? You're making it sound like you've never yelled a swear word at the tv when you see Luongo allow a bad goal in. I dare you to say that you've never done so. It is cuz we care so much about this team and wanna see it do well, that's why we're like this. If Luongo or Cory want fans who are never critical of their performance, perhaps they should play for another team say Phoenix or Florida.

With all seriousness, I do not think there is a chance Cory Schneider's Mental strength will break here.

I think the guy is on another plane of reality in terms of his life and what being a professional athlete does to you.

He wants to be the best and money means nothing to a person like him.

I believe he will break the cup curse, and I certainly believe he will play his entire career with the city that gave him such good vibes~

You can call me a dreamer but I am not the only one.

Archived