The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Re-Signing] Eddie Lack signs 2 year deal

Great news - surprised he signed for so little (if spending another year in the AHL with that two-way first year of the deal) - quite an incentive to make the Canucks.

HIs agent may have said he would benefit from another year in the AHL, but Dave Gagner has said that he is ready for the NHL.

I'd like to see the Canucks give him a shot with the backup job. He has done as much time as Schneider had before joining the Canucks, and actually had better numbers.

Good to see Lack signed. But while he may be ready for the NHL, I think another year starting in Chicago is the best move, for both him and the organization.

I have faith in Cory Schneider, but as a young goaltender taking over the starters workload for the first time at the NHL level, a steady veteran backup at least for one year would be beneficial. I expect the Canucks to get a guy like this either as part of the return in a Luongo trade or via UFA signing shortly after the trade goes down.

Agree with others who have mentioned that Lack should get one more year in the AHL.

I would hope that we bring on a veteran goalie to back up Cory and then bring Lack up the following year.

Glad to hear he's been re-signed though.

On to Burrows...

I agree with the others who've said Lack should get one more year being the #1 in Chicago. I also agree that it would be prudent for MG to get a solid veteran backup to ride the bench behind Schneids.

No on to this Luongo situation MG.

Yea Stork!! I was getting worried we weren't going to be able to re-sign him.

I would at least give him a shot at a few more games in the NHL like they did for Schneids before he makes the step up and see how he does. He is a very skilled goalie that will most likely become a real threat in the NHL like Schneids is becoming.

Eddie%2BLack%2BVancouver%2BCanucks%2Bv%2BAnaheim%2BDucks%2BsxVrGPtG1czl.jpg

Archived