The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best Hit By A Canuck

Jay86

My favourite hit never was not a hit at all. Rome vs Horton. Rome is stationary for a split second and braces himself whilst Horton skates into him. Rome is just holding his ground as he has every right to. He was called for interference whilst stationery ( even though the interference rule states that a player cannot be called if holding their place on the ice) Many NHL players expressed disbelief at the time. He throw a hit whilst stationery. What an achievement.

Not by a Canuck either, but I get a thrill out of crushing pests running rampant:

Brad had better watch out, Salo's gone from our blue line and Garrison's much tougher, so if he tried that kind of play or laid a cheap hip check like he did to Sami, he won't get away unscathed (or he'll end up on his back and see illusions of #76 in red and blue all over again as a result of whoever crushes him).

I love this one because Volpatti defies the laws of physics and somehow reverses the momentum of this hit.

Does anyone else notice when Volpatti hits someone he acts like he doesn't even realise it. This "look" here is not the first time I've seen it from Volpatti. I wonder how he would have developed if he hadn't been injured.

Love all the hits.  A little surprised Hamhuis has not made the cut so far.  I know everyone would like to forget about the hit on Lucic, but it was an unbelievable hit.  The there was the hit on Douglas Murray... that's our Hammer!

Both monster men!

Archived