The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Will Be Our Game Changer?

RyanKeslord17

A thought came into my head today that made me wonder, if the Canucks are to win the cup this year, or in the years to come, who will be the main reason why?

I know, hockey is a team game, and it does indeed take a whole team to win a cup, but there's always that one games changer that sets the lead. To name a few: Dustin Brown, Jonathan Toews, Claude Giroux, Sidney Crosby. All these players have the capability to lead their team to a cup, and 3 of the 4 mentioned have already done that. The Bruins had that rascal Marchand who took the first strides by scoring timely goals, agitating, and targeting our star players. Brown did the same thing, with a more physical edge.

When the Canucks went to the Stanley Cup Finals there was one person who set the lead for Vancouver. He did everything. Score goals, hit, block shots, kill timely penalties. His name is Ryan Kesler. Unfortunately due to injuries he couldn't continue his fantastic play and nobody stepped up.

My question to you: Do we currently have that game changer/ leader that will put us over the top in this years playoffs? Or do we still need to find that player? If anyone, my vote goes to Kesler.

I personally believe Jordon Schroeder can be a game changer if given the chance. We need to understand some players are born to play better in a more skilled league. Schroeder rubs me as someone who can be dangerous in big games. I've liked what I've seen with him in the preseason games with the Canucks and with the Moose/Wolves. I think we need to give him a chance and let's see what this kid can do.

Roberto Luongo because we will have a short season due to the lock out. Luongo will battle Schneider for the number one spot like how it was with Thomas and Rask. Luongo will win and come out on top. Luongo will then step his game up in the playoffs. He will have a Tim Thomas type of playoffs. He will lead us to the cup. He then will say something about not meeting Steven Harper due to his political views. We will see the old Luongo back and he will take a year off to be with his family.

A thought came into my head today that made me wonder, if the Canucks are to win the cup this year, or in the years to come, who will be the main reason why?

I know, hockey is a team game, and it does indeed take a whole team to win a cup, but there's always that one games changer that sets the lead. To name a few: Dustin Brown, Jonathan Toews, Claude Giroux, Sidney Crosby. All these players have the capability to lead their team to a cup, and 3 of the 4 mentioned have already done that. The Bruins had that rascal Marchand who took the first strides by scoring timely goals, agitating, and targeting our star players. Brown did the same thing, with a more physical edge.

When the Canucks went to the Stanley Cup Finals there was one person who set the lead for Vancouver. He did everything. Score goals, hit, block shots, kill timely penalties. His name is Ryan Kesler. Unfortunately due to injuries he couldn't continue his fantastic play and nobody stepped up.

My question to you: Do we currently have that game changer/ leader that will put us over the top in this years playoffs? Or do we still need to find that player? If anyone, my vote goes to Kesler.

Archived